Meals with Avocado

Dree216
Dree216 Posts: 31 Member
Looking for some tasty meals that include avocado other than guacamole & tortilla chips. Any ideas?

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Sushi
    Crab avacado salad
    Egg in avacado
    Avacado toast
    Quinoa stuffed avacado
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I mix canned tuna with avocado instead of mayo. Add some green onion and it's amazing.

I make a tuna salad and then spoon it onto 1/2 avocado.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I love avocado on toast in the morning. I love to add it to sandwiches.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Sliced on a salad (especially yummy on a grains & greens salad).
    Sliced, combined grapefruit sections, topped with french or honey mustard dressing.
    Sliced along side a fried egg and whatever else you're eating.
    World's best vegan sandwich: avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, mustard and/or soy mayo (your choice, or regular mayo if you're not vegan) on hearty, lightly bread. Optional: sprouts and/or hummus.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Several of my staples have been mentioned, but it's good in egg salad or in hummus. It can be made into a pasta sauce too.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    I eat it as a side, sliced or diced with a squeeze of lime, sea salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I like it diced up with hard boiled egg and grape tomatoes and a splash of vinegar or lime juice. I eat avocado diced on tacos (fish, turkey, pork, beef...I eat a lot of tacos) and also on top of soups and chilis. I have a black bean, sweet potato and quinoa chili cooking in my crock pot right now. I intend to top it with some Greek yogurt and diced avocado. I also eat it with omelets or scrambled eggs. I guess it's no surprise that it is #5 on my "frequent foods" list.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    I just made chicken salad using mashed avocado and greek yogurt instead of mayo and it was really good. Also one of my favorite snacks is cottage cheese and greek yogurt with avocado and tomato. I also like it spread on toast/english muffins for my egg sandwiches.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Chipotle shrimp sandwiches with chipotle adobo avocado "mayo" (from damndelicious.com) Absofreakinlutely the BOMB! If you don't want to eat the bread, dip the shrimp in the mayo with a salad on the side, or it the shrimp in an arugula salad and dilute the mayo with water to create a salad dressing.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Always avocado toast. When I eat half an avocado, I want it to be the star of the show. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and some freshly ground pepper. And you have a little bit of heaven.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I love it with eggs. (on omelette or frittata)

Or mashed up and mixed through roasted green vegies.

Or on toast with Vegemite (and tomato, or a poached egg)

Or with salmon and asparagus
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Breakfast sandwich on wheat bread with a slice of cheese, egg, and sliced avocado mmmmm
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    I make a turkey wrap with avocado. Or avocado toast with a poached egg on top. Or just sliced up with a pinch of salt on it. Love avocados.
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    This thread inspired me to have avocado with my lunch! Fish sandwich with salsa and avocado - so good!!! Thanks guys.

Also - Avocado toast with a little citrus infused olive oil, hot pepper flakes and sea salt - the best snack in the world.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I like it sliced in salads, and I love it cut up and used as a garnish on a nice tomato soup.

When it starts going a little brown, I mash it up like guacamole and mix it about half and half with hummus and use it as a sandwich spread.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Burritos or tortas...
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just add avocado to any meal. Can't go wrong.
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    A family favorite at my house is avocado, scrambled eggs, and rice. Mix together and it is quite tasty. Even my 3 year old loves it!