Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    I thought I posted these yesterday, but since I apparently failed to hit "post", I'll add them now :)

JFT - Monday
    - log everything - Yes!
    - stay within calorie goal - Yes! barely...
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work - Yes... 1/2 of the last bottle made it home but I made sure I drank it right away
    - in bed with screens off at 8:30 - close. 8:34. We'll call it a win.

JFT Tuesday
    - log everything
    - stay within calorie goal
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work
    - in bed with screens off by 9:00 (I haven't had a good nights' sleep in awhile).

Have a great and successful day, everyone!
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Thought some of you might find this funny!

As you all know I've started meditating.
    Only 10 mins every morning
    As I suffer from depression I find it helps me stay a bit more positive in the day.
    ANYWAY!
    I thought the kids running about being generally noisy would ruin it but I thought I'd try it anyway...

The dog farted.

And because it's all deep breathing I full on inhaled that *kitten*!
    I was very nearly sick!

So yeah, if you think you're having a bad day!
    Just remember someone inhaled dog fart this morning.

I have suffered from depression and really bad anxiety. Almost dropped out of nursing school cause of it. I'm on meds and used to go to a therapist. If you ever need to talk about anything.. se

Awh thanks :)
    I'm on highest dose of fluoxetine
    It started as post natal depression and never really got rid of it!
    It's a pain in the *kitten*!

I'm on 40 at the moment... once I got into nursing, broke up with my first bf, etc, I just dug myself into a big hole and felt the world crumbling. Some days I still feel it. But I manage ok most times.
  • mary_clinton6
    Jft tuesdayyyyy:
    Hmm..
    1. No soda until I go to work tonight! Oh boy.
    2. Walk even for 10 mins, stretch, something before work. Don't JUST sleep for 8 hours til I leave, even tho it's tempting.
    3. Stay within calorie limit :) I can do it!
  • mary_clinton6
    dph118 wrote: »
    Monday's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :| Only got in 6
    2. Meet my calorie goal :) I guess it was fine, but I was too far under and got a nastygram from MFP...
    3. Keep carbs under 20 g :smile:
    4. Record everything I eat and drink :smile:
    5. Meet new step goal :s:'( Not even close, too much work to do!
    6. Practice and record presentation :neutral: Did it, but need to do more work on it Tuesday, sigh!
    7. Prep for interviews :smile:
    8. Do something to de-stress! :# No time, went to bed late. Exhausted from a stressful day and bummed about missing so many of my goals!

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Meet my calorie goal
    3. Keep carbs under 20 g
    4. Record everything I eat and drink
    5. Meet new step goal
    6. Finish and submit presentatio
    7. Do something fun!

I did so poorly on my exercise yesterday. I was feeling really frustrated and a bit overwhelmed. Trying to keep a more positive attitude today and already failing at that one!

I feel you might be setting too many goals and then it can be frustrating because you don't achieve them. Maybe set three to five, with a few you know you can achieve. Then build on up! I believe in you and I know you can be positive. It does take a lot some days but each day gets a little better!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    Just for today T 3/11/17 - Back to logging after missing two days. Boy, there was a lot to read and catch up on. Everyone is so supportive of each other, and you truly inspire me!
    1) Be mindful while I eat, take my time and enjoy the food.
    2) 25 flights of stairs and/or walk dog in evening
    3) Make a dent in to-do list at home this evening....Easter is 5 days away, and 9-11 family members are coming from out of town for dinner / day.
    4) Floss...need to start the count over...again
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 no TV

For those of you questioning your list length: I stick with 3 - 5 goals each day (ok sometimes 6) so I can focus on a few things each day. If something (like flossing) ever becomes a habit, I will replace that goal with something else. I try to be semi-specific, to give myself a little wiggle room during the day. :wink:

@mary_clinton6 I used to hate to cook but eventually came to enjoy it. I stick to "easy" recipes since I still hate to putz in the kitchen. One of the books in my kitchen that I love is "Cooking for Dummies" (it was actually on my Christmas wish list years ago).
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Monday's goals:
    2. Meet my calorie goal :) I guess it was fine, but I was too far under and got a nastygram from MFP...
    6. Practice and record presentation :neutral: Did it, but need to do more work on it Tuesday, sigh!
    8. Do something to de-stress! :# No time, went to bed late. Exhausted from a stressful day and bummed about missing so many of my goals!

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Meet my calorie goal
    3. Keep carbs under 20 g
    4. Record everything I eat and drink
    5. Meet new step goal
    6. Finish and submit presentatio
    7. Do something fun!

I did so poorly on my exercise yesterday. I was feeling really frustrated and a bit overwhelmed. Trying to keep a more positive attitude today and already failing at that one!

I feel you might be setting too many goals and then it can be frustrating because you don't achieve them. Maybe set three to five, with a few you know you can achieve. Then build on up! I believe in you and I know you can be positive. It does take a lot some days but each day gets a little better!

