logging ahead?

Trying something new today... I have logged what I plan to eat to be able to be sure I have enough calories to do it. I logged my exercise that I plan on doing right before lunch to be sure I was on the right track. I will change anything that goes differently. Has anyone had experience with this?

Replies

• MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    bump...curious to see what others have to say :smile:
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    I almost always fill out my food diary as soon as I get up in the morning. It keeps me on track and helps me say 'no' to extra snacks that will put me over my calorie limit. I don't add my exercises until I actually do them, though. Keeps me honest. :glasses:
  • i log ahead if i know i'm going out for a meal or having something extra to eat in the evening (e.g. cake =]) so then i know how much i have for the rest of the day
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Whenever I log what I'm having for dinner ahead of time, our plans always seems to change! But I generally aim for 250 for breakfast and 340 for lunch, so that I can have around 600 leftover for dinner. I don't necessarily log ahead of time, but I do tend to eat the same few meals over and over again to simplify my calorie counting.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    I pre-log everything except for dinner since I don't always know what I am going to have. I bring my lunch and snacks to work so I log those in the morning and adjust as the day goes on. Works great for me!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    I log ahead almost everyday. It really helps me stay on track and avoid impulse eating. I even log my snacks ahead of time :blushing:
  • I try to log everything in the morning so that I know where I am headed. I pre-package breakfast, snacks, and lunch the night before so these are usually spot in when I log in the morning and that lets me play with recipes during the day that I would like for dinner so I know exactely what is going on. I do add on anything extra I put in my mouth but generally that doesn't happen if I have planned and logged properly. I also log my saturday idea's on friday because I have bad internet access at home and Saturday is usually a party day so if I log upfront I know what to eat in order to fit in my copious amounts of wine :-) I only hit the "complete this entry" button the next day though so it usually does not show up in my news feed but at least I know everything has been logged and accounted for.
  • walkingshoes
    walkingshoes Posts: 33 Member
    Jan, I like your verse by your name. It goes along with this question!!! I need a hope and a future in this weightloss adventure also. :-)
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    I always fill out Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks first thing...and supper if i know what were having, but most the time I have no idea until I get home
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    I almost always fill out my food diary as soon as I get up in the morning. It keeps me on track and helps me say 'no' to extra snacks that will put me over my calorie limit. I don't add my exercises until I actually do them, though. Keeps me honest. :glasses:

I do the same! I find it easier to stay away from junk food for this reason.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I do everything in the morning while I eat breakfast at my desk. Perk of being childless and single I don't have other people to worry about. I always stick to my plan but I don't submit it until I go to bed, I often think I can eat more than I can in reality, this is a new problem. And it is one I'm quite pleased with.
  • walkingshoes
    walkingshoes Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for the feedback and I will keep reading incase anyone adds more. Since it seemed like a good idea and so many of you are having success with it, I think I will give it a shot and see how it works for me. It feels good to have it done for the day. Now to go live it. And yes, I will stay honest and make any changes.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    I try to this too. It seems to help keep me on track and more accountable for what I eat. I hope it works for you!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    I don't usually log full days, but I often enter my meals before I eat them. It gives me time to decide if what I'm thinking about eating is actually worth it. Sometimes I log exercise before I do it too, because then I feel like I documented it so I *have* to do it. I don't want to have to go back and change it once it's "written" down!
  • ajburroughs
    ajburroughs Posts: 16 Member
    I do it sometimes too. Sometimes just because I have a few minutes to spare to do it and know I won't later and sometimes just to see which choice I should make. Or just how much I could eat :)