LittleForestOwl's Journal

Replies

• LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    Day 5:

Cravings: I've started craving spinach of all things!

Feelings: Today, I noticed I look slightly different in the mirror and I have that nice floaty feeling again. My mum noticed I'm looking slimmer too. I'm looking forward to weighing in at the weekend. The hunger is dwindling. However, I find it hard when others discuss food, I'm not sure why, but it makes things hard.

Cooking: After my chat with the Nutritionist, I took up part of her advice to make my own almond bread (because we discussed my bread addiction). I made it, thinking it'll taste eggy, but it actually came our great! I was impressed with myself http://allrecipes.com/recipe/246002/almond-flour-bread/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=8 The foods I'm now stocking in my fridge and eating are far more better. I've left behind the processed and packaged foods behind, it's having a positive impact on the whole family.

Weight Loss: Today, I only managed a 16 hour fast. My goal is to do OMAD, but my ultimate goal is to loose weight and be healthy, which I definitely am.

Motivation: My boys are my biggest motivation. Especially when they run off and ask me to join them. I also use Pinterest to help me imagine where I'm heading.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Your determination is an inspiration!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Processed food have lots of sugar and fat in them. Not good usually.
  • LittleForestOwl
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Processed food have lots of sugar and fat in them. Not good usually.

I agree! It's one of the most important things to go.
  • LittleForestOwl
    Day 6:

Water & Liquids: I'm finding it easy to keep on top of my water intake. I don't really get hungry now, but still enjoy a black coffee every morning and every day, before my meal I have Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar as recommended for OMAD and by my Nutritionist.

Feelings: I feel good, full of energy and calm. Again, however, I did have an energy slump after my meal and ended up having an unplanned nap. The good thing, is I know now why this happens and that it'll pass.

Mini Successes: All OMAD today! Yay! I walked up various stairs and ran for the bus, I didn't feel like I was going to collapse and die, I could breath. I'd bought a bigger light jacket last week, because the weather is getting warm and I was getting bigger. But I put it on today and it drowned me. I have another jacket two sizes down, it's sexier, but I can't fit in it as yet, so that's now my new mini goal.

Frosty Situation: The past couple of days, I've been feeling chilly, especially in the evenings and at night. I'm used to this feeling, when I'm experiencing rapid weight loss. I know that week two, my weight loss will settle down to a slower pace and I'll warm (I've done VLCD and Keto in the past). But it's just as well the weather's warming up!
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2017
    Naps are wonderful!!! That's awesome about the jacket. YAY!!! After I lost weight I have been freezing all the time. Hopefully the fasting will rev my metabolism and I will get some warmth back. It really sucks. :smile:
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Interesting, I've tended to feel chilly as well.
  • blambo61
    I think everyone will feel chilly while fasting, your metabolism slows a bit I think. I experience that also.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I've gotten colder easier since losing weight, even before OMAD. It drives my husband crazy, but I have almost 70less lbs of insulation so that's ok with me lol
  • LittleForestOwl
    Thanks @doodlebuggin18 @leveejohn @blambo61 @dajoloehr it's comforting to know it's not just me!
  • LittleForestOwl
    edited April 2017
    Day 7: a busy day, so short entry

Dreams: Again I had vivid dreaming. So now I know for sure that it's OMAD that brings them about.

Calorie Counting: I don't calorie count, but decided to roughly enter my calories in to MFP. My meal came to just over 1000 calories. Which means, even on the days I only managed a 16 hour or so fast, I would still be under 2000 calories and loose weight.
  • LittleForestOwl
    Day 8 today: Weigh Day

Week 1: 5.8lbs gone!
    Start Weight: 289.7lbs
    Current Weight: 283.9lbs
    Goal Weight: 119lbs (loose 170lbs)
    Height: 5'4"
    OMAD Time: midday
    Start Date: Saturay 25th March 2017

Feelings: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yesssssss!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm cold on Fridays and that's because I fast all day and then when l eat on Saturday I'm warm again :)
  • blambo61
    @LittleForestOwl
    Way to go! Good start.
  • leveejohn
    Isn't that something!!! Wonderful start, happy you're with us.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I've also found that I'm nearly always feeling chillier than before I started OMAD.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Day 8 today: Weigh Day

Week 1: 5.8lbs gone!
    Start Weight: 289.7lbs
    Current Weight: 283.9lbs
    Goal Weight: 119lbs (loose 170lbs)
    Height: 5'4"
    OMAD Time: midday
    Start Date: Saturay 25th March 2017

You had an awesome first week!!! :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Woohoo :*
  • leveejohn
    Still doing well?
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Rooting for you @LittleForestOwl - come back!