Small amount of weight to lose?

Anyone with a goal of 10lbs or less? I'm going to be cutting for about the next 12 weeks before I go back up to maintenance. Anyone else with only a little to lose? How long are you planning to cut?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I am still bulking (for another 4 weeks or so) then I will ease into my cut. I actually have no idea how much I need to lose since my goal is more body fat %/ aesthetic based (basically I'll know when I get there type thing!). My guess is maybe 3lbs... so I will probably be done by mid June.
    Were you recomping/maintaining before or just finishing up a bulk?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    I have about 10 or so pounds to lose. However, currently have my weight loss set for about 0.5 lb loss a week. I'm really happy with the definition and changes I'm seeing in my body, so I'm going to keep pushing forward. Hope your program goes well :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'm just starting in earnest this week to cut my winter weight...about 10 Lbs. I'm planning on about 1.5 Lbs per week...so 6-7 weeks.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    I'm on my last 10 lbs or thereabouts. Aiming to lose a pound a week for the next ten weeks. At this point I just want to get the final sprint done!
  • V_Faery
    V_Faery Posts: 26 Member
    10 or so pounds to lose
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am still bulking (for another 4 weeks or so) then I will ease into my cut. I actually have no idea how much I need to lose since my goal is more body fat %/ aesthetic based (basically I'll know when I get there type thing!). My guess is maybe 3lbs... so I will probably be done by mid June.

I'd love to say bulked on purpose but this is just lazy logging and some winter weight. I have a 10lb buffer before I start to feel bad and it's time lol
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Yep, I have about the same amount to lose, although I measure fat %, much like sardelsa.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    I have about 10 or so. I was up to 133, then down to 128, now I'm up at 131, lol. Goal is around 120
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

I'd love to say bulked on purpose but this is just lazy logging and some winter weight. I have a 10lb buffer before I start to feel bad and it's time lol

Hey that's ok you probably built some muscle under there!
  • Hayley442015
    Hayley442015 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey!
    I've got 2lbs left to go and 2% body fat to reduce. I'm getting very close to my beach vacation so it's definitely crunch time. Lol.
  • emajarrett
    emajarrett Posts: 50 Member
    I'm aiming to cut 9ibs, at about 1 lb a week. Any faster and I risk getting too hungry and binge eating, so little and steady best. I recently went on holiday and gained 3lbs in a week so that set me back. I'm aiming to get back to 120lbs although I'd be ok with 123. Hard to lose fat and not muscle with it.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    emajarrett wrote: »
    I'm aiming to cut 9ibs, at about 1 lb a week. Any faster and I risk getting too hungry and binge eating, so little and steady best. I recently went on holiday and gained 3lbs in a week so that set me back. I'm aiming to get back to 120lbs although I'd be ok with 123. Hard to lose fat and not muscle with it.

I know what you mean. I'm thinking of upping my calories and maybe taking a little longer for the same reason.

• Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    5lbs to lose here!
  • Flybeetle
    400g down... I hope I can keep it up!
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    Anyone with a goal of 10lbs or less? I'm going to be cutting for about the next 12 weeks before I go back up to maintenance. Anyone else with only a little to lose? How long are you planning to cut?

I'm down to where I'm trying to lose 10lbs... I'm currently 135 and want to get to 125. I keep thinking I should go to trying .5 pounds a week. 1200 cals a day is killing me. It's just not feasible.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    13 pounds down and 8 to go. Trying not to lose "too fast" to avoid binge eating.
  • Flybeetle
    oneallmama wrote: »

I'm down to where I'm trying to lose 10lbs... I'm currently 135 and want to get to 125. I keep thinking I should go to trying .5 pounds a week. 1200 cals a day is killing me. It's just not feasible.

Good idea! I've actually reduced my loss to 200g a week (which means a 1300calorie allowance) because I actually lose more easily that way than when I'm aiming to lose faster because then I end up slipping up because it's so much harder...