Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    So you just eat eggs????

Egg Fast Diet Menu Plan

Egg Fast Menu Plan

Day One

Breakfast

Coffee or Tea – Black or Bulletproof (1 Tbsp MCT oil or coconut oil + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter)(sugar free sweetener if desired)
    2 – 3 eggs fried or scrambled with 2 Tbsp butter

Snack

1 String Cheese

Lunch

1/2 cup Simple Egg Salad
    1 deli slice cheddar cheese, quartered and microwaved until crisp (approx 30 seconds)

Snack

1 string cheese

Dinner

1 serving Buffalo Omelette

Day 2

Breakfast

Coffee or Tea – Black or Bulletproof (1 Tbsp MCT oil or coconut oil + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter)(sugar free sweetener if desired)

Snack

1 String Cheese

Lunch

1/2 cup Simple Egg Salad
    1 deli slice cheddar cheese, quartered and microwaved until crisp (approx 30 seconds)

Snack

1 string cheese

Dinner

2 (or more) Snickerdoodle Crepes

Day 3

Breakfast

Snack

1 String Cheese

Lunch

1 Cream Cheese Pancake, 1 Tbsp sugar free mayonnaise, 1 deli slice cheddar cheese

Snack

2 Easy Deviled Eggs (4 halves)

Dinner

1 serving Buffalo Omelette

Day 4

Breakfast

Snack

1 String Cheese

Lunch

2 Snickerdoodle Crepes

Snack

Dinner

1 – 2 servings of Salted Caramel Custard

Day 5

Breakfast

Coffee or Tea – Black or Bulletproof (1 Tbsp MCT or coconut oil + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter), (sugar free sweetener if desired)

Snack

Lunch

1 serving Salted Caramel Custard

Snack

1 string cheese

Dinner

1 serving Fettuccini Alfredo

Day 6

Breakfast

Snack

1/2 avocado w/ lite salt and pepper

Lunch

1/2 cup Simple Egg Salad

Snack

Dinner

6 – 8 classic buffalo wings, celery sticks, 2 Tbsp blue cheese dressing

Day 7

Breakfast

Snack

Lunch

1 serving Fettuccini Alfredo

Snack

Dinner

1 serving No Chop Chili
    2 Tbsp sour cream
    1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html
    Wow, that would bind me up until Christmas!

Op, try the 10 vegetable and fruit challenge.

Yeah, me too! I'd much prefer the fruit and veggie challenge, although perhaps not as filling as the egg/fat thing.

I was so filling for me, I had to stop. I had a call into my doctor, I was having pain in my stomach. She put me on a bland, white diet. This fixed it. I have a great doc.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    I'm not going to re-quote it because it's so long. But that sounds more like the "yellow food" diet. You can't throw a blueberry in?
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    mawill08 wrote: »
    You know, how about you do what you want to do. If you want to try it, do it!
    They key is to find something sustainable, if you find egg fasting on weekends is working for you and your goals, then do it.

So you think eating nothing but eggs, butter, oil and cheese for two days out of the week is a good idea and something we should be supportive of?

So, keto ...?

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    "1 deli slice cheddar cheese, quartered and microwaved until crisp"

Wha???

Lots of people like their cheese cooked until crunchy. When we were kids, we threw slices of cheese in the frying pan, flipping in when brown, and man that was one darn yummy snack. I still make it, occasionally. It's similar to products like these...

http://cellowhisps.com/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member

Wha???

Lots of people like their cheese cooked until crunchy. When we were kids, we threw slices of cheese in the frying pan, flipping in when brown, and man that was one darn yummy snack. I still make it, occasionally. It's similar to products like these...

http://cellowhisps.com/

Huh. I've make parmesan crisps in the oven before but have never heard of doing it with cheddar, or in the microwave.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member

Wha???

I would like an explanation here, too, please. My microwave does not produce crispy cheese, even if I choose to quarter it first.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cortelli wrote: »

Wha???

I would like an explanation here, too, please. My microwave does not produce crispy cheese, even if I choose to quarter it first.

Oh I have definitely burned cheese in the microwave as a kid. I had no idea I was onto a plateau breakthrough diet.

That said, I don't know why anyone would want to eat microwave-burned cheese for any reason.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    That would be tough! I couldn't handle the lack of variety and cholesterol.

Try eating whole and balanced? I'm not a nutritionist but it's working for me along with exercise, sleep and water. Simple and yummy.
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks everyone.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2017
    Pretty sure that eating too much protein causes the body to convert the excess into glycogen (marker of diabetes meliatius type 2) and fat and stress your kidneys.
    Don't hate on me if I'm wrong but I'm sure we covered this in bio during uni
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    I'm doing the egg fast since Monday, I am down 7 lbs... Its pretty easy to follow... I haven't cheated once, its the first time in a LONG time I've been able to stick to anything.. I am at the lowest weight I've been since 2009...
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    edited September 2017
    DO what works for you. Oddly I'm running across this conversation now, without planning it i guess I'm also egg fasting! Ran out of time/groceries...etc...life got busy and i was going to a party and was to bring eggs...long story short i made 2 dozen boiled eggs...party cancelled...yesterday i ate 9 eggs and i plan to do that until they are gone..so for like 3 days..no farting or odd smells! LOL