Blokes what can you squat?

So... I may not be the strongest YET Haha! But I have a very unfit male friend dissing my sulquatting 60k and reckoning e can do a hell of a lot more. I think it's bollocks. What can you lot do?

Replies

• danielpmurphy
    danielpmurphy Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Yaya,

At the moment I'm squatting 120Kg, 5 reps for 3 sets.
  • yayabeaks
    yayabeaks Posts: 107 Member
    Good going!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    About 108kg for 1rm
  • yayabeaks
    He's totally untrained, I expect him to be able to do what I can but he reckoned 180kg, and it's bollocks lol!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Talk is cheap. Give him a copy of Dave Draper's "Iron In My Hands".
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,632 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like he knows bugger-all about lifting. If he's totally untrained, I hope he doesn't go and try to lift 180 kg right off the bat - I'm guessing he wouldn't understand good form either.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Sounds like he knows bugger-all about lifting. If he's totally untrained, I hope he doesn't go and try to lift 180 kg right off the bat - I'm guessing he wouldn't understand good form either.

^^ This. I hope he's also not stupid enough to risk seriously injuring himself trying to prove his masculinity.
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    yayabeaks wrote: »
    So... I may not be the strongest YET Haha! But I have a very unfit male friend dissing my sulquatting 60k and reckoning e can do a hell of a lot more. I think it's bollocks. What can you lot do?

Come on, Yaya. Who TF cares?

Just do your thing and bugger everyone else. Especially insecure blokes.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I too get my jollies by comparing my lifting potential to women. The hell is even happening here? Is this an extension of that silly *kitten* old pubbie myth that women naturally have more lower body strength than men?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Strong legs do not automatically translate into a heavy squat. The first time I tried squats I had strong legs, was already leg pressing 364kg, but my squat that first day was only 61kg. Humiliating. But with practice on form that number climbed very quickly, and today my personal best is 216kg.

(It seems weird to see those numbers translated from pounds to kg. I much prefer using 800, 135 and 475, respectively.)
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Probably *kitten* himself just un-racking 180kg!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just started lifting for the first time in my life 6 months ago (I'm 43) and started at just the bar. Right now I'm at 115 lb for 5x5, never tried 1 RM. Slow going...
  • yayabeaks
    BeauNash wrote: »

You are so right! But for some reason it really pissed me off haha!
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    50lbs 2 reps
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    BeauNash wrote: »

You are so right! But for some reason it really pissed me off haha!

Cocky ignorance tends to do that!
  • All time best is 505 lbs. I currently working back from knee injury I did 365 x 5. I'm hoping to get back to best by end of summer.