I agree - sounds like you are putting yourself under a lot of pressure, particularly as it sounds like you have a lot going on!

While everything is really busy, suggest you focus on just 1-2 things and don't overdo it!

I'd particularly recommend making your targets the things that make the biggest difference to your goals/stress levels - and forget everything else! For me, that's exercise - if I make time for that, it really de stresses me and makes everything else easier (including weight loss!). For you it might be something else.

I know it's hard though - your post really reminded me of how I used to feel when I was busy and stressed. Be kind to yourself! :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    Monday, April 10
    1. log all food, no matter what :)
    2. carry water bottle with me at all times to remember to drink water :/ I have to work harder at this - my biggest downfall is getting in the water
    3. try and keep carbs less than 75 - :) Well, totally over that number - but at 110!! I was So hungry, everything has carbs it seems that I wanted to eat!
    4. try and keep sugar grams within MFP guidelines - :) did OK with the sugar, at 45 gms
    5. Keep calories below or near 1300 :):) 1310, but not complaining since I had walked 5 miles
    6. did not get to the gym this morning, so either go to Zumba tonite, or get out for a walk. But do something, no matter how tired I feel :) I was tired, but forced myself to walk. Ended up walking 4.75 miles on the beautiful trail near our house!
    7. put all the toys away from the past week (yes, toys still all over the place!). :/ boxed up at least!
    8. Try and find recipes that are low carb. Try something new this week :/
    9. Water Water Water!!!!! :/ Not so good at this
    10. start at least cutting out chemo hats :/
    11. try and find a pattern for baby quilt for great niece :/
    12. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Yes, and made it to the gym this morning!
    13. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable!! :)

Really tired today, so have to watch what I eat, as I tend to eat more when tired. And ... found out hubby wants me to go with him to Chicago when we exhibit. Now, the dreaded problem of what to wear!! This is when I wish I had been more serious on my losing weight. While I am down almost 15 pounds, still not enough to fit into my "dressy" clothes. I am so used to living in jeans and shorts since we work out of our home. But .... maybe this will teach me a lesson in my slacking. So now, off to the store to try and find something I can look good in.

SO JFT, Tuesday, April 11
    1. log all food
    2. keep under 1300 calories
    3. drink water. Carry my water bottle with me
    4. keep carbs less than 75
    5. keep sugar grams under 60
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
    8. remember how good thin will feel. Keep trying, and don't give up. By next Christmas, I can wear those dresses hanging in my closet
  • mytime6630
    I will have to come back later and read all the posts! So much support on this amazing group of people! You are all doing great - and motivate me to do the same :)
  • mytime6630
    Monday's goals:
    !

I do not see where you did poorly--- you hit your carb allowance, you got in 6 glasses of water - which is a good start --- you recorded everything you ate. So if you look at your day, it was great! And ... you got back on here again! Keep going - you are doing great. I am one that does list a lot of goals - not all of them are "diet" or exercise related. So to me, if I can at least meet the healthy eating and exercise goals, I am OK. The other goals are a bonus, and just things I want to accomplish. Many times these get carried onto the next day. But I do agree, sometimes we set too many goals for ourselves. Just look at how many you actually did accomplish. Great job!
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2017
    Hmm so I COMPLETELY failed to exercise any kind of self control at all at my focus groups. Every single goal I set, I massively broke...

Not feeling too bad about it though - there are always going to be occasions when I let myself go and thinking about the types of occasions where food temptations are present, this one is possibly one of the hardest to resist....

I'm wondering if I should start having a slightly longer term view and having 1 day a week where I'm allowed to go overboard (within reason) in return for being slightly more restrained on the other 6? Will think about this. Knowing what I'm like when I do go overboard, I probably have to start exercising again first....

The good news is that I saw my consultant yesterday and she said I'm definitely ok to start doing moderate exercise and can probably start doing heavy exercise again too! :):):)

What a great way to look at things. In life, we do have occasions where it is hard to resist. That is life. But the trick is to not let one day become 7 (something I have to learn myself!). I like the idea of giving yourself 1 day to go over. Many I know do this - makes you feel less like you cheated if it is planned.
    So glad you are feeling better, and can start exercising some. That helps me so much.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I agree with so much I'm reading today. So much motivation and so many great ideas!

Getting on here late again. I need to get up earlier in the mornings so I can do this first thing before I go to work. I'll have to add that to my goals for tomorrow, so I have one more thing I don't do!!! LOL!!! I crack myself up...
    J4T Monday is almost over, but I did really well again today.[/]
    1. Carbs < 75g and Sugar <29g :) Yup!
    2. Stay on task at work, focus and get part 1 of project done! :) Yup!!!
    3. Unplug one hour early, read and journal. :sWent to bed early but had an upset stomach and was up all night. Made it really hard to get up for work this morning. Going to bed very early tonight.

