1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Weekly update
    March 13 - 217.6
  • 1MADGIRL
    Overachiever!!!! :) I reckon you should change your goal now :)

rs2332 - I'll add yours tonight!
  • Vanguard1
    edited March 2017
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Overachiever!!!! :) I reckon you should change your goal now

How about 212 and work out 3 times week?
  • 1MADGIRL
    Sounds perfect :) I'll update tonight. You're doing so well. You must be so proud of your progress!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Build up to 50-min on my runs (run 3xweek). I'm at 40 this week and increasing by 5-min/week. Also make a little progress with lifting. Not gain any weight.
  • Vanguard1
    Sounds perfect :) I'll update tonight. You're doing so well. You must be so proud of your progress!
    I am, but also leery of it, that was a lot for a week, I think it will slow down and steady out now.

Thanks!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Sorry I haven't updated the chart yet. I will when I have access to my PC :)

I weigh 52.9 now :) I started this month at 54.0. I have 2.9kgs left for this month. A little tight but I will keep trying!!

Vanguard, as long as its going down don't worry :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Build up to 50-min on my runs (run 3xweek). I'm at 40 this week and increasing by 5-min/week. Also make a little progress with lifting. Not gain any weight.

Congrats!!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    nzl22yod45ne.png
  • Vanguard1
    Thank you, this really helps keep me focused!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Im really glad its helping you! I like making charts out of my goals and think as a group we work harder to reach our goals.

You're doing so well! Can't wait for your end of month progress :)

I lost another 200grams so now I have 2.7kg left to lose. I'm really trying hard to be a 51er asap :) hoping by Friday I'll be in the 51's.
  • Vanguard1
    Weekly update
    20 March 214.2, still having consistent workouts!!

Great job 1MADGirl, you are right on track.

Thanks to this group for keeping me accountable!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    You're just 2 pounds away and you've got 11 days left to reach your goal :)

Thanks! Today I realised I lost another 200 grams! so its now 2.5 kg left (and I lost 1.5kg so far). Still a little tight but I'll do my best to get as close as possible to the goal.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Hi guys,
    An update here... I started Strength training today!

I did legs today. This is what I did.
    16 kg barbell squats - 4 sets / 8 reps
    16 kg barbell hip thrusts - 5 sets / 10 reps
    10 kg leg extension - 4 sets / 18 reps
    15 kg leg extension - 2 sets / 18 reps
    5 kg leg curls - 4 sets / 18 reps
    5 kg inner thigh kick - 4 sets / 18 reps
    5 kg outer thigh kicks - 4 sets / 18 reps
    0 kg hip thrusts - 100

I took 3 scoops of protein powder (17.5 * 3g protein = 52.5g) + a piece of chicken (15g)
    Total of 67.5g of protein. Still under but I'll get there slowly.

I'm new to this and I'm hoping I'll stick to the plan.

Tomorrow is a chest day for me :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Nice work!! Make sure you squeeze your buns at the top of your squats! Ha! That's the best part. You are probably going to be sore tomorrow so make sure you walk, stretch and drink plenty of water. Overtime the soreness will go away!! You are doing awesome!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good workout. You will be sore if this is new!
  • Vanguard1
    Hi guys,
    An update here... I started Strength training today!

I'm new to this and I'm hoping I'll stick to the plan.

Great job starting a program!! Don't worry so much about the program or protein at this point, the key is establishing habits. Did you join a gym or are you doing this at home? One of my tricks is keeping a gym bag in my car ALL of the time. Once you go home, it is very tough to go back out to the gym, try to work it into your routine. One of my favorite plans is https://stronglifts.com/ , it is suited for beginners and progresses nicely, requires relatively little equipment, 3 times a week, and uses compound exercises and stresses proper form. it helps to get the habit down, then you can venture out into other programs. It is just a recommendation, just stick with something and you will do great!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Thank you!

I'm doing this at home. I have a home gym, barbell rods, dumb bells, plates, ab machine. I'm decently equipped. I don't like gyms. I feel tense that people are looking at me haha

Thank you! I'll check stronglifts out. I've tried to create a plan from things I found online and learning which muscles they tackle- but I'm just a beginner. Time will tell :)
  • Vanguard1
    I do most of my work outs at home as well. It sounds like you have all you need for a great workout!!