Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    dwntwn5 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 I just googled it and found this! http://inspiralized.com/the-three-best-ways-to-cook-spiralized-zucchini-noodles/
    It looks delicious, actually. Your post reminded me that I got an attachment for my mixer that does that and haven't used it. :/ Maybe I'll do that this weekend...

I came back to read about everyone's day. I already ate supper and am out of calories for the day so the kitchen is closed. Of course my DH is having a cocktail, though, and it sounds soooo good. I'm going to be strong, even though one of my JFTs was not to not have a drink. It would put me over my calories for the day and I don't want that. I am stronger than the champagne, right?

Thanks for the link ---- wow -- this looks like something fun to have!! I may have to check that out also - might make eating veggies a little easier!
  • mytime6630
    So .... what do you do when you've already eaten 400 calories in just walnuts :#:'( . And ..... I am still hungry! Everything that I WANT to eat has carbs! I am WAY over my carbs for today again! Only plus is that I got in a lot of exercise today.
  • mytime6630
    Hi there, I'm new here but posting daily goals sounds like it could be helpful. !

Welcome --- glad to have you join us! We have the best group of motivators on here!!!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    @joan6630;39297866"]So I weighed myself this morning after a week of mindless eating. How can it be that I am UP almost 5 pounds! I am hoping it is just water weight, but it is still so discouraging. So .... time to really get going, and stick with it! You guys have inspired me as to how well you are all doing ... so I am stealing some of your goals!

I know about that "mindless eating" thing. One or two days can really screw up progress. I ate three delicious almond croissants over the weekend, and gained a pound and a half. Perhaps the best strategy is to just keep the sweets out of the house!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So .... what do you do when you've already eaten 400 calories in just walnuts :#:'( . And ..... I am still hungry! Everything that I WANT to eat has carbs! I am WAY over my carbs for today again! Only plus is that I got in a lot of exercise today.

Have a bru!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Ahhh completely failed today!
    Gave into my OHs offerings!!

And then once I started I couldn't stop!
    I've just had 2 burgers.. TWO!!

Which means the hour long dog walk I did this morning at half fecking 6 this morning was a waste!!!

I'll update goals later

On a positive note, my spiralizer came today :)

You did NOT Fail!!! You went on that hour long walk - that erased some of those burgers !And you are on here being accountable ..... that is life ... sometimes we just have to indulge, and start again tomorrow (boy, don't I know how to do that!).

You are doing great!!!!

and ...... what in the world is a spiralizer?????? I will have to google that

Ah thank you! Suppose it would have been worse had I not done that walk!

A spiralizer is a kitchen tool, mines handheld, but I stick say a carrot or courgette or other veg in and twist it, and it peels it so it looks like spaghetti!
  • Bex953172
    Goals for Tuesday
    - Weigh in! :) lost 1lbs
    - Be in the green! :sweat_smile: nooo
    - Shopping day! Yay and more today
    - Spiralizer arrives wooo :) yep not tried it yet
    - Up at 7, walk dog - 6.30 and 50m walk
    - stay within C/S/F intake , no no and noooo
    - Meditate - yyyyyeah? This time it was the toddler!

Goals for Wednesday
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Try my spiralizer for tea
    - Up at 6.30, walk dog - :) already done, 50 min walk down the canal
    - Stay within C/S/F intake
    - Meditate
    - Download crochet pattern for octopus for neonatal units.

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

• tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Yesterday.....A tricky meeting in the city...yep
    Carry on track with the logging....Yep
    Post the parcels.....1/2
    Short hilly bike ride.....no but 5 mile walk
    Find 20 mins for sewing ..... yes

So, jft.

Post second parcel
    Carry on track logging
    Bike ride
    Find 20 mins for making something
    Woodwork
    Check back in
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Tuesday's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :smile:
    2. Meet my calorie goal :smile:
    3. Keep carbs under 20 g :smile:
    4. Record everything I eat and drink :smile:
    5. Meet new step goal I decided to not focus on this, since I had too much going on
    6. Finish and submit presentation :smile:
    7. Do something fun! :neutral: Didn't do anything out of the ordinary

Wednesday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Record everything in my diary
    3. Beat steps from yesterday
    4. Take a long walk today to clear the cobwebs!

Decided to keep the goals simple for today, since I still have a busy morning. I plan to have a relaxing afternoon and take a long walk! :wink: Thanks everyone, for all your encouragement yesterday! :smiley:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member

I wouldn't worry too much about not eating too many carbs, unless you know that they're particularly bad for you. My target carbs is 175 per day and I can lose weight fine on that! It's calories that really matter.

