True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    People who have your attitude will be way more successful overall than people who let food/calories control them
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    I confess that I don't get the obsession with calories around here. On a normal day to day basis, yes, stick to your cals and log. But if it's your birthday, a special occasion, a holiday. Eat the *kitten* cake and don't worry about logging it! If you go to the movies eat the *kitten* popcorn and don't worry about it! One snack or meal here and there is not going to derail anyones weight loss journey. Maybe I should have posted this in the pet peeves thread.

Yes!!!!

I am really not trying to offend anyone, but my god, it bugs the *kitten* out of me reading those posts! lol I also have to say, if I'm getting a large mocha coffee at McDonalds with whipped cream, why in the hell would I want low fat? I couldn't believe they asked me whether I wanted full or low fat. It's a tablespoon of whipped cream for Gods sake! I only get it once a week. I say live large and go for the full fat! :D

I always get whipped cream on my "skinny" non-fat mocha.

Also, I didn't like the movie E.T. Thought it was boring when I first saw it as a kid. Watched it again years later and still was not impressed. I do <3 Drew Barrymore though.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I confess that I don't get the obsession with calories around here. On a normal day to day basis, yes, stick to your cals and log. But if it's your birthday, a special occasion, a holiday. Eat the *kitten* cake and don't worry about logging it! If you go to the movies eat the *kitten* popcorn and don't worry about it! One snack or meal here and there is not going to derail anyones weight loss journey. Maybe I should have posted this in the pet peeves thread.

Yes!!!!

I am really not trying to offend anyone, but my god, it bugs the *kitten* out of me reading those posts! lol I also have to say, if I'm getting a large mocha coffee at McDonalds with whipped cream, why in the hell would I want low fat? I couldn't believe they asked me whether I wanted full or low fat. It's a tablespoon of whipped cream for Gods sake! I only get it once a week. I say live large and go for the full fat! :D

ok I'd go low fat and no whip but it's because the fat in cream upsets my stomach often and I'm just conditioned to pass the whipped topping. But I'd order a big mac meal at McDs
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member

Yes!!!!

Plus people that, rely upon especially; no fat & somewhat low fat items don't realize that, the lack of flavor via fat's typically compensated with; sugar and/or salt! Also a lack of fat leads to hunger which, causes over consumption upon 2 or more of the no/low fat items instead; of just consuming the 1 full fat item! These people tend to, either weigh the; same or worse gain! I'd bet that, the 1's whom gain weight binge more on; the no fat items!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I wish I could get to that mental place where I don't have to obsess about calories on special occasions because a cheat meal leads to a cheat day leads to a cheat week and so on until I've gained back 10 pounds. It's something I'm learning slowly but surely. One day I'll have a normal, healthy relationship with food. Until then, I obsess a little.

See it's not wanting to offend nice people like you that makes me not usually say anything. I honestly don't mean any offense to anyone. I also completely understand. I hope you get to the place where you don't have to worry about a cheat meal/day.

I promise I wasn't offended. I get a little peeved by the over dramatic presentation sometimes, too.
  • synchkat

Yes!!!!

ok I'd go low fat and no whip but it's because the fat in cream upsets my stomach often and I'm just conditioned to pass the whipped topping. But I'd order a big mac meal at McDs

Yes, that is different. I was just surprised that they ask if you want full or low fat. I never even think about low fat when getting something indulgent like whipped cream.

Yes!!!!

Plus people that, rely upon especially; no fat & somewhat low fat items don't realize that, the lack of flavor via fat's typically compensated with; sugar and/or salt! Also a lack of fat leads to hunger which, causes over consumption upon 2 or more of the no/low fat items instead; of just consuming the 1 full fat item! These people tend to, either weigh the; same or worse gain! I'd bet that, the 1's whom gain weight binge more on; the no fat items!

Ugh. Don't even get me started on the no/low fat thing or artificial sweeteners.

I confess that I am clearly irritable today. :D Look out world. lol

I like irritable you

I also get everything half sweet. I like sweet things. but I like things to taste as they shiukd.
  • FeraFilia
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I mostly agree, but everyone is different. For some people one thing leads to a binge. Haven't you ever heard anyone say things like "Well, I ruined my day with the cake so I might as well have the ice cream... and the soda, and the pizza, and the cookies, and....." The binge is a real problem for some and that one piece of cake could be like tge gateway drug. Lol

I understand that. I really do. I have had those moments just like everyone else. It just gets irritating reading people say "it's my birthday, I don't know if I should have cake and should I log it?" kind of thing. I just want to say it's your birthday, eat the *kitten* cake! You only live once! lol I also did not take your post as a backlash. I always like your posts and respect your opinions. :)

I have learned that everything in moderation is best anyway. Eat one cookie if you want it and then you won't lose your mind after weeks of deprivation and eat the whole flipping package

This is why I do my best to plan for treats. Nights out like last night mean banking a couple hundred calories from the couple days before and a really good workout in the morning to make sure I don't go too far over my weekly average. I can't do "no bad things ever!" Because I'd snap and eat all the bad things in one sitting. I logged a binge like that once. It was over 7000 calories. If I plan for a little treat, or even a big splurge, I can tell myself it's not an off plan thing and keep plugging along. Sounds crazy, but it's worked for me so far. :)
  • FeraFilia
    Sometimes I love this place. <3
  • A_MariposaDream
    A_MariposaDream Posts: 4,176 Member
    Life would be easy if I didn't care!
  • Xvapor
    I feel bad for people who struggle with being overweight and food relationship issues. Just from reading ^ the psychological struggles are terrblie and make me feel sad
  • FeraFilia
    I may have just checked to see who all posted on page 484 because I'm curious who @Motorsheen invited to his subconscious party.
  • synchkat
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Last night I had a dream about someone else on this forum.

(and yes, that person is right here, on this thread, on page 484).

We were at a party; that was the entire dream, short and sweet.

In case you were wondering, we were both fully clothed.

....and because I respect this person, I think we should wait until the third dream before pants come off.

Clearly it wasn't me in your dream. Mine were all about curling last night...no parties hahaha
  • A_MariposaDream
    A_MariposaDream Posts: 4,176 Member
    I may have just checked to see who all posted on page 484 because I'm curious who @Motorsheen invited to his subconscious party.

I know right! I want to know
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017

I'd bet that, the other; person's his reflection!
  • synchkat
    Xvapor wrote: »
    I feel bad for people who struggle with being overweight and food relationship issues. Just from reading ^ the psychological struggles are terrblie and make me feel sad

I agree food is such a big part of our lives it must be tough when it's everywhere
  • Xvapor
    It was me!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    It was me!

sorry,homeslice; not you.

... the only dudes allowed in my dreams are Abraham Lincoln and Pee Wee Herman.
  • Xvapor
    Lol
  • synchkat
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    It was me!

sorry,homeslice; not you.

... the only dudes allowed in my dreams are Abraham Lincoln and Pee Wee Herman.

Now that's a dream I'd want to be a part of