show me your ponies!

13»

Replies

• crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    so cute @OMGeeeHorses <3
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    You all have amazingly beautiful horses / ponies!
  • crimsongrey
    Kidostud wrote: »
    You all have amazingly beautiful horses / ponies!

@Kidostud tell us about yours!
  • Kidostud
    Hi, I have no clue how to upload pics to the post! But I've got 3 boys, a 21 year old saddler gelding, a 11 year old Nooitgedaght stallion and a 9 year old Nooitgedaght gelding. I've had the two Nooitgedaght boys since birth as I've had their mom. The saddler boy is retired and I've had him since he was 2 years old. I'm just a happy hacker.
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    @Kidostud Nooitgedaght is a breed Ive not heard of before.
    Hi
  • crimsongrey
    snookb276 wrote: »
    @Kidostud Nooitgedaght is a breed Ive not heard of before.
    Hi
    I hadn't heard of this before either...had to google it :blush: Sounds cool!

• Kidostud
    Hi, yes the Nooitgedaght is one of 4 South African breeds. They are well adjusted to our SA climate and tough terrain, very hardy, extremely versatile and are selected for temperament. They are really awesome horses to work with and has a inbred affinity towards people.
  • tmcoyle
    tmcoyle Posts: 168 Member
    @Kidostud I had to google what the Nooitgedaght breed was too. Do you run endurance events with your horses or what activities do you do?

@OMGeeeHorses your pony is cute, what breeding is it?

@crimsongrey your horses are so energetic, typical geldings who like to play all day long.
  • crimsongrey
    bumping for new members :smile: We'd love to see pics!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    He is not mine, I take lessons on him but here is the pony :) He is 6 and a total love.
  • snookb276
    He's cute. Looks like fun!
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
  • tmcoyle
    edited January 2017
    @losergood2011 what fun things do you do with your horse? He is a cutie!

Here is my 3-year-old projectafmv0ezd2cfl.jpg
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    ebnozc7nb1x4.jpg
    Havi, 7yo OTTB. My dressage pony. It's taken me a year to get his trust and cooperation under saddle. Last few lessons have finally been missing the NO! I don't wanna! attitude. He's still a pain to groom. Literally jumped into the air last night to get away from me trying to remove the mud from his coat.

mb2du1ejkvea.jpg
    PJ, 17yo Painted Saddle Horse. He has a very nice true jog and some kind of lateral intermediate gait (running walk maybe?). I'm working Western Dressage stuff with him. He has surprised everyone (my trainer especially) with how quickly he has picked up the lateral moves. He's bombproof and highly interactive so a favorite with beginner adults.

d78zj57vrb1i.jpg
    Primer, 20yo Paint (solid colored). He decided he didn't want to be a lesson horse anymore so was gifted to me by barn management. He's quiet and sweet. He's decided he likes little kids so we use him for lead line lessons and a few quiet older beginners. He's not fond of beginner adults. I think they lack the confidence he needs in his rider.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    @Here4Ponies OMG your OTTB..... :blush: he's gorgeous!
  • tmcoyle
    @losergood2011 I see you are part of the No Worries Club, so am I!!!!
  • snookb276
    @shadowfax_c11 Nice looking mare.
  • tmcoyle
    @shadowfax_c11 beautiful mare, love her color, she just glistens.