Pizza is ruined!

Replies

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    I guess I should give making my own pizza (without pineapple, sorry) a try. And load it up with veggies. Y'all have inspired me to try!
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    You just aren't eating the right pizza :smile:
  • uglycrying
    uglycrying Posts: 28 Member
    Good for you, OP. I feel lucky when those kinds of food aversions happen to me, however short-lived they are. I swear I'd be at my goal weight by now if it wasn't for this one local pizza place. It's so good that it's hard not to have it every week. The rest of the pizza places close to me are not as good. I'd probably consider myself barely into pizza if those were my only options.

A lot of my tastes have changed since I started losing weight. I find mashed potatoes kind of bland now, though they still have their place in the pantheon of foods... Same with pasta.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    We stopped eating Pizza Hut long before I lost weight because it was grease city. Dominos tastes like cardboard, so that's out too. But I still get pizza almost every Friday, be it Papa Johns or one of the local chains. I just order a smaller pizza and spread it out over dinner and lunch on Saturday.

But tonight is takeout from the sports bar instead. Pizza can wait.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,084 Member
    No change to not liking foods I liked before, but change in that there are foods I didn't like before that I like much more now like sushi and veggies. I still enjoy pizza and burgers.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I've never had pizza I didn't like.

Even crappy Chuck E Cheese pizza I'm good with. Can't really go wrong with carbs and melted cheese in my opinion. I'd probably even eat the cauliflower pizza crust thing even though I wouldn't call it pizza.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I can't think of any food I no longer like that I liked before weight loss.

Some pizza is bad tasting, greasy, salty. Not all pizza is like that. Try different pizza that isn't meat lovers. Learn to make your own.
    I often make pizza at home and it is tastier than most chain restaurants.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    No foods have been ruined for me as I still eat the same foods and have lost weight. Shock horror.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    stit60 wrote: »
    I had less than a slice of pizza the other day. Counted it in as calorie. Still didn't effect my progress---for good or bad. Have been staying between 1000-1200 calories...logging each bite carefully for a week now. No change in pounds or measurements. I'm about to give up but then I really don't crave anything. I don't have much of an appetite which is weird. WHY is my waist still fat? On arms, back and hips too. I can't seem to lose. So sad...

Well, if the pizza had pineapple on it your body is probably still mad at you and refusing to let go of the fat.

(And yes, I'm kidding)
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Pasta sauce from a jar. Vile.
    So much easier to make a large pot of bolognese and freeze a couple in batches. Even my children won't touch the ready-made stuff anymore and they're not always fans of my home-cooking.

Not vile at all if you try MIDs pasta sauces. Made in Navarre, Ohio (a hour south of me) in small batches.
    This stuff, especially the sausage or meat are excellent.

I thought I was the ONLY one who knew how amazing Mids sauces are. I am from Canton and Mid's used to have a restaurant when I was a girl. What a treat to go there for dinner. Now I don't live in Canton, but my sister sends me Mid's when she can and I practically scrape the jar clean to ensure that I get every drop! Yum!

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    I never knew having pineapple on your pizza was so odd. I thought everyone loved it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I guess I should give making my own pizza (without pineapple, sorry) a try. And load it up with veggies. Y'all have inspired me to try!

Yes! You control the crust, the fat content (some doughs are hi fat) and the thickness. Turkey pepperoni is my favorite (70% less fat) not swimming in grease but still has a nice Italian kick.

A pizza stone is a great investment if you make pizza alot. You preheat the stone, that way the crust gets nice and crispy on the bottom.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    I never knew having pineapple on your pizza was so odd. I thought everyone loved it!

Only the cool people love pineapple on their pizza. :)

gmyv960gxcdd.jpg

So cute!

Chicken pizza with teriyaki sauce and pineapple - yum!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    OP, I have an 8" cast iron skillet that a flour tortilla fits perfectly. Your favorite sauce, pepperoni or whatever some mozzarella, put it in the oven and BAM! I make one that is kinda plain, sauce, pepperoni and cheese, it is a nice portion to satisfy and its 400 calories. I make mine with the regular run of the mill tortilla that is 140 calories on its own. You can get a lower calorie tortilla and 2% cheese and it could be as little as 300. Good stuff!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    brittyn3 wrote: »

I love it, but it also has to have a spicy topping to offset the sweet...I usually do NM green chiles...sometimes jalapenos.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    jill5280 wrote: »
    So much easier to make a large pot of bolognese and freeze a couple in batches. Even my children won't touch the ready-made stuff anymore and they're not always fans of my home-cooking.

Not vile at all if you try MIDs pasta sauces. Made in Navarre, Ohio (a hour south of me) in small batches.

I thought I was the ONLY one who knew how amazing Mids sauces are. I am from Canton and Mid's used to have a restaurant when I was a girl. What a treat to go there for dinner. Now I don't live in Canton, but my sister sends me Mid's when she can and I practically scrape the jar clean to ensure that I get every drop! Yum!

It's available in most Walmart these days. One of our guys at work turned me on to it and I have been hooked
    ever since, it's as close to my home made as there is.
    If you ever need it I am pleased to send some your way.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2017
    A nice, cold Coca-Cola. I never drank a lot of soda. Usually one a day with lunch, but quit drinking them about 7 or 8 years ago. I remember a few months after I quit - it was my birthday - I ordered a pizza for dinner and asked for a bottle of coke. Not much beats a nice, cold, refreshing coke. And then it hit my lips and I was disgusted. I'm gonna be honest, I'm still kinda sad about it. Don't need it, obviously, but it was such a simple joy back in the day and I miss that feeling. LOL

That's what happened to me. I gave up soda for about six weeks, and my first taste of Coke at the end of that time was absolutely disgusting. Haven't touched the stuff since.

I don't regret it though. Coke doesn't taste the same since the New Coke debacle anyway.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    jill5280 wrote: »

I live outside of Dayton and they're sold down here
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    One of my favorite pizzas is the Ultimate Bertuccis from Bertuccis (duh). Each quarter of it has a different meat. Yum. Ends up being three meals worth of food.