The PED questions I get

BHFF
BHFF Posts: 421 Member
Let's set the record straight since so many people either comment or write me accusing me of being on steroids so my advice is to others is worthless.
Have I done steroids.... yep! Not ashamed or afraid to admit it.
With that being said, I am not on a cycle nor have I been for almost 2 years now. And I won't go on them again.
The sterotype bothers me only in the fact people assume I know nothing about nutrition, exercise or anything to do with fitness because of my usage. You all couldn't be more wrong.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    Personally I could care less if someone used/has used them to improve their physique. It's pretty obvious they work. I also admire people more for admitting they use/used them rather than like many on the internet who claim they never have, but trained eyes and obvious giveaways would say different.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BHFF
    edited April 2017
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Personally I could care less if someone used/has used them to improve their physique. It's pretty obvious they work. I also admire people more for admitting they use/used them rather than like many on the internet who claim they never have, but trained eyes and obvious giveaways would say different.

My moto is this. If you can't admit you are on them or have taken them, then you shouldn't be doing them. It's really that simple.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    edited April 2017
    BHFF wrote: »

My moto is this. If you can't admit you are on them or have taken them, then you shouldn't be doing them. It's really that simple.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are some people that do HRT because of previous cancer treatments and I don't believe they need to disclose that they are on them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

I wouldn't go that far. There are some people that do HRT because of previous cancer treatments and I don't believe they need to disclose that they are on them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't believe that anyone needs to justify it at all. The only ones who do annoy me are the outright liars. Didn't Phil Heath swear he was natural at some point? *kitten* please. You don't end up looking like a pregnant Belgian Blue without running some serious cycles.
  • BHFF

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't believe that anyone needs to justify it at all. The only ones who do annoy me are the outright liars. Didn't Phil Heath swear he was natural at some point? *kitten* please. You don't end up looking like a pregnant Belgian Blue without running some serious cycles.

None of those can admit doing an illegal drug with all the sponsors paying them
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    People who have an income from claiming natural will of course deny usage.
    There's people who claim TRT dosages and claim natty etc
    FFMI amounts are a good indicator but not set in stone.

There's ways around beating tests with the right information so it's hard.

That's brave of you to admit it. To be pefectly honest there's certain things to look out for such as moon faces and vascularity as well as deltoid development/high receptor areas.

It's a PR thing and nobody wants to admit to use of whatever due to the negative connotations and 'cheating' claims. For a subjective issue such as physique or bodybuilding I personally don't care. I am against people using it in things like powerlifting and taking halotestin for their meets etc.

Good luck. You look good in your pictures. Did you get all your before and after bloodwork done?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I am fairly well read and experienced on the subject but I'm intrigued as to why you have such an issue with supplements, like preworkout, and they claim are so awful for you when the potential side effects and health issues for PED's is far greater.

Obviously I know there are ways to minimise and mitigate the majority but it's an intriguing perspective.
  • BHFF
    IVMay wrote: »
    People who have an income from claiming natural will of course deny usage.
    There's people who claim TRT dosages and claim natty etc
    FFMI amounts are a good indicator but not set in stone.

There's ways around beating tests with the right information so it's hard.

That's brave of you to admit it. To be pefectly honest there's certain things to look out for such as moon faces and vascularity as well as deltoid development/high receptor areas.

It's a PR thing and nobody wants to admit to use of whatever due to the negative connotations and 'cheating' claims. For a subjective issue such as physique or bodybuilding I personally don't care. I am against people using it in things like powerlifting and taking halotestin for their meets etc.

Good luck. You look good in your pictures. Did you get all your before and after bloodwork done?

I appreciate the comment. I agree with you as in people who claim natural then compete in natural shows are pretty much scumbags!
    Always got blood work done but I only did 3 cycles over 7 years. Which is really nothing
  • IVMay
    Well that's nothing. There's people on year round T doses. All sorts.
    I've seen people on Insulin, IGF-1 LR3, IL-15, Mercurial based diuretics, drostanolone, methenolone, 4-chlorodehydromethyltestosterone.

That's without the benzo class to counteract things like Trenbolone etc.

These people are insane but it's their bodies. One of particular note was Dorian Yates in 1993 came back in ridiculous improvement in comparison to 1992 @ the Olympia and all these drug addicts were going on as if the guy had 'cheated' - even though they themselves had *kitten* that moonlighted as pin cushions. LOL The hypocrisy levels of some people...

