Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    did you violate the rules @Vikka_V ? Bad Canadian......tsk tsk

Haha,
    No not me! Not that I am aware of.
    I just noticed that it seems that in some threads users seem to be missing in the order of the posts, but their comments show up as quotes in other users posts, it is a bit confusing to read. Like a user is quoted, but I'm thinking where did that come from, I hadn't read it previously. Then I get distracted wondering about the context of what I am reading.

okay, sounds like you didnt violate the golden rule of Canada, and that is be nice in all things -

Haha,
    Super nice, that's me! Unless someone is being cruel, mean-spirited or a bully, then I do a 180 pretty quick!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    w5elo742yc9l.jpg

You don't like Canadians?
  • Vikka_V
    w5elo742yc9l.jpg

@VanishingNachos

Surely you jest!
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    w5elo742yc9l.jpg

You don't like Canadians?

9aj6waqli0nf.jpg

love me some Canadians -
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    ja0scv01198v.jpg

what doesn't kill you, eventually kills you.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    I have a question for anyone:
    I am reading through a thread and noticed that some users posts are not in the sequence of the thread, but their comments appear in quotes from other users. Does anyone know why this happens? It is a bit confusing to me.

You can edit your comments up to an hour after posting it.

:) thank you! When you edit the post can you delete it entirely tho? I've seen some where a "." is the only thing left in the post and was assuming that that is a post that had been deleted, although the user is still in the sequence of the thread. Is it possible to remove a post entirely?

If you just see a . that usually means a person changed their mind on saying something that could have gotten them in trouble, but don't want to take the time to flag the comment for deletion.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-Z_DW0AuE

One of my all time favorite moments in the history of cartoons
  • Vikka_V
    Oh, so you can request something to be deleted, by flagging it, but once its been quoted by another person it is in that persons comment regardless of whether the post has been deleted or not?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Oh, so you can request something to be deleted, by flagging it, but once its been quoted by another person it is in that persons comment regardless of whether the post has been deleted or not?

That's correct! It's why when some post they ask other's not, to quote them within; their responses because they, intend to; delete it but'll otherwise be unable to, via someone else's post; if quoted!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    dpfnjih9lkwt.jpeg

Truer words were, never spoken posted!
  • Vikka_V
    I have a question for anyone:
    I am reading through a thread and noticed that some users posts are not in the sequence of the thread, but their comments appear in quotes from other users. Does anyone know why this happens? It is a bit confusing to me.

You can edit your comments up to an hour after posting it.

:) thank you! When you edit the post can you delete it entirely tho? I've seen some where a "." is the only thing left in the post and was assuming that that is a post that had been deleted, although the user is still in the sequence of the thread. Is it possible to remove a post entirely?

If you just see a . that usually means a person changed their mind on saying something that could have gotten them in trouble, but don't want to take the time to flag the comment for deletion.

That's correct! It's why when some post they ask other's not, to quote them within; their responses because they, intend to; delete it but'll otherwise be unable to, via someone else's post; if quoted!

Thank you both :)
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    edited March 2017
    From this kickass concert last night! SO GOOD!!

vj1oqdql3bem.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2017
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    From this kickass concert last night! SO GOOD!!

vj1oqdql3bem.jpg

March 1st Phoenix. (My sister went). I'm going to see them in August. Cannot wait!!!

t96qsnpkjhbd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.