dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
Highest weight: 225lbs.
Starting OMAD Weight: 214lbs.
Current Weight: 206lbs.
Current Goal: 180lbs.
Ultimate Goal: 135lbs.
20:4 start: 3/14/17
OMAD start: 3/17/17

Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing good!

I am now 8 days in with OMAD... I started with 20:4 a few days before but decided OMAD fit my lifestyle more. So far things have been great I havent had too many hunger pangs...closer to my eating time do they really start if I get them at all... I only have coffee and water throughout the day coffee I drink black. I haven't drank any alcohol since starting don't really plan on it either..maybe on cheat days I will have a couple glasses of wine, we'll see though.

First week was a little rough as far as sleep goes but it finally got better and the insomnia is not as bad. Still can be improved but def notice a change and am falling asleep faster and sleeping longer. Yay!

More good news this week-- I haven't had a period in 274 days...well 2 days ago I finally got one!! Idk if its because of the fasting or perhaps the weight loss but getting one has been a relief as I might want kids in the near future and I was losing hope that I lost my periods and having kids naturally may be out of the question..it still might be but getting my period back def alleviates some stress. Never thought I'd be excited to get a period..but I was!

Weight loss has started to slow down, so far in the total of 11 days I have lost 8 lbs. I was weighing myself everyday but now I'm gonna wait till Monday's and I'll update here on my progress etc. I will update on any changes with my body and mind as they come.

I'm pretty excited for this journey. So far its been very easy for me to transition. I eat healthy and stay within my calories. I hope all of those planning on trying it will go and actually try it.. Give it a little while to work its magic and if you do try it and fall off the wagon just get back on and keep with it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Please add me, especially if you are on this journey. Support is the best thing and we can support eachother! I love seeing people's weigh ins and steps they've taken to get where there going.

Till next time... :)

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Hey! Welcome! Really glad you started a thread. We're all active here so do come here for support and motivation !

Congrats on getting your period. Some other OMADers reported the same thing! Maybe its an OMAD thing? :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Hi Danielle!! Welcome to our amazing group. I'm so happy your transition to OMAD is going so well. I'm only on my 3rd week and it has changed my life. Since doing OMAD my cycle has been way more pleasant so hearing that you finally had yours is such great news! It does get easier over time so just stick with it!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to OMAD :)
  • dlobato1989
    Thanks ladies. I def plan to stick with it as this has been the only thing to help me with my weight loss in 3 years. The period is just an added bonus. Hopefully more things improve. Do you know if it helps with depression or anxiety??
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I have a much better mental attitude since I've been on this diet both with the journey and also with the weight loss. I gained much more energy which helps a lot! Keep at it. I think fasting can help repair the body in a lot of ways which it sounds like your experiencing.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    My depression and anxiety has definitely lessened on OMAD. I still have non-situational lows but they tend to last just a few days instead of a few weeks or months.
  • dlobato1989
    Another thing did it take a while for your energy to come to you?? Im falling asleep a little quicker at night usually late but during the day I'm sooo tired and end up going to bed for like 5 hours.... Then im up till late ive tried staying awake and seeing if that would help but night time i just get this burst of energy and in the morning no matter what i do im exhausted... I want energy in the morning not night time lol
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2017
    Your body is still adjusting.

If you have to keep taking naps, then set your alarm and don't nap long. A short nap (an hour max) should reenergize you.

Also, when you have a lot of energy in the evening (or even middle of the night) just go with it. Don't fight it. Get up and get busy. Be productive. Use up the energy. Within a couple weeks at most, you should find yourself back on schedule. As far as the fasting energy highs... it's different for everyone. Watch (or rewatch) Joe's video on the timeline of changes for OMAD.

https://youtu.be/fmbctWCacXg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If I'm in a bad sleep cycle, I force myself to stay awake (no naps) and then I will fall asleep early like I want to. You might need to do that to get on the right schedule. If you drinking a lot of coffee or tea, that could be messing you up also.
  • dlobato1989
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I only drink coffee before 9am.. So I dont think its the coffee... Coffee actually makes me tired :/ lol but I love it.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Welcome aboard!
  • dlobato1989
    My OMAD
    cheat day/water fast experiment:

The 24th I weighed 206 and I felt stalled so I decided on a cheat day..I had my cheat day, well actually it was 2 days on the 28th-29th by the end of the 29th I weighed 209.4 then the 29th at 9pm was the start of my 3 day water fast. At the end of that I weighed 201.6 I resumed eating (another cheat day) April 2nd by the end of April 2nd I weighed 207.3 almost gaining everything back lol however I woke up today weighed myself again and am down to 201.2 so I havent gained anything back I actually continued to lose another .2 lbs. Pretty stoked about that.
    I have resumed eating OMAD since 9pm on the 2nd...

So I think I will continue with that method of water fasting after my cheat days and see if I get the same little push it gave me this time. I will update as well if I continue to lose/gain weight. I have an official weigh in coming up... I was only weighing myself so much this past week to follow and keep records on my progress.

Till next time... <3
  • ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    Hi! Welcome! I'm new, too! I am vegan, so we can be dairy-free friends on here ;-)
    You're gonna do great!
  • dlobato1989
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Welcome to the group. Everyone here is very supporting and motivating. I am a little over a month in and feel great, so just stick with it. Great job so far!!
  • dlobato1989
    Thanks! I def plan on sticking with it. I'm still waiting for my sleep cycle to get on track but hopefully with some time and patience it'll regulate. I hope you're seeing the results you want!
  • dlobato1989
    Hey everyone its been a while since I have updated... Ive been busy first I'm on vacation for a few weeks... I WAS sticking to OMAD really well actually and I love it and plan to continue with it eventually...but on to my next news... I am pregnant! So OMAD will have to wait. I think OMAD played a big part in this pregnancy.. I was trying for like 3 years and nothing then I started OMAD got my period back regular for 2 months and BOOM now I'm pregnant. Pretty crazy! I'm still in shock. I found out like 2 days ago and my husband is in TN and im still in AZ for 2 more weeks... So it sucks I cant be there with him to celebrate. Anyhow figured I'd update everyone. I did get down to 196lbs. So I def made progress... I dont really want or need to gain any weight for this pregnancy so I'm hoping I only gain baby. Well I guess that's all the news I have.

Till next time :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Congratulations!!!!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    edited May 2017
    That's great :smile: congrats!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    That's awesome news! Congratulations :smiley: