Family support

Ok, so this isn't for motivation for me but my wife and daughter. We are all over weight and my wife was the one who got us really pumped up about losing weight and living better. I jumped on board and have lost almost 20 pounds. I hit the gym 3 days a week and am encouraged by my progress. What I need help with is that as soon as we made this decision my wife and daughter have done nothing to start the process. In fact they have gained weight. Like I said it was my wifes idea. Every time I try to get one of them to go to the gym they always say no or have other plans. I am truly worried about my wife in particular because the talk we had before we started. She said that if she didn't change that she felt she would be dead in 5 years. It scared the *kitten* out of me. I constantly worry about her. I can't bring up the subject because she just gets angry. I don't know what to do. She needs to loose at least a hundred pounds and she is having some emotional issues, stress from work, life etc. Please if anyone has any good advice let me know. I'm at the end of my rope. She does see a therapist every 2 weeks for over a year now and I can't see that it has helped her at all. If anyone out there has experienced this please contact me. I need to know if there is anything I can do. Thanks for reading my post.

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Keepnsoing what you are doing for you. If she wants to lose weight then she will and if not then she won't
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Keepnsoing what you are doing for you. If she wants to lose weight then she will and if not then she won't

Yup this.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    1. Model the healthy actions you are doing. Over time it may rub off.
    2. If you are the cook cook delicious healthy food
    3. The will to stick with it has to come from within.
    4. Go Red Sox!!!!
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    amtyrell wrote: »
    4. Go Red Sox!!!!

First 3 are ok. As for the 4th, It all starts tomorrow.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    mhwitt74 wrote: »
    amtyrell wrote: »
    4. Go Red Sox!!!!

First 3 are ok. As for the 4th, It all starts tomorrow.

And if you aren't the cook, start being the cook.