Horror Film Fans - IT teaser trailer

ZodFit
ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
I know, I know hollywood just regurgitates classic films and drives them in the dirt and especially with horror it's difficult to find original content not packed with cheap jump scares...but this looks down right amazing. Where the horror fans at?

You'll all FLOAT!

Replies

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member

wasn't the first movie made for tv? that means this film probably needed to be made.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Will take my 5 year old niece to see this.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I love horror, although I find a lot of them to be more comedic than scary! I like sci-fi a lot too, ones that are creepy but kinda believable (to me anyways, I have a vivid imagination)
    The It trailer looks great! Thanks for pointing it out!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    It's so hard to find a really good film adaptation of a Stephen King novel. I am honestly looking forward to The Dark Tower more than I am this movie. My oldest daughter is starting to get into horror, so maybe I'll have her read it and go see it with her.
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Never saw the mini-series or read the book. Trailer looked like "Stranger Things".
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    The first movie was made for TV, and while it was great I saw it again a few years ago and it's a bit dated. So I'm not bothered that they are finally making a feature film now. It looks good, I'll have to re-read the book again, been years! Although the one kid looks familiar and I feel like he irritated me in whatever I saw him in...sometimes child actors are like that. But it won't stop me from seeing it, I might even shell out and pay to see it in the theater.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited March 2017
    I LOVE scary movies and I'm a HUGE fan of Stephen King. Loved the trailer!
  • ZodFit
    Will take my 5 year old niece to see this.

Yes haha let the spooky cycle continue
  • ZodFit
    Yeah I'll be giving the book a read through before I see it. I heard individuals say it's closer to the book than the original movie. Can't wait
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Omg that movie scared the *kitten* out of me when I was younger, and I'm sure it'll still do it today. I held my breath the entire time that boy was chasing his boat.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    I want so bad for this movie to be good because I loved the original one and the book but I can't shake the feeling that this one is just gonna be awful because they are gonna manipulate it too much and try to make it so main stream sorta like the remake of Evil Dead.
  • tiffuhnee13
    tiffuhnee13 Posts: 163 Member
    The trailer looked awesome!
  • ZodFit
    I want so bad for this movie to be good because I loved the original one and the book but I can't shake the feeling that this one is just gonna be awful because they are gonna manipulate it too much and try to make it so main stream sorta like the remake of Evil Dead.

I actually enjoyed evil dead! They stayed true to the original. The original director had part in it though. A lot of call backs even the original evil dead car!
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Just saw it, can't wait!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    It was filmed 20 km down the road from me in a little town called Port Hope Ontario!!!!
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member

I actually enjoyed evil dead! They stayed true to the original. The original director had part in it though. A lot of call backs even the original evil dead car!

It really wasn't not that truthful at all. It has the generalized plot, but that was it!

They just tried to shove in way to much modern horror themes the original was lost! they had their minor call backs but for someone who grew up on the movie it did no justice at all!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with horror movies. I do love them because I know something is gonna happen, and my hearts gets racing. But I hate them for the same reason. LOL! And I can't watch them in the theater with friends. I have always watched them at home, usually by myself. The joys of the single life... LOL!!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    The trailer looks amazing. Hopefully the movie lives up to the trailer.