It's a very good thing I packed a lunch today, because as someone mentioned above, I tend to eat carbs and sweets when I'm tired. I didn't bring any in my lunch bag today so it's keeping me in line so far.

JFT - Tuesday
    1. Carbs <75g, Sugar <29g
    2. Log every bite
    3. 60 oz of water today
    4. Bite my tongue and do not snap on my coworker to seems to be looking for things to pick at me for today. I don't even have any control over how projects are assigned, so getting angry at me if I am appointed lead for a project is pointless. Hold my tongue. count to 3. Order a punching bag,,,,ooops, I mean stress ball. (@slittlemeister *smile*)
    5. Hit at least 5000 miles for the step challenge in our department this week.
    6. Bed early, read, journal and sleeping by 10:00 is the goal.
    7. Wake up 30 minutes early tomorrow so I can have a cup of coffee and post my goals on here.

Keep up the great work everyone! You're all doing really well, whether it feels like it or not! You're still here, right? :)

Tracie
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    @joan6630 Thanks for all the support. You're right, I just put too much pressure on myself and need to be realistic. It has been a difficult couple of days, but my last high profile task will be completed tomorrow. Then I think I will take a long walk and clear all the cobwebs from my brain! ;) Thanks also to @mary_clinton6 and @slittlemeister !
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Ahhh completely failed today!
    Gave into my OHs offerings!!

And then once I started I couldn't stop!
    I've just had 2 burgers.. TWO!!

Which means the hour long dog walk I did this morning at half fecking 6 this morning was a waste!!!

I'll update goals later

On a positive note, my spiralizer came today :)
  • PackerFanInGB

Let me know how you like it! I've heard of using it for many different veggies. I haven't tried mine yet, but that's because I am such a horrible cook that I can barely boil a potato without burning it.

P.S. You did NOT fail! You have to live a little too, you know... :wink:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member

Let me know how you like it! I've heard of using it for many different veggies. I haven't tried mine yet, but that's because I am such a horrible cook that I can barely boil a potato without burning it.

Gonna do a courgette tomorrow in it.. oops sorry a "zucchini" ;)
    I don't have to cook that do I :confused:

I'm pretty excited, I never thought that at the age of 25 I'd be excited over a new appliance :sweat_smile:
  • PackerFanInGB

Gonna do a courgette tomorrow in it.. oops sorry a "zucchini" ;)
    I don't have to cook that do I :confused:

I'm pretty excited, I never thought that at the age of 25 I'd be excited over a new appliance :sweat_smile:

LOL! I think you will want to maybe saute it after you spiralize it and make it into zoodles...but I'm probably like the last person you want to take cooking advice from! I think it's great you are excited! When I was 25, I was wiping noses of 3 kids and pulling my hair out most of the day. :smile:
  • dwntwn5
    @Bex953172 I just googled it and found this! http://inspiralized.com/the-three-best-ways-to-cook-spiralized-zucchini-noodles/
    It looks delicious, actually. Your post reminded me that I got an attachment for my mixer that does that and haven't used it. :/ Maybe I'll do that this weekend...

I came back to read about everyone's day. I already ate supper and am out of calories for the day so the kitchen is closed. Of course my DH is having a cocktail, though, and it sounds soooo good. I'm going to be strong, even though one of my JFTs was not to not have a drink. It would put me over my calories for the day and I don't want that. I am stronger than the champagne, right?
  • mfreetofly2017
    mfreetofly2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi there, I'm new here but posting daily goals sounds like it could be helpful. So far I've met my step and calorie goals for the day on my first day but now is the time when I would normally have wine. I have 184 calories left but I know if I have a glass it will lead to more so I'm trying really hard not to go there even though my husband will. Anyway, nice to meet all of you and here are my goals for Wednesday:

1. Stay within 1200 calorie goal
    2. Walk 5,000 steps
    3. Skip the wine

That's it for now. I'm going to try and keep it simple for awhile. Thanks for the support in advance!
  • dwntwn5
    @mfreetofly2017 Welcome! I'm pretty new here, too. And, I totally sympathize with wanting wine and not being able to have any b/c of calories left. I'm down to 40 for the day but am hanging in there.
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2017
    Ahhh completely failed today!
    Gave into my OHs offerings!!

And then once I started I couldn't stop!
    I've just had 2 burgers.. TWO!!

Which means the hour long dog walk I did this morning at half fecking 6 this morning was a waste!!!

I'll update goals later

You did NOT Fail!!! You went on that hour long walk - that erased some of those burgers !And you are on here being accountable ..... that is life ... sometimes we just have to indulge, and start again tomorrow (boy, don't I know how to do that!).

You are doing great!!!!

and ...... what in the world is a spiralizer?????? I will have to google that