Mariam's OMAD journey

mimichka223
mimichka223 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
My name is Mariam and I am on the OMAD journey in order for me to reach my goal weight. I need friends who are also on the same journey to help motivate each other, add me on fitnesspal at Mimichka_223. I have been struggling with my weight since my childhood years and I have tried dieting as well as exercising but I give up fast. On March 13th, 2017 I started my OMAD journey. Some things are changed in my lifestyle are drinking more water (I don't barely drank water), move more (walk more and make unnecessary walks) as well as calorie count and read the nutritional facts on everything I consumed. Being from an African household I really had to resist temptation and eat alone. Since most of African/soul food are fried or kind of unhealthy it would only throw me off. I don't have a specific time to reach my goal weight but I am look at a year or 18 months.

Starting Weight: 276.8 lbs
Goal Weight: 175 lbs (healthy BMI)
Height: 5'10.5 (I wear my weight well)
OMAD start: 03/13/17

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Welcome Mariam, you will find many people here on the same journey.
    Did you find any weight loss yet since you've been doing OMAD for a few weeks?
  • mimichka223
    mimichka223 Posts: 2 Member
    ➖Week 1 (03/20/17)
    Height: 5'10.5
    Starting weight: 276.8 lbs
    Current weight: 271.2 lbs
    Weight lost: 5.6 lbs
    Goal weight: 175 lbs

➖Week 2 (03/27/17)
    Starting weight: 271.2 lbs
    Current weight: 268 lbs
    Weight lost: 3.2 lbs

➖Week 3 (04/03/17)
    Starting weight: 268 lbs
    Current weight: 263.4 lbs
    Weight lost: 4.6 lbs
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Oh wow, you're off to a great start.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    edited April 2017
    Welcome Mariam. That's an impressive performance. Average 4.5#/wk for 3 weeks! WOW!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited April 2017
    Welcome! Born and raised in Baton Rouge, I grew up on what is considered 'soul food'. You'll find room for favorites like greens, even grits and fried chicken and catfish, or red beans and rice, in moderation. I do. Just be sure to pair these meals with a large green salad, fresh fruit for dessert. Don't forget apple cider vinegar as a supplement.

Corn bread? I love it, but most mixes like Jiffy are so sugary that it's basically cake. It's too much. Try to stay away from sugar and corn syrup as much as possible, but enjoy a fist sized serving of your favorite starchy soul foods.

Eat healthy, eat well, just eat once.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    Welcome! You are off to a great start. I thought @leveejohn advice was excellent!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome to the group! :) You're doing so well!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to OMAD :)
  • andyvedz
    andyvedz Posts: 22 Member
    Great start! Looks like you're really getting into it :smiley:
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Still doing well?
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Wow! You are doing great! I'm also tall. I'm 5'10". I started out at 250 lbs and I've been doing this for a while. Best diet ever! We can do this!!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Way to start off! Wow!

That fat is about to be demolished, girl!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Those are fantastic results!~!! Wow! I'm just a little taller than you, and started in the mid 200's too, but I did not lose anywhere near that well. You are doing a great job.