Pizza is ruined!

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    I feel a bit crappy after eating McDonald's burgers now. OK I probably did before but I notice it more now. I still like the fries but it's not worth having too much anymore.

Thank goodness for the chicken sandwich and the Southwest Salad.
  • stit60
    stit60 Posts: 27 Member
    I had less than a slice of pizza the other day. Counted it in as calorie. Still didn't effect my progress---for good or bad. Have been staying between 1000-1200 calories...logging each bite carefully for a week now. No change in pounds or measurements. I'm about to give up but then I really don't crave anything. I don't have much of an appetite which is weird. WHY is my waist still fat? On arms, back and hips too. I can't seem to lose. So sad...
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    The only way you can ruin pizza is by putting pineapple on it.

Yeah, I went there. Bite me.

Yeah...that and BBQ sauce. Then it's no longer pizza.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    stit60 wrote: »
    I had less than a slice of pizza the other day. Counted it in as calorie. Still didn't effect my progress---for good or bad. Have been staying between 1000-1200 calories...logging each bite carefully for a week now. No change in pounds or measurements. I'm about to give up but then I really don't crave anything. I don't have much of an appetite which is weird. WHY is my waist still fat? On arms, back and hips too. I can't seem to lose. So sad...

You just started a week ago, be patient.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Pasta sauce from a jar. Vile.
    So much easier to make a large pot of bolognese and freeze a couple in batches. Even my children won't touch the ready-made stuff anymore and they're not always fans of my home-cooking.

Not vile at all if you try MIDs pasta sauces. Made in Navarre, Ohio (a hour south of me) in small batches.
    This stuff, especially the sausage or meat are excellent.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    rdmitch wrote: »

Yeah...that and BBQ sauce. Then it's no longer pizza.

I'll agree with BBQ - that's just wrong IMO. But I will say, if I randomly have a slice I enjoy it. For whatever reason, the thought of it makes me cringe. haha
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Taco Bell -- my husband and I have not eaten Taco Bell tacos in almost 4 years - fresh homemade tacos are So much better! We were traveling and stopped and got tacos and looked at each other and said, did they always taste like this?! blehhhhhh - they were awful and gave us horrible bellyaches. Used to eat there at least 3-4 times a week back in the day.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Pasta sauce from a jar. Vile.
    So much easier to make a large pot of bolognese and freeze a couple in batches. Even my children won't touch the ready-made stuff anymore and they're not always fans of my home-cooking.

I tend to agree with this. However, in a pinch I like Rao's jarred sauces. They are a little spendy, but good to have on hand from time to time. The ingredients list sold me on them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2017
    stit60 wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure I understand your post. Regardless, did you gain the excess weight in a week? :) You gotta be patient.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Back when the first Ninja Turtles movie came out a local pizza place did a range of themed pizzas. And yup, one with marshmallows on it. Oh Scotland. Now THAT'S how you ruin a pizza.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Little Caesar's isn't worth the calories to me these days; in fact, I can't stand all that BREAD. Pizza with thick crust does NOT appeal to me anymore; the guilt from eating that much bread isn't worth how it tastes to me.

I've always thought Little Caesar's was terrible, but guilt from eating bread seems bad and unnecessary.

Nothing wrong with preferring thin crust (I usually do, although there are a couple of Chicago style places I really enjoy on occasion), but I hope not due to guilt!

I still love pancakes/waffles, although I have them only rarely, but the only sugar they come with is when I make them is from the fruit and maple syrup I use. (I have them rarely because they are a calorie bomb and for me not that filling, and besides I grew up only having a big blowout kind of breakfast every once in a while, so that still works for me.)

VintageFeline mentioned fried chicken and that's something else I barely ever have, but after I did a marathon last year I got chicken and waffles. Felt perfectly virtuous. ;-) That's something I want only rarely, but when I do it's lovely.

Milkshakes aren't my thing, but I have ice cream all the time (love your user name!) -- about 200-250 calories for the amount I like, so not tough to fit in a day.
  • lemurcat12

False... have you seen banana pizza?

n6gxezngsw7f.png

I'm a pineapple on pizza defender, but this is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
  • lemurcat12
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    But seriously. Pineapple, jalapeno, mushrooms, and black olives. Load it up. I'm happy. NOM NOM

I like you.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    I still love pizza. Especially with pineapple, red onions, bacon and banana peppers. Yum.

Fast food on the other hand is just NO. I had not eaten at a fast food place in over a year -- stopped at a Whataburger drive-through on a road trip because it was right off the highway. My stomach hurt SO BAD!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    All the foods I loved/enjoyed when I was 320#, I enjoy/love at 133#.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

n6gxezngsw7f.png

My first thought was WTF?

Then I looked closer and wasn't sure if I was looking at peanuts or mushrooms on it, too.

I'd think a PB base with bananas might be pretty OK. Kinda like a PB/banana sandwich, but hot. Toss some chocolate on that bad boy and you've got a new dessert pizza.

Hmmm... I might try that next week.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »

n6gxezngsw7f.png

My first thought was WTF?

Then I looked closer and wasn't sure if I was looking at peanuts or mushrooms on it, too.

I'd think a PB base with bananas might be pretty OK. Kinda like a PB/banana sandwich, but hot. Toss some chocolate on that bad boy and you've got a new dessert pizza.

Hmmm... I might try that next week.

The potential of what looks like there being tomato sauce on there is throwing me. I'm not mad at dessert pizzas as an idea though.