Salad dressings

2»

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    If you like creamy dressings like ranch etc, get the litehouse or bolthouse farms greek yogurt types. Very good and way fewer calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Nowadays I'm happy with just some Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar.. but if I want to splurge on some blue cheese dressing once in a while, nothing wrong with that.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    My best friend only eats ranch. She just eats 1 tablespoon instead of 2. At first it was hard, but now she's used to it. I prefer vinaigrettes.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    jenbeck18 wrote: »
    Bolthouse farms! Theyre in most grocery stores near the salads refrigerator section (not the usual salad dressing aisle) They're yogurt based salad dressings and only around 40-45 cals/2 tb try their ranch! I have their salsa ranch, creamy garlic, and creamy balsamic they're all equally yummy.

This! Boathouse also makes OPA dressing and its fantastic

Another vote for Boathouse Farms. Many of their dressings are light and tasty. Another favorite of mine is Hendrickson's Sweet Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing. It's thin, tangy, sweet, and coats a salad easily with just 2 tbsp @ about 70 calories.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    A squeeze of lemon and a tbsp of grated parmesan with some pepper actually goes a long way.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I generally make my own, but if I want something quick, I like Ken's steakhouse dressings. However, I am not a fan of creamy dressings, I prefer vinaigrettes.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    I use buttermilk ranch (Walmart) and it's 55 calories for 1 tablespoon. I put that in a plastic container filled with my greens and other veggies and shake it up and it's amazing how perfect just 1 TBS of the dressing is and it's still ranch. The buttermilk is lower calories than other ranch. It's 110 calories for 2 tbs
  • greenfrog2006
    greenfrog2006 Posts: 8 Member
    Fat free sour cream and hidden valley ranch packets. Less calories than any light ranch and has more flavor
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited March 2017
    I either make my own (olive oil, dijon mustard, and lemon juice with some salt and pepper) or use olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Skinny girl brand is amazing, no sugar, low sodium, low calorie.
    I personally have taken a liking to just olive oil drizzle with a bit of salt.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Tessamae's dressings are pretty awesome, but they are pretty pricy. I make my own most of the time.

I could drink the lemon garlic.

It is sooooooooo good. Like the best dressing I have ever eaten times a million.

It is expensive at my Kroger but I'll pay. Then periodically it's half price and I stock up.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    I like the Opa brand ranch - it is made with yogurt and the calories aren't bad.
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Lemon juice, a bit of zest and herbs to taste - hardly any calories, no hidden ingredients and gives a good zing!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    ggeise14 wrote: »
    My favorite is just Aged Basalmic (from Love that Olive) and #2 is Panera's Poppyseed Dressing (fairly low in calories compared to others).

Panera's poppyseed is also pretty low in sodium compared to other dressings too.

I actually have a bunch of dressings in my fridge that I use depending on what is in my salad, what I want, and what calorie and sodium goals I have that day. (Panera's poppyseed I just discovered last month, I like it.)