Pizza is ruined!

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited March 2017
    rdmitch wrote: »
    The only way you can ruin pizza is by putting pineapple on it.

Yeah, I went there. Bite me.

Yeah...that and BBQ sauce. Then it's no longer pizza.

people put ranch dressing on it around here. what i mean by that is, it's an option. not an option anyone normal would choose, obviously.

where are my anchovy people? if there's enough of us we can start a war with the pineapple folks.
    TeaBea wrote: »
    A pizza stone is a great investment if you make pizza alot. You preheat the stone, that way the crust gets nice and crispy on the bottom.

if i'm feeling fancy my version of that is to use my little cast-iron frying pan. start the dough off in that on high heat, and then transfer the whole thing to the oven to finish off. if i get the water content of the dough right it does this great giant-bubbles thing, with just the right amount of char on the bottom . . .

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't put cheese save for sprinkling of parm on my pizza these days (and/or some well aged asiago). Hold over from my days being "sequestered" at an SDA university. Discovered I don't miss it AND the kids will eat it that way, too.

Jalapenos and cumin on mine, please. Or mushroom, spinach. Real bacon bits add a lot of flavor and not that much calories (maybe 50 total).

But yeah I can no longer tolerate foods that convey high concentrations of fat and/or sugar-- unless it's chocolate and even then it can't be milk.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Only food ruined for me isnt from dieting.

My son was born last year 15 weeks early and tube fed breast milk, abidec and due to silent reflux gaviscon.

Often after he would smell oddly like quavers. Yep boob juice, stomach acid, gaviscon and the evil abidec mixed together and raised up to the edge of the mouth smells just like quavers

Cant even look at a pack any more
  • BlackCoffeeBabe
    BlackCoffeeBabe Posts: 20 Member
    Fish and chips! That batter is soooo greasy. I'm vegan now which doesn't help with the gross factor of the fish, but I still can't eat battered things from the fish and chip shop even if they are vegan. Blergh!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    rdmitch wrote: »
    The only way you can ruin pizza is by putting pineapple on it.

Yeah, I went there. Bite me.

Yeah...that and BBQ sauce. Then it's no longer pizza.

people put ranch dressing on it around here. what i mean by that is, it's an option. not an option anyone normal would choose, obviously.

where are my anchovy people? if there's enough of us we can start a war with the pineapple folks.
    TeaBea wrote: »
    A pizza stone is a great investment if you make pizza alot. You preheat the stone, that way the crust gets nice and crispy on the bottom.

if i'm feeling fancy my version of that is to use my little cast-iron frying pan. start the dough off in that on high heat, and then transfer the whole thing to the oven to finish off. if i get the water content of the dough right it does this great giant-bubbles thing, with just the right amount of char on the bottom . . .

Anchovies all day every day. I'm not fond of very salty food but things that are concentrated savoury salty are delicious.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    I had my first meat lover's pizza in a while last night. Blech. I can't believe I used to crave this stuff. It was so salty. And greasy.

It's amazing what changing my eating habits at the beginning of the year has done. My taste buds are much pickier now. Pizza is no longer a comfort food. :o

And in the end, I guess that's a good thing.

Has anybody else had a favorite food change for them?

I had my fav stir fry lastnight and it tasted so salty want enjoyable at all. I really taste the salt in anything packages now it is almost inedible.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Only food ruined for me isnt from dieting.

My son was born last year 15 weeks early and tube fed breast milk, abidec and due to silent reflux gaviscon.

Often after he would smell oddly like quavers. Yep boob juice, stomach acid, gaviscon and the evil abidec mixed together and raised up to the edge of the mouth smells just like quavers

Cant even look at a pack any more

My wife and I had something like this happen with dates. We're pretty sure we got bad food poisoning from some dates from a highway stop in SoCal, and to this day, almost 20 years later, neither of us can stomach them.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    I've always had a problem with greasy pizza. What surprises me is that I've completely lost my taste for asparagus, brussels sprouts, and cantaloupe. I used to love those things, now can't stand them. I don't know why.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    In short: cheap donuts, they just taste like oil to me, not worth it for the calories. Also shop bought cheese cake, way too high in calories compared to its taste.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I cut out most sugars except for some fruits, vegetables, and honey. I used to love sweet coffee drinks. Last year I tried drinking a vanilla latte...way too sweet and gross. I hate wasting edible stuff, but I had no choice but to throw it away after a few sips. I don't miss sweet stuff in general, so it's all good.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I don't miss sweet stuff in general, so it's all good.

I had a total hysterectomy back in August. Right after surgery, I found that sweet stuff turned my stomach. The sick feeling has gone away, but I never gained my sweet tooth back. Not complaining.
  • RespiratoryScot
    RespiratoryScot Posts: 32 Member
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    Good pizza and great wine together is still my version of heaven. But crappy Pizza Hut pizza...not even worth it now. I can't think of anything that's actually ruined for me - just things that are no longer worth the effort.

I think that's it! Every bite is so valuable now that if I'm going to indulge is something that is calorie dense, I want the kind of quality where every bite is appreciated. Why settle for Pizza Hut - its wasted calories verses seeking out something awesome
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Not Pizza. Pizza can't be ruined for me...but I haven't really changed my eating habits as in what I eat...but I HAVE changed how much I eat.

Instead of four slices of pizza and gorging myself until I burst, I eat two slices and fill up with high volume, low calorie veggies for the rest of the meal.

Or instead of the entire bag of chips, I weigh out a portion, put it into a small dish, and eat it slowly.

I totally agree with this perspective. During my weight-loss Journey which I lost 80 pounds and have been maintaining for the past eight months I've still had Wendy's hamburgers Pizza and beers on the beach. If I had to give those up I would have never succeeded. It's just a matter of moderation and eating with in your caloric goals.
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    The thing that truly shocked me calorie-wise that I completely avoid now is Tim Hortons timbits. They're so light and fluffy, it didn't seem like a bad snack. To find out they are 60-80 calories EACH, and I used to eat a 10 pack myself as a snack between meals - I was floored.

Ugh yes. I decided that after 5 weeks I was going to reward myself with 1. It so was not even worth it. Definitely not as satisfying anymore.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Sometimes desserts taste way too sweet for me, that's all so far. But I'm only starting out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I'm very picky about my pizza now too!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Most fast food just smells awful to me, which leaves me with no desire to eat it, but it has for a long time - well before I found MFP and changed my way of eating. It used to make me feel vile and nauseous when I did eat it, so no loss there. Also, any kind of pre-packaged cookies, pastries, cakes - just gross. I'll make my own, thx.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    3316070989_5803d77fc0.jpg

The best!!!!

Is that in Colorado?

New Mexico...

giphy.gif
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    No food is ruined for me but there are foods that I cut out because they don't taste good to me to start with, but I have never experienced something I liked suddenly become "gross" unless it spoils. I can go months without pizza and then enjoy it just the same. I rarely eat fast food and it smells and tastes alright when I do have it. I know for a fact and from experience that come Holy Saturday evening I will enjoy chocolate and cookies again after a 49 day hiatus just fine, along with a very indulgent meal, without consequences.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    I just have to chime in a say that I am not a picky eater at all, I love most things. I love pineapple and I LOVE pizza, but pineapple on my pizza? GROSS :) Whenever anyone asks me what I want in my pizza, I always say anything but pineapple.