Women and Body Proportions

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I started this all at 225 lbs and at a 40B bra size. At about 185 I hit a 38C. Right now I'm wearing a 36D at 155 lbs and it's probably time to get a smaller size. I got measured and am now a 34DD. My question is, can I ever expect to lose weight from my chest? As far as I can tell, I've lose band sizes but stayed the same...volume. Meaning the cup sizes go up. I still have 25-30 lbs until goal and would really like to end up at less than a DD. I know there's no way to spot reduce or fix this, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if they eventually lost some volume. Thanks!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Nope. Opposite problem here. Not much left. :/
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Sorry I have not been in that position but am a little envious. I go from a 34-36C to a 34B every time I lose. It's usually the first spot that I see fat loss. I don't carry much extra weight in my rib cage area so the band doesn't change much.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    I went from a 34b to a 30d. It sounds ridiculous as I have quite small breasts.

You still have 25-30 lbs to lose so there is a chance that your breast fat will be close to the last to go.

Cheers, h.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited April 2017
    That's interesting that you've sister-sized so consistently. I've definitely lost a little bit of volume. (I wore a 38D/DD for a while after pregnancy--I wore a 34DD for the most part prior to pregnancy--but then gradually moved down to 32DDD and since I've lost a little more weight recently I might need to drop to a 32DD. I'm 9 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight.)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Those are all sister sizes (if you go down a back but your cup stays the same you need to size up the cup if that makes sense?).

So it would seem, at least at this point, your boobs are mostly breast tissue and they weren't somewhere you stored fat.
  • macchiatto
    I went from a 34b to a 30d. It sounds ridiculous as I have quite small breasts.

You still have 25-30 lbs to lose so there is a chance that your breast fat will be close to the last to go.

Cheers, h.

I know what you mean! I had friends who were skeptical that I wear a DDD (I also have a 30G and a 30H in the collection) but at smaller band sizes those cup sizes are not *that* much volume!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    If you lay your current bra over an original, I guarantee you'll see the cup is smaller. I know what they say about sister sizes, but it isn't true, it's an approximation and the error compounds.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    You're still pretty young--depending on genetics and hormones it might be a while... I didn't lose much mass in my chest (smaller band but same relative cup size) until after I was 40 (having been pregnant/breastfed my son during my 30s).
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Eh, a properly fitted 34DD is not really a big size. That's pretty much what I'm wearing. :) I know "DD" or bigger sounds huge, but on a small band size, it's really average. People just wear a lot of very poorly fitted bras.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    I lose band size but not cup size. I will probably end up in a 34/36 D when I'm done.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Nope. Opposite problem here. Not much left. :/

Same here. Mine were the first thing to go. That was the only part of my body I really liked too :(
  • macchiatto
    Somewhat off-topic, sorry. I just have some advice about so-called sister sizes:

Sister sizing is an invention to sell ill-fitting bras. I recommend getting a fitting somewhere fairly traditional, like a tailor bridal shop. Victoria Secret will sell you a bad-fitting bra if they can convince you the closest size they have will work for you--aka your sister size.

After learning how to properly measure for a bra and finding what worked best for me (32DDD) I went to VS to get measured for kicks (since a houseguest wanted to go) and they tried to convince me I was a 36C. Horrible fit! And the salesperson was all like, "Well, I'm trained in this and I do this all day long and I think that looks so much better on you than the 32DDD. I mean, maybe your boyfriend likes that look better so it's up to you but ..."! Band was riding up in the back, center gore wasn't tacking, etc.

I do find I have to sister-size in a few brands though; in ThirdLove, the 32DDD was too tight so I exchanged for a 34DD. Soma's 34DD is more comfortable for me, too.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    How much your cup changes vs band depends on how much is fat vs breast tissue. I have very dense breast tissue so my band changes but not my cups, so I went from a 34DD to a 32DD. When lose the fat around the sides of my rib cage and the armpit area they "look" smaller but they haven't actually changed.

@macchiatto I have ignore the VS sales people because they are clueless. I've been fitting clothing for a living for 13 years and friends that specialize in bra fit and they STILL try to convince us that something that fits terrible is okay.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Every person is different as to where they hold their weight. For example: over a 50 pound range, I drop only one bra size (38A to 36B), but I drop 4-5 pants sizes as my waist goes from 38 inches to 30 inches. So, you might lose weight in your chest or you might not.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I haven't had any significant volume changes...34D to 30F...they pretty much look the same...
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I haven't had any significant volume changes...34D to 30F...they pretty much look the same...
    Is that you in your profile? If so, you're exactly what I mean by a "big" cup size being some pretty normal breasts.

There's just no way to say that without being creepy. Sorry. You look fantastic.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Be thankful- most people have the opposite problem... boobs get smaller not the rest! You're lucky you get to keep yours!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Somewhat off-topic, sorry. I just have some advice about so-called sister sizes:

Sister sizing is an invention to sell ill-fitting bras. I recommend getting a fitting somewhere fairly traditional, like a tailor bridal shop. Victoria Secret will sell you a bad-fitting bra if they can convince you the closest size they have will work for you--aka your sister size.

After learning how to properly measure for a bra and finding what worked best for me (32DDD) I went to VS to get measured for kicks (since a houseguest wanted to go) and they tried to convince me I was a 36C. Horrible fit! And the salesperson was all like, "Well, I'm trained in this and I do this all day long and I think that looks so much better on you than the 32DDD. I mean, maybe your boyfriend likes that look better so it's up to you but ..."! Band was riding up in the back, center gore wasn't tacking, etc.

I do find I have to sister-size in a few brands though; in ThirdLove, the 32DDD was too tight so I exchanged for a 34DD. Soma's 34DD is more comfortable for me, too.

VS is the worst for bra fitting, and their bras run small, too. I go to a bra-fitting boutique on an annual basis, or if I have a big weight shift. I'll say it again--there's something life-changing about a properly fitted bra. (I wear a 32F which isn't easy to find on the rack in most stores...)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    At 202.5 I was a 40B. At 150 I was 34C. After that I started losing more fat in my breasts.