Pizza is ruined!

123457»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    rdmitch wrote: »
    The only way you can ruin pizza is by putting pineapple on it.

Yeah, I went there. Bite me.

Yeah...that and BBQ sauce. Then it's no longer pizza.

people put ranch dressing on it around here. what i mean by that is, it's an option. not an option anyone normal would choose, obviously.

where are my anchovy people? if there's enough of us we can start a war with the pineapple folks.
    TeaBea wrote: »
    A pizza stone is a great investment if you make pizza alot. You preheat the stone, that way the crust gets nice and crispy on the bottom.

if i'm feeling fancy my version of that is to use my little cast-iron frying pan. start the dough off in that on high heat, and then transfer the whole thing to the oven to finish off. if i get the water content of the dough right it does this great giant-bubbles thing, with just the right amount of char on the bottom . . .

Anchovies checking in.

Problem is, I'm a pineapple pizza person as well. It just can't be on the same pizza as the anchovies :tongue:

Oh, and DoubleDave's pepperoni pizza rolls dipped in ranch dressing during college study all-nighters were perfect, but not something I'd find tasty anymore.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    jill5280 wrote: »
    Pasta sauce from a jar. Vile.
    So much easier to make a large pot of bolognese and freeze a couple in batches. Even my children won't touch the ready-made stuff anymore and they're not always fans of my home-cooking.

Not vile at all if you try MIDs pasta sauces. Made in Navarre, Ohio (a hour south of me) in small batches.
    This stuff, especially the sausage or meat are excellent.

I thought I was the ONLY one who knew how amazing Mids sauces are. I am from Canton and Mid's used to have a restaurant when I was a girl. What a treat to go there for dinner. Now I don't live in Canton, but my sister sends me Mid's when she can and I practically scrape the jar clean to ensure that I get every drop! Yum!

I live outside of Dayton and they're sold down here

Woot woot! Representing the Miami Valley! (I was born and raised in Englewood!)

I am in Indianapolis area and have seen Mid's sauces here and there. I typically by Rao's, but ya'll have me intrigued. I may need to check it out.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Yeah. I hate most candy bars now and I'm so glad I don't have cravings for them anymore
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    The only way you can ruin pizza is by putting pineapple on it.

Yeah, I went there. Bite me.

Yeah...that and BBQ sauce. Then it's no longer pizza.

people put ranch dressing on it around here. what i mean by that is, it's an option. not an option anyone normal would choose, obviously.

where are my anchovy people? if there's enough of us we can start a war with the pineapple folks.
    TeaBea wrote: »
    A pizza stone is a great investment if you make pizza alot. You preheat the stone, that way the crust gets nice and crispy on the bottom.

if i'm feeling fancy my version of that is to use my little cast-iron frying pan. start the dough off in that on high heat, and then transfer the whole thing to the oven to finish off. if i get the water content of the dough right it does this great giant-bubbles thing, with just the right amount of char on the bottom . . .

Anchovies checking in.

Problem is, I'm a pineapple pizza person as well. It just can't be on the same pizza as the anchovies :tongue:

I'm in agreement here.

Ranch on pizza is weird and awful, IMO, however. I never heard of it before MFP and wish I could have my innocence back! ;-)
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    There is nothing better than a Hawaiian or pepperoni and green olive pizza with a few beers after a hard week.