As you can see I'm not into all of that nonsense although I did used to go gym for personal health reasons and gave up but getting back into health now with bodyweight work and will slowly get healthier again. I've only ever used long term GH for many years now but that's for skin, sleep, fat and age reasons moreso than anything else.
  • IVMay
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Let's set the record straight since so many people either comment or write me accusing me of being on steroids so my advice is to others is worthless.
    Have I done steroids.... yep! Not ashamed or afraid to admit it. I even go into lengthy detail about it on a vid on my YouTube channel.
    With that being said, I am not on a cycle nor have I been for almost 2 years now. And I won't go on them again.
    The sterotype bothers me only in the fact people assume I know nothing about nutrition, exercise or anything to do with fitness because of my usage. You all couldn't be more wrong.

with all due respect. Why are you worried about "chemicals in pre-workouts" but have no problem injected chemicals (PED's) into your body? Don't you think that is a bit odd?

Think he only did 3 cycles he says and this was a long time ago so possibly he would have previously used pre-workouts but wouldn't now?

I only ever tried that Jack3d years ago and that had me going as if I was clubbing at a music festival. Worst. Sleep. Ever. heh
  • BHFF
    IVMay wrote: »
    Have I done steroids.... yep! Not ashamed or afraid to admit it. I even go into lengthy detail about it on a vid on my YouTube channel.

with all due respect. Why are you worried about "chemicals in pre-workouts" but have no problem injected chemicals (PED's) into your body? Don't you think that is a bit odd?

Think he only did 3 cycles he says and this was a long time ago so possibly he would have previously used pre-workouts but wouldn't now?

I only ever tried that Jack3d years ago and that had me going as if I was clubbing at a music festival. Worst. Sleep. Ever. heh

Are you diabetic?
  • BHFF

Yes, I actually find it to be quite odd LOL. I do not and have not done steroids in just about two years. What I need people to try and understand is something called body dysmorphia. It is a real thing and often guys like myself who suffer from this are willing to try anything including steroids to feel normal when they look at themselves.
  • BHFF
    Why'd you bring it up?

Because I have many people who think my pictures are fake first and foremost and secondly because people hint around me being on steroids. So I thought I would set the facts straight so people would stop asking me questions and stop saying I'm fake
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Why'd you bring it up?

Because I have many people who think my pictures are fake first and foremost and secondly because people hint around me being on steroids. So I thought I would set the facts straight so people would stop asking me questions and stop saying I'm fake
    I get "accused" of steroid use occasionally. I LFMAO because they should hang out a hardcore gym and compare me next to the guys who do. The gulf between me and the accuser is larger than between me and an enhanced bodybuilder. Besides, I compete in a tested federation.

Hey look at it this way, at least you are not being accused of synthol use.
  • BHFF
    Why'd you bring it up?

I get "accused" of steroid use occasionally. I LFMAO because they should hang out a hardcore gym and compare me next to the guys who do. The gulf between me and the accuser is larger than between me and an enhanced bodybuilder. Besides, I compete in a tested federation.

Something I would never try to be honest with you. Snythol just seems so fake it to me. It's like putting implants and it's beyond cheating. I do appreciate the fact that even though you are in a tested Federation and you still are not a user. They're always around the tests as you know so it's refreshing to see someone who is actually competing on a fair level.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Why'd you bring it up?

Something I would never try to be honest with you. Snythol just seems so fake it to me. It's like putting implants and it's beyond cheating. I do appreciate the fact that even though you are in a tested Federation and you still are not a user. They're always around the tests as you know so it's refreshing to see someone who is actually competing on a fair level.
    Synthol might be the worst thing since, well, since anything.

I never had really any desire to use steroids when I started my training career 28 years ago.

I was still getting laid. lol
  • BHFF
    Why'd you bring it up?

Synthol might be the worst thing since, well, since anything.

I never had really any desire to use steroids when I started my training career 28 years ago.

I was still getting laid. lol
    LMAO body dismorphia is why I started and yes it's 100 % real as I'm sure you know
  • Seant456
    Seant456 Posts: 70 Member
    Cracks me up when people say oh I could get that big on steroids too... and I'm like no you couldn't!! steroids don't make you big they enhance the environment for better muscle growth i.e. Better protein synthesis inside the muscle fibers... you still gotta put in the work have good genetics eat right train right ext... if that was the case everyone could be a pro bodybuilder... and if ya use them cool if ya don't cool who cares... but it's always the dumb *kitten* that thinks pumping 500mg of some crap he got from a guy at the gym is a smart move, and walks around in a constant roid rage that gives it all a bad name...
This discussion has been closed.