I'm afraid of being stronger than men.

Replies

• FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    I had stronger legs than some guys my age in high school. Not really a big deal. It probably hurt the guy's ego but I wouldn't settle for a lower paying job to satisfy a guy's need to feel superior, why should I hold my physical strength back?
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    walk by them say "excuse me" and make eye contact.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Here's another thought: Men are not automatically stronger or have more muscle mass than women. On AVERAGE a man will have more, but there are lots of individual variation.

So you will be stronger than some men. You are stronger than a bedridden man right now anyway.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    I never try to broaden my mind by reading and learning, and I never raised my hand in class and I never contradict a man or annoy him with facts because being smarter than men might limit my dating pool. ;)

Either you and a guy like each other or you don't. Don't try to be something you're not for the sake of a date, because you'll be lying to both of you.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Obviously. You'd be better off finding your man back on your own site's forums. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    My husband hasn't lifted a weight since he quit college football. I guarantee you that you are not stronger than him. I also guarantee you that there are many, many men out there who are stronger than you. Just move on from the guy you are semi-interested in with no muscle and look around.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2017
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Here's another thought: Men are not automatically stronger or have more muscle mass than women. On AVERAGE a man will have more, but there are lots of individual variation.

So you will be stronger than some men. You are stronger than a bedridden man right now anyway.

That thought is incorrect. Why do you think they have seperate event in competitions? Generally speaking pound for pound when you factor in identical training, a man will have more muscle mass and be stronger.

It has to do with genetics and testosterone. Just like woman can bust out RPE10 set and come back after slight rest and repeat the all-out set not once but several times. While a man doing a RPE10 will be wiped and cannot do more than one set.

We are built different. If you look at the elite female/male athletes, they are genetically built different as well from their gender pool.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Generally speaking pound for pound when you factor in identical training, a man will have more muscle mass and be stronger.

Sure, once you equalize training. But I guarantee some women are stronger than some men. When I met her, my wife could bench 275-300. I couldn't top 100. I could finish 400m at least 20 seconds faster than her, and a 5k 15:00+.

That said, I'm not getting into the OPs issues
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited April 2017
    Then find a man stronger than you who also lifts? Don't be dating weak af novices who can't even bench 135 lbs. Find some athlete, powerlifter or something like that. It's not superficial to want a man who's stronger than you, it's normal for women actually because you want to be protected by a big, strong man. Any woman that wants a weak man is probably a control freak alpha female or dominatrix. Trust me, it's not a bad thing to want something like that. Me for example: nowadays I wouldn't date a fat chick because I'm not into chicks who weigh as much as me or more. Hell I wouldn't even give a fat chick a chance even if she was nice, why should I? I like women who take care of themselves.

Does that make me superficial? Not in my opinion because I'm just not attracted to women who don't take care of themselves. Even if she was in the process of losing weight because I don't wanna wait several months to a whole year to be attracted to someone, I'm not that patient. I even had a discussion with one of my close friends in real life and other guys plenty of times and they agree with me. Now I would date a former fat chick because that shows me she has dedication. If anyone thinks I'm shallow or whatever, idc. I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to and you are attracted to what you're attracted to. Don't let anyone bring you down who says otherwise. Plus I highly doubt you'll give a fat dude a chance unless his game was on point.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    As many have said - you'll probably not be stronger. I'm taking your comment to mean something else, do you mean that you're concerned you won't find someone that is into lifting too? Which I get. I spend a lot of time working out, I would prefer a like minded partner or at least one that understands it. But seriously though, who cares if you are stronger - more power to you.

I bet I could out squat a lot of guys at my gym - but that's because they only do shoulder shrugs in the rack and not squats. hahahahaha - just kidding :smiley:
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Generally speaking pound for pound when you factor in identical training, a man will have more muscle mass and be stronger.

Sure, once you equalize training. But I guarantee some women are stronger than some men. When I met her, my wife could bench 275-300. I couldn't top 100. I could finish 400m at least 20 seconds faster than her, and a 5k 15:00+.

That said, I'm not getting into the OPs issues

That's impressive, is your wife a powerlifter?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    As many have said - you'll probably not be stronger. I'm taking your comment to mean something else, do you mean that you're concerned you won't find someone that is into lifting too? Which I get. I spend a lot of time working out, I would prefer a like minded partner or at least one that understands it. But seriously though, who cares if you are stronger - more power to you.

I bet I could out squat a lot of guys at my gym - but that's because they only do shoulder shrugs in the rack and not squats. hahahahaha - just kidding :smiley:

I was wondering the same...it's important to me that my partner be into fitness because I'm into fitness and commonality is important...but it doesn't really have anything to do with being stronger than or faster than, etc...hell, my wife is a natural endurance athlete and she can smoke my *kitten* with very little training in any kind of endurance event because that just comes naturally to here...I'd smoke her *kitten* in a sprint because that's what naturally comes to me...I have to work very hard at endurance.

But we're both into fitness and fitness activities...dates are often long rides or hikes in the mountains, etc. I couldn't be with someone who wasn't into that stuff I don't think.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Everyone has their personal preferences nothing to worry about. Find men you like and date them. Simple
  • loftus4827
    loftus4827 Posts: 54 Member
    OP seriously, this is not a legitimate concern. Keep lifting
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Did OP ever come back?!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Did OP ever come back?!

I was just going to ask this.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Did OP ever come back?!

No. I'm suspecting that this post was more along the lines of being proud of her achievement of not being in the average bracket.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    crush them with your thighs!

sorry a joke I saw on Pinterest.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    ccsernica wrote: »
    If any man you're attracted to is intimidated by your strength, just club him over the head and drag him back to the cave.

You know. Paleo dating.

That ruined my screen ... coffee sprays all over it now
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    why? Are you on testosterone enhancing supplements?