623lbs, Trying to Get Going Again

Replies

• dania201
    dania201 Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks! Honestly, gaining only 100lbs over four years I think is pretty good, considering
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Welcome back! I wish you the best of luck and you do have us for support! I hope you also have home support and good doctor to help you on your journey.
  • dania201
    Yeah yeah, I got that before. It was a riot.
    karahm78 wrote: »
    I'm sorry and maybe I am being negative.... but I don't believe this is a real person for a second.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Welcome back! I'm rooting for you!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Welcome Dani! You have a great community here -- we have your back. My advice is simple, plug your stats into MFP and use the tool as designed. Set it to lose 1 pound a month and roll with it. Have some fun and learn along the way.
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    Hey Dani, great job returning! Here's a quick tip that may or may not work for you: Plan your food in advance, if possible. If not, record everything you eat in MFP before eating it. That way you'll know if you are going to stay on track before it is too late. Once you start to see results, it will motivate you. If you are tempted to go off of plan, stop and think: record the food first and see what it will do. Ask yourself what it is that you really want. Keep it up, and don't mind the trolls.
  • dania201
    fascha wrote: »
    karahm78 wrote: »
    I'm sorry and maybe I am being negative.... but I don't believe this is a real person for a second.

I have a hard time beleiving someone would revive their old thread to troll the members of mfp 4 years later. Why do you have a hard time believing this is a real person I'm curious?

THANK YOU. I don't understand how anyone can think I take pleasure in coming clean about where I'm at and being honest with a board that is intended to help when you're in a rut like this. :(
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Dania this is a great board, don't get discouraged by one (or a few) negative people; many more people want to help you succeed than want to be rude ❤️
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    You got this! We ALL believe in you :smile: one small change at a time. Keep us posted!
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    You can do it!!! I'd love to follow you in your journey.
    Keep your head up!
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Welcome back. You can do this. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • dania201
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dania201 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Just FYI I'm back and I'm ready to lose this time. I gained about 100lbs since I last posted, but I'm past that. I just want to say that I appreciate the positive people here, and I look forward to encouraging others!

~D

If you are now 723 lbs, I hope you've contacted medical professionals and are working with them to help you lose the weight.

No, you're right, I'm not 723 lbs. I was 707 but now I'm down to 699 I believe. I am going to try this on my own first though and I thank the people here and offline that have so supportive, win lose or gain.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    You can do this!
    One day at a time. You are worth it!
    A lot of people will be cheering for each success!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    dania201 wrote: »
    Thank you guys!! I know that if I'm going to make this work this time, I'm going to have to up my game in terms of consistency.

Sometimes I think people hate because they can tell that I don't tow the line with all the normal body hate stuff. A lot of people, women especially, can treat weigh loss and dieting like a religion, and spew on and on about how terrible it is that they got fat. But I don't look at it that way. Sure, I need to lose weight to increase my mobility and health, but I'm not a terrible person because I got fat. I refuse to hate my body. If that rubs some people the wrong way, too bad.

I don't think anyone here (at least, not anyone whose profile would remain active for very long) wants anyone to hate their body.

I think people are (correctly) advocating medical support (not necessarily surgery... but certainly therapy/other assistance) because your weight is dangerously high. We're not medical experts here. We just know about counting calories and getting exercise.
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Good luck. You can do it. Folks have given you great advice. Just start small with one goal and accomplish that. Drink 8 glasses of water. Park extra spots away from store. Do that for 2-3 weeks. Add another goal.