"You can eat whaver you want, as long as you eat at a deficit" is true, but it's garbage advice.

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member

And still others come here to share helpful advice, which the OP labeled "garbage" yet those of us who are responding are admonished and told we need to be "nicer".[/quote]

I now dub myself "GarbageMan". (although I am a little ashamed of myself that I am overeating troll food)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I agree with you original poster. Those CICO people are full of bunk. The quality of what you eat nutritionally can speed up and cause you to lose weight. Eating junk food and processed foods at a deficit doesn't work for me at all. Eating at a deficit is unnatural for the body... and it is tricky to do it long term. You need to maximize the food you eat and be strategic so you don't get hungry go off and binge.

You are right.. garbage talk!
  • beth2548
    beth2548 Posts: 1 Member
    Is there really an "all pizza' diet? i want in! lol just kidding. You can eat pizza and lose weight, seriously.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    To be honest I think that the most frustrating thing about this thread is that the OP is so very close to having some good points - they're just coming out all wrong and instead of being helpful it's just coming off as a massive generalization (because no ifs, ands or buts were included in the original post) and a little condescending.

And when someone posts a thread that denounces an entire section of MFP users, whether intentional or not, you have to expect some blowback.

It's more often than not that only the people who disagree with a post will comment on it. Often times when you agree you don't even bother to comment, so of course most people who have responded to this thread have started their rebuttals with, "actually..."

Some people come here for debate, and some come to find like-minded future friends and helpful advice.

And still others come here to share helpful advice, which the OP labeled "garbage" yet those of us who are responding are admonished and told we need to be "nicer".

Some people give advice tactfully and respectfully and others sound like bossy bullies. Why should we expect MFP to be a functional family when most of us have dis-functional families in "real life."
This discussion has been closed.