Kitten was way better than asparagus

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Both "kitten" and "asparagus" are ridiculous. I read a lot on the internet, and participate in a few forums, and I know there are better ways to censor words which may not be appropriate for general audience.

It's only annoying to me because everyone is supposed to be an "adult" 18 y/o anyway. If they haven't heard the Big Seven by 18, they need to get off the internet.

Thanks for your support (I think), but you lost me with "Big Seven". Never heard that reference before.

George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words You Can Never Say On Television. You can say them today, I think. I don't watch broadcast tv anymore.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Both "kitten" and "asparagus" are ridiculous. I read a lot on the internet, and participate in a few forums, and I know there are better ways to censor words which may not be appropriate for general audience.

It's only annoying to me because everyone is supposed to be an "adult" 18 y/o anyway. If they haven't heard the Big Seven by 18, they need to get off the internet.

Thanks for your support (I think), but you lost me with "Big Seven". Never heard that reference before.

George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words You Can Never Say On Television. You can say them today, I think. I don't watch broadcast tv anymore.

Love George Carlin :heart: RIP
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    *kitten* test hahahaha i like kitten
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Love George Carlin :heart: RIP

Agreed!

85398ee5a87f08a34e44be13011754b2.png
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »

85398ee5a87f08a34e44be13011754b2.png

This is conjuring very unpleasant images in my depraved brain :o

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited April 2017
    Prefer kitten since asparagus is actually a useful word -- especially on a DIET forum where people have legit questions about eating *kitten*
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    LOL. Posts deleted. Sensitive souls.

Anyway.
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Prefer kitten since asparagus is actually a useful word -- especially on a DIET forum where people have legit questions about eating *asparagus*

Good point. I haven't eaten *kittens* since I went veggie 25 years ago.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    edited April 2017
    BeauNash wrote: »

Anyway.
    Prefer kitten since asparagus is actually a useful word -- especially on a DIET forum where people have legit questions about eating *asparagus*

My brain automatically tried to substitute a curse word that you haven't eaten in 25 years. Like *kitten* or *kitten*.

ETA: Hey, I didn't know you could say *kitten* on MFP without getting it changed to *asparagus*.

ETA: I could swear the first time I posted this, before editing, it changed s***s to *asparagus*.
  • nutmegoreo
    edited April 2017
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I'm clearly not awake yet. I initially didn't open this thread because I thought you were saying that you had tried kitten and found it tasted better than asparagus. I really didn't want to read about the finer points of meal prepping kitten for supper.

Regardless of what the filth filter swap is, thank you for not consuming kittens. Full grown cats are a different matter. The've outlived their cuteness.

I shall take a nap before trying to forum any further.

:laugh:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Agreed. *kitten* should have stayed an April Fool's joke last year. It causes a lot of confusion. ****** made a lot more sense.

@Alex, after today can we please go back to ******?

I like the confusion, though. Not only is it amusing, but I think it takes the angry newb's rage down a notch.

This. It's also amusing watching someone make post after post trying to correct their intended word and either getting frustrated or laughing.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member

A reference to George Carlin I believe.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Oh man, I had forgotten about baby sloth! Ah, the good ole days.

I really don't care what word they use, but I can see where using a food could potentially be confusing. Not that I've seen many threads about asparagus :smile:
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited April 2017

I don't know who flagged this as inspiring, but I have to admit that I'm pretty stoked at being such a wordsmith! :laugh:

It's to the point!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I always thought *baby sloth* was something a group of friends started just as a change-up from *kitten*.
  • nutmegoreo
    I always thought *baby sloth* was something a group of friends started just as a change-up from *kitten*.

That was me. I've only seen a couple others use it.

I don't know who flagged this as inspiring, but I have to admit that I'm pretty stoked at being such a wordsmith! :laugh:

It's to the point!

And on point!
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Don't you have to be 18 to use this site?

I don't understand why an occasional expletive is such an issue, anyway.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    BeauNash wrote: »

Anyway.

My brain automatically tried to substitute a curse word that you haven't eaten in 25 years. Like *asparagus* or *kitten*.

ETA: Hey, I didn't know you could say *kitten* on MFP without getting it changed to *asparagus*.

ETA: I could swear the first time I posted this, before editing, it changed s***s to *asparagus*.

You think youre confused, where you typed a**es my browser dutifully returned *smurf* because I use a cute little profanity filter that changes words I don't feel like reading to *smurf*. {you write what you want, I read what i want, its all good} So where it wasn't asparagused, it was smurfed! Of course when it quotes, it doesn't reflect that, so it shows in the quote. I was really confused lol {easy to do, i know}
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Im with the vote that prefers kitten to asparagus! Just doesn't have that roll off the tongue (& rolling on the floor?) funny sound. Besides the practical, people are likely to actually use that word more. of course not me, I hate asparagus =P I thought the kitten thing was so funny I started using it intentionally for emphasis lol