My OMAD Journey

Replies

• rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    I noticed one thing that is contradicting Joe's theory or anyones for that matter. When I weigh myself first thing in the morning I weight 2 to 3 pounds more. When I weight right before I break my fast around 7 pm, I feel I get a much more accurate reading. My omad meal is dinner. Any theories?
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Not sure why, maybe you are releasing fluids throughout the day. I'd just concentrate on weighing at the same time of day for each weigh-in. I know my weight varies 2-3 lbs throughout the day, but I haven't checked mornings vs. evening since on OMAD.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    rs2332 wrote: »
    I noticed one thing that is contradicting Joe's theory or anyones for that matter. When I weigh myself first thing in the morning I weight 2 to 3 pounds more. When I weight right before I break my fast around 7 pm, I feel I get a much more accurate reading. My omad meal is dinner. Any theories?

You lose glycogen weight and water while fasting. You also might not be drinking a lot of water during the day. I weight about 2-3 lbs more at bed than in the morning. I can't remember what I weigh before I eat.
  • rs2332
    blambo61 wrote: »

You lose glycogen weight and water while fasting. You also might not be drinking a lot of water during the day. I weight about 2-3 lbs more at bed than in the morning. I can't remember what I weigh before I eat.

That's the funny part. I drink about 90oz of water before 4pm. I feel it's the sodium retention
  • blambo61
    blambo61 wrote: »

That's the funny part. I drink about 90oz of water before 4pm. I feel it's the sodium retention

Bottom line is what your are day-to-day.
  • rs2332
    Today I briefly weighed in at 189.5 but when. I stepped back on it was 190 LOL., i ate one or two slices of pizza for every day this week and still lost about 2.5 pounds. Still doing good with my macros except protein but I am not going to worry about it for now. Ready to start week 3 tomorrow!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Your body is teasing you haha....
    Fight back. You'll get under 190 soon!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's awesome that you ate pizza and still lost 2.5 LBs, it gives me hope that I can eat pizza too :)
  • blambo61
    My scale will always weigh me heavier if I get back on it. I think the springs get loosened up. Just be consistent with how you do the weighing.
  • rs2332
    Weighed in at 188lbs yesterday at 17.2% bf. Very exciting. My dinner has been my OMAD meal and i have been eating eggs, chicken sausage, one or two slices of pizza, p28 protein bread with dark chocolate peanut butter and even ice cream for the past two days. Absolutely love OMAD at this point!
  • Brendalea69
    You're doing AWESOME!!! :)
  • rs2332
    You're doing AWESOME!!! :)

Thank you Brenda! :)
  • blambo61
    Very nice!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Weighed in at 188lbs yesterday at 17.2% bf. Very exciting. My dinner has been my OMAD meal and i have been eating eggs, chicken sausage, one or two slices of pizza, p28 protein bread with dark chocolate peanut butter and even ice cream for the past two days. Absolutely love OMAD at this point!

THAT IS AWESOME!! Congratulations!!! You got there!!! One goal down ;)
  • rs2332
    After eating a double cheese burger, fries, two p28 slices with extra dark chocolate Pb and ice cream last night my weight is back up at 189 today lol lesson learnt not to overdo even if omad! Like someone mentioned before my body is actually craving for healthy food now! Is this a omad thing?
  • Brendalea69
    That doesn't seem like a lot, it will come back off fast!!!
  • blambo61
    I wanted to eat more healthy and did while on OMAD.
  • 1MADGIRL
    You managed to stay under 190 :)
    I overdo things sometimes as well... I had a lot of food and wine yesterday so I decided not to weigh myself this morning. I'll weigh myself tomorrow :) It's okay. We're doing okay.
  • rs2332
    Thanks for the reassurance guys! i weighed in at 187 again last night. I can see a trend here :) Great positive changes. Very exciting. Its like having a feast every night
  • 1MADGIRL
    is under 180 your new goal? :)