Mom2Annie's Progress Thread

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I've had a splurge day once a week since I started back in September, I couldn't do it without them :)
  • travelher
    travelher Posts: 11 Member
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    I'm officially disenchanted with LCHF+OMAD and feel like I need to make an adjustment.

I don't think the high fat part is right for me. I want to stay low-carb, but super low carb (my aim has been 20-30 grams a day) is very difficult for me when combined with OMAD. I try to keep my eating window from 4:30pm to 7:30pm and I simply cannot get in enough HEALTHY food to achieve the macro ratios that are part of a LCHF diet. If I ate three meals a day, then I don’t think it would be so hard. As it is now, I'm eating significantly more processed foods and less vegetables & fruits which makes me feel like I’m regressing in my healthy habits, not progressing. I miss my green smoothies! I miss eating oranges and apples. I miss carrots, rice, potatoes, artichokes, etc.

And as of yesterday, I am super tempted to eat some serious carbs. I'm talking donuts, pizza, brownies, and cookies...not relatively healthy carbs like whole grain bread/pasta. I wasn’t craving that stuff before I combined LCHF with OMAD. It only just hit me yesterday which was my 8th day of integrating LCHF.

I'm also backed up and having abdominal pains. I think it's all the fat and less fiber. I can only fit so much high fiber veggies into 3 hours of eating. At the end of the window, I am miserably full and uncomfortable.

I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUJpkO5FyU&t=2s this morning by a bariatric doctor named Matthew Weiner (author of A Pound of Cure) titled, “Should I have weight loss surgery?” which…

(1) is the first time in several weeks that I’ve shown any interest in actually having the gastric sleeve surgery that I’m technically prepping to have done this summer or fall; and

(2) he said something that struck a chord in me. He said (paraphrased): Whatever nutritional changes you make (with the intention of making them permanent) has to be something you can enjoy or you won’t be successful long-term. In that moment, it hit me that I am definitely not enjoying LCHF. I do, however, enjoy OMAD.

Is OMAD sometimes a challenge? Definitely, but it’s something I can see myself doing (at least partially) for the rest of my life. I don’t struggle with feeling deprived on OMAD because there really aren’t any restrictions. If I want an orange with my meal, then I have an orange and I can feel great that I ate something natural and full of nutrients! If I eat an orange on the LCHF diet, then I get to feel like crap because I’ve immediately blown my diet and kicked my body out of ketosis. In other words, I face failure more often through the day on LCHF than on OMAD. Once you get accustomed to OMAD, it’s like running on autopilot. You don’t have to think so hard and try so hard to stay on track toward meeting your goals.

So, I’m going to go back to OMAD only but be mindful of excessive carbs and try to consume mostly healthy ones, but not obsess about the amount so much.

Sorry for the novel! I hope everyone is having a great day. B)

Love Dr. Weiner. I have watched all his videos...have the book too. Very informative about the realities of bariatric surgery and metabolism as opposed to the myths which most people still believe.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I don't like LCHF. Actually I like the HF just not the LC!
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Just popping in to say hello. I'm still eating OMAD but I'm in a funk. I've definitely hit a speed bump.

Hope you all are well.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Funks come and go, it happens. Just keep up the fundamentals you've learned, you know it will work. Some food for thought in the meantime: When the Weight Loss Honeymoon is Over
  • Mom2annie
    Thanks @leveejohn
  • Mom2annie
    Thursday was 7 weeks eating OMAD.

687ne2izdatb.png
  • leveejohn
    Those are really good numbers! Just keep slugging away.
  • Brendalea69
    Hope you're out of your funk soon...You are doing good so dont give up o:)
  • Mom2annie
    Funk is over and I'm back on track.

I've been neglecting my exam prep and the big day is one week away. If I fail, then I'm out $400 and will be super disappointed. So I took off today to study without distractions at the library. I studied like my life depended on it. 8:15am to 4:15pm. No need for lunch break (yay omad). I feel better prepared now but I still have a long way to go. I used a practice exam to prep and got 110 out of 175 done. It took me 8 hrs to muddle through 110 questions/problems and I'm only going to have 4.5 hrs to finish 175 of them next Thursday. I'd do it all again tomorrow but it's my birthday and my team has stuff planned. I was told I couldn't take off. Sweet...but I need to study!

I'm exhausted.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Good Luck on your CPP Exam and Happy Early Birthday!! Whoo hoo. I hope you get spoiled!
  • Mom2annie
    Thank you! @KetoKaHee
  • Mom2annie
    edited March 2017
  • Brendalea69
    Happy Birthday Tomorrow :)
  • leveejohn
    Back on track and getting it done, for the win!!!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Yea no more funk for both of us :) and may it never return lol
  • Mom2annie
    Weekly Weigh-in Results:

tr4baaup70h4.png
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Happy birthday and good luck with your exam :)
  • Brendalea69
    Happy 39th Birthday young thing!!! Great loss last week :) Good luck today o:)
  • leveejohn
    Happy Birthday Young'un!!! You've been putting up excellent numbers for a while, and today's is most excellent . . . nice birthday gift to yourself!