Feeling discouraged, no results from 30 day shred! :-(

This morning I finished day 30 of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've seen some awesome before and after pictures, so I had high hopes. I can't help but be a little disappointed by my results (or lack there of). I really don't see any difference between my before (on a the left), and after (on the right). I was going to continue it for another 15 days (until i go on vacation), but i'm just not sure it's worth it anymore. 1hkfd6a3sols.jpg
Anyone else have similar experiences with the 30 day shred?

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    For starters you look great. That said, are you eating at a calorie deficit? All the 30 Day Shreds in the world won't help you lose weight if you're not. Exercise is always worth it. You must feel better because of it.
  • HealthyWifeStatus
    HealthyWifeStatus Posts: 10 Member
    I've been eating at about 1200 calories/day, and letting that slip a little on the weekends. Maybe that's the issue. And yes, I do feel better when I make a point to exercise, so thanks for reminding me of that!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I've been eating at about 1200 calories/day, and letting that slip a little on the weekends. Maybe that's the issue. And yes, I do feel better when I make a point to exercise, so thanks for reminding me of that!

It's easy to cancel out a deficit over a weekend...

I think you look a little tighter in the mid section though (especially the top of your hips) and have lost a bit of the fat on the outside of your top thigh...
  • veronikamellon
    veronikamellon Posts: 42 Member
    Are you sure you are not eating too little? That might be an issue. Also, your arms definitely look more defined
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    I think you look great! I can definitely see an improvement in your tone, especially in your arms and abdomen. I have been wanting to try 30 Day Shred; as a friend of mine swears by the program. Keep up the good work, it's paying off!
  • HealthyWifeStatus
    I think you look great! I can definitely see an improvement in your tone, especially in your arms and abdomen. I have been wanting to try 30 Day Shred; as a friend of mine swears by the program. Keep up the good work, it's paying off!

Thank you! I love that it's just 3 short circuits, it makes it easier to stick to.
    I just had it my head that I was going to get results as dramatic as the ones I saw when I googled the program, I guess something is better than nothing, thanks for the encouragement!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I see a difference. You look more defined in the after picture
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    I think your med section and arms/chest area look more defined. You look awesome in both pics. Lowering your body fat percentage helps the mid section. (I like food too much lol)
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    You might not see a difference but I and the others who have posted do. Great job! Keep going.
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    You look overall more defined in the after picture. Maybe they aren't the dramatic results you were hoping for, but I think you look smoking. I would for sure continue for the next 15 days, it's only 30 minutes a day. Congrats!!
  • HealthyWifeStatus
    Thank you all so much for the encouragement! I'll pay a little more attention to my calories, and stick with it I suppose (even though I really just want to spend my time watching Netflix and eating pizza :wink: ). It really does help more than you can imagine for strangers to say they see a difference!!
  • I'm on DAY 3 of the 30day shred and I am actually impressed by your results! You abs looked more pronounced and so do your arms. Great job! Keep going! I like that I have this to look forward to.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    There is a subtle difference for sure. I don't think there is much there to shred .. lol.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    I agree with the others. You can definitely see a difference. Nice job. Keep it going!
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Definitely see a difference in the after picture, you mid section is more defined for sure, good job!
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Look at your shoulders, there is a definite difference. That is where I saw it too, although I am much bigger.
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Agree your thighs look smaller and your mid section and arms look more defined. You look awesome! I just finished 30day shred beginner and just started lvl 2 of the original 30day. Did you take measurements? Did you feel like you were pushing yourself the whole workout?
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    There is a subtle difference for sure. I don't think there is much there to shred .. lol.

Ditto enjoy your vacay!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    In addition to what everyone else said, regardless of what commercial claims they make, you can only do so much in 30 days. People who get dramatic results work for years to get the end result. In the fine print of those after pictures is how many cycles of 30 days they did to get there :) If all it took was 30 days, everyone would be walking around looking like a bikini model!
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    You look incredible! Keep going
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!