KaHee's Journey of Self-Love & OMAD

123457»

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd be curious about your meals, be sure to keep us updated on how you 0 carbs is working. I'd like to read if not see the kind of the meals you come up with. :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    After your IG, I was waiting to see what happened...welcome back, we missed you!!!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    @dajoloehr Meals are super simple. I'll eat anywhere between 1 pound to 2 pounds of meat. But I don't think I could get through 2 pounds during one meal. I'll be eating mostly different cuts of beef, ribeye, flank steak, filet mignon, with sides of eggs or chicken if I want a little variety. But that is basically it!

At first I felt extremely nauseus and very low energy. But now I feel great and I'm 5 days in!

@Vanguard1 I missed ya too buddy!! My OMAD peeps are like family. I could never leave you guys!!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Glad you're back and I just love your food pics. I will miss them. Such beautiful food, but I understand. :smile:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    @KetoKaHee
    So day before yesterday I ate some eggs and cheese for breakfast (I'm on antibiotics and have to take some in the morning is my excuse!) and then for an early dinner I ate 1/2-lb of steak in a big salad, and later I had a fruit smoothy. Next day gout attack in big toe! I do not seem to be able to handle beef in much quantities whatsoever. This happens about every time I try that. I take allopurinol for gout daily but I still have problems. I think I would die on your diet!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    @blambo61 Every body is different. I can handle meat but can't handle fruit, dairy, gluten or starchy vegetables. So the only thing I am left with is meat ha ha! But I'm adding veggies in now. I figured I'm not going to eat just meat for the rest of my life so I should stop this stupidity.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Got to figure out what you can stick to or else it will never work :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Meat and salad is yummy!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I wish I could, I love meat. Last night I tried to stay low carb and snacked on some cheese. This morning, my left big toe is really gouty and is causing me a lot of problems. It's a major bummer, I can't even eat like a normal person or I get gout. Gout is three-fold issue, you eat stuff that produces a lot of uric acid, your body doesn't excrete it fast enough, and then your immune system goes off on the crystals that are produced when it is too high.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    All meat ... I don't know ... LOL, if I were to choose just one thing it might be fat! Meat fat! However, in order to lose weight, I need to stick to the low-cal salad bar. Good luck on this new journey!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2017
    KaHee I hope everything is ok with you :(
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I loved reading this and I hope you come back and let us know how it's going!