Your Daily Beverages

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Yes indeed! ACV in grape juice with evening meal.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    leveejohn wrote: »
    Yes indeed! ACV in grape juice with evening meal.

I bet that tastes way better than plain ol' water! Sounds yummy!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    In case anyone is interested, this is a link to a site telling you all about CHAGA...
    http://urbol.com/chaga-mushroom/
  • KetoKaHee
    In case anyone is interested, this is a link to a site telling you all about CHAGA...

Wow! There are so many benefits to chaga. Thank you for sharing! So cool!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    KetoKaHee wrote: »

Wow! There are so many benefits to chaga. Thank you for sharing! So cool!

You're welcome :)
  • leveejohn
    https://youtu.be/0XxsasUHzaQ

The theme song for my OMAD bevs...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Joe's got a video on ACV I believe. I used to take it a lot but have gotten out of the habit. I would mix 2tbs with about 6tbs of tart cherry juice and chase all that down with a glass of water. Don't breath through the nose during all this if you don't like vinegar (can't taste it that way). Others have their favorite thing to mix it with.
  • AZIZAELLAZIZA
    AZIZAELLAZIZA Posts: 68 Member
    Ok Ok, I admit it. I am a water snob. I am in love with European mineral water and buy them by the case ( Walmart is the cheapest source - but they don't have everything ). I drink litre after litre of Evian, Volvic, Jana, etc, mainly France, Italy, Croatia and Iceland.

I figure I don't smoke, drink, do drugs and am not a party girl, so I splurge on the good stuff.
  • KetoKaHee
    I'm being fancy today and enjoying this sparkling water!
    w9pywtfsql0b.jpg
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Whew! Coffee is OK. I've been avoiding this thread because I thought someone was going to tell me to give up my coffee! Ain't on.

So I drink quite a lot of coffee - 2-4 cups, depending on whether we make a second pot for the day. I drink it black. Water. A lot of water if I'm out to eat. Pitchers full. Not so much at home.

We have shelves full of black and green teas. I think puerh is my favorite. Drink herbal tea in the evening, Sleepytime is my current favorite.

As for that apple cider vinegar bandwagon - I'm waiting this one out. Sounds awful.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    @leveejohn Oh I did enjoy that Java Jive! Smooth jazz.
  • leveejohn
    amflautist wrote: »
    As for that apple cider vinegar bandwagon - I'm waiting this one out. Sounds awful.
    Try 2 tbs ACV in fruit juice (I like grape), with 1tsp honey. ACV has a lot of weight loss benefits.
  • KetoKaHee
    At first I thought ACV was nasty...now I look forward to it!
  • blambo61
    I just a had a thought on acv. I despise the stuff but I love dill pickle juice! I can drink dill pickle juice from the jar and I like it. I think it is the salt/vinegar combination that works for me. This is how I will get my vinegar in! I found a great recipe for making fridgerator pickles that only takes a few ingredients and is easy to make. I've made them using acv instead of white vinegar and they turned out great. I like to add red pepper flakes and garlic and make them spicy.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2014/07/easiest-fridge-dill-pickles/

• leveejohn
    Let us know! I'm taking ACV "with the mother" as advised, but I wonder how much that really matters over any regular ACV . . . is it the acetic acid that does the trick, or all the extra goodies that make it cloudy? I'm thinking the former, but don't really want to waste some time finding out, so I'm using Braggs or equivalent.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2017
    Black coffee (axed creamer yesterday), water, water, and more water, Chai Tea, Green tea with spearmint and lemongrass. I will add more to my tea arsenal as I go.

So much information about OMAD... I'm curious, what exactly is the ACV for?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Black coffee (axed creamer yesterday), water, water, and more water, Chai Tea, Green tea with spearmint and lemongrass. I will add more to my tea arsenal as I go.

It directly speeds up weight loss, reduces cholesterol, improves digestion, and lowers insulin levels.
  • wsandy8512

It directly speeds up weight loss, reduces cholesterol, improves digestion, and lowers insulin levels.

Thank you :-)

• blambo61
    edited April 2017

And helps with gout!
  • wsandy8512
    Anyone have any good coffee recommendations for someone who went from flavored creamers to black? I miss my creamer, but I am not craving it, I just simply miss actually enjoying a good cup. I have Folgers Classic Roast, it's tolerable and does the trick, but a bit bitter for my liking.