Does anyone NOT like Halo Top? Can you taste the stevia?

13»

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kavahni wrote: »
    Be cautious about it. Stevia is the last ingredient listed, but erythritol is the third. It is not good stuff. It can cause headaches and gastric distress among other things. The other bad thing about it is that your brain does not register that it has eaten anything, so satiation is never triggered. I was very surprised on the other thread that appeared a few days ago, at how many people said they sat down and ate the entire pint in one sitting or in a very short period. I think this kind of defeats the purpose!

I'm a 'quantity vs quality' person when it comes to ice cream. I don't really do moderation but I'm not really an ice cream snob either so Halo Top is satisfying enough for me.

I don't get the 'satiation' point though. I never meet the satiation point eating ice cream... never. Doesn't matter what it's made of. Probably why I always end up eating a pint at a time, whether it's B&J or Halo Top. At least with Halo Top it will be 300 calories and not 900.

I've never experienced the chalky texture that people are talking about, but again, I let it melt a little, like you're supposed to (the chocolate flavor actually works for my chocolate pudding cravings too).

The truth. I could eat a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's, feel like puking, but still be hungry. It's not nutritious, satisfying food. It's not supposed to make you feel like you've had a good meal. It's a treat. Something tasty. If you can't put the pint back after a few bites, you might as well make sure you're not blowing half your day's calories on it, so long as the product is enjoyable to you.

And so no, I don't think eating the whole pint of Halo Top defeats the purpose when that pint is between like 250 and 350 calories, while B&J's would be that times 4.

Seconded.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    So after reading this I went to the store and found some Halo Top. I got the Birthday Cake flavor and I was amazed, so damn good!

I will say though, I pooped like a mad woman the next morning. Which my BMs are pretty consistent (yes, I monitor my BMs pretty religiously) and I was not prepared for the impact Halo Top had. I also only ate half of the pint. I'm happy I didn't eat the entire thing. But it's totally worth it!