400 calories on walnuts is quite a bit, but aren't walnuts meant to be full of 'good' fats? (I know many nuts are) So even though it was quite a bit it was good for you! :)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday went well!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green! :)
    - Get outside and walk at lunch :| Meeting over-ran so didn't have much time, but did sit outside briefly
    - Stay positive! :)
    - Switch off screens at 9.30 :| Failed on this one but mainly because I spent lots of time cooking healthy food earlier in the evening. I think that's a good excuse!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks outside meals except Ryvita if hungry - @Bex953172 I bought the sesame seed ones on your recommendation - they're really tasty!
    - Order the healthy haddock at the pub tonight
    - Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (diet tonic water) at the pub
    - Max 1 glass wine - rest G slimline T

- Get outside and walk at lunch
    - Stay positive!
    - Get train home by 10.15 LATEST
  • Bex953172
    @slittlemeister

Oo I'm glad you liked them!
    I don't like the others tbh

Not tried the Mediterranean though, could be nice but don't want to risk it yet haha
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Not such a good day yesterday. Never made it to the office clutter, only ten minutes of exercise--kind of goofed off but I did manage to stay within calorie limits. Well, today is a new day; starting anew!
    JFT:
    Maintain 1350 calories
    Exercise for 30 minutes
    Drink 24 oz of water
    Office clutter: 30"
    Rehearse music for Good Friday
    Rehearse with children for May performance
    Get Easter gifts ready.
    Order Easter flowers.
    Wishing everyone a good day with your goals.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    I am back. Sorry for disappearing for over a week. With my mother in law's shoulder injury I have had to make several trips to visit her. With my normal busy routine, those added trips, and a slight health scare of my own (which is turning out to be nothen although I have one more test to take but the doctor is not expected to find anything) I just couldn't commit to exercise.
    But I am back. I already got my 25 minutes of kettlebell in this morning. I plan to log my calories today and drink my lemon flavored water.
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2017
    JFT Tuesday
    - log everything - yes
    - stay within calorie goal - So, I totally thought I had. But it seemed too good to be true when I logged it so I dug out a package from the trash and saw that I actually had 2 servings of garlic bread when I thought I had one. :( . Could be worse but could also have been avoided.
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work - yes
    - in bed with screens off by 9:00 (I haven't had a good nights' sleep in awhile). - yes

JFT Wednesday
    - log everything
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work
    - in bed with screens off by 9:00
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yesterday T 3/11/17 - Back to logging after missing two days.
    1) Be mindful while I eat, take my time and enjoy the food. Yes :smile: but ended up 255 in the red. At least the sodium was not so bad (for me).
    2) 25 flights of stairs and/or walk dog in evening Yes 27 :smile:
    3) Make a dent in to-do list at home this evening....Easter is 5 days away, and 9-11 family members are coming from out of town for dinner / day. Didn't get very far, but hey, I started! :smile:
    4) Floss...need to start the count over...again. Yes Day 1 :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 no TV - Yes 10:26 :smiley:

Just for today W 3/12/17
    1) Eat fewer calories than yesterday and be in the green
    2) Really crank on my work project
    3) Walk dog after work (remember weekly goal)
    4) Make some more progress on Before Easter To-Do List
    5) Floss

No alarm clock for tomorrow, since I am off work until next Tues. That is not an excuse to laze in bed all morning, just not getting up as early. :wink:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited April 2017
    ....so I dug out a package from the trash and saw that I actually had 2 servings of garlic bread when I thought I had one. :( . Could be worse but could also have been avoided.

Been there, done that. Those servings sizes are so ridiculous sometimes. >:)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    JFT - Tuesday
    1. Carbs <75g, Sugar <29g ;) I think so but not sure because I didn't add the chicken stir fry from last night yet.
    2. Log every bite :( See above. Nope!
    3. 60 oz of water today :)
    4. Bite my tongue and do not snap on my coworker to seems to be looking for things to pick at me for today. I don't even have any control over how projects are assigned, so getting angry at me if I am appointed lead for a project is pointless. Hold my tongue. count to 3. Order a punching bag,,,,ooops, I mean stress ball. (@slittlemeister *smile*) :) Yup! Bit my tongue and I still have a job. Actually was able to defuse the situation by staying calm and reasonable.
    5. Hit at least 5000 miles for the step challenge in our department this week. :( Just shy because I was lazy on couch again.
    6. Bed early, read, journal and sleeping by 10:00 is the goal. :) Well mostly. Was not sleeping by 10 but did the rest.
    7. Wake up 30 minutes early tomorrow so I can have a cup of coffee and post my goals on here. :s Epic fail on this this morning. Hit my snooze button for an HOUR! I have to get to sleep earlier at night. Ridiculous.

Busy day at work today but at least I'm getting my goals in before noon today! I'm such a slacker sometimes.

JFT - Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green
    2. WATER
    3. Take a real lunch break and get some walking in.
    4. Finish build on one test patient at work.
    5. Complete one task out of my Simple Abundance assignments
    6. At least one random act of kindness.
    7. Focus on positive things not negative. Be happy for what you have, not envious of what you don't.
    8. Unplug by 9:00 pm and read, journal.

Have a great day!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Tuesday, April 11
    1. log all food :) Yes - even those 400 calories of walnuts!
    2. keep under 1300 calories :/ But, only 46 calories over, and since I got in a lot of exercise, I am OK with that.
    3. drink water. Carry my water bottle with me :/ Really have to work harder on this one and make it become a habit
    4. keep carbs less than 75 :/ But at 86, so OK with that.
    5. keep sugar grams under 60 :) Yes, sugar gms at 30!!
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Going to take this off my goals, since this has not become a good habit. Every nite before I go to bed I make sure my clothes and shoes are in the bathroom - getting where I love these morning gym sessions!
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)
    8. remember how good thin will feel. Keep trying, and don't give up. By next Christmas, I can wear those dresses hanging in my closet :)

JFT, Wednesday, April 12 (Can't believe it is wednesday already though)
    1. log all food
    2. drink water
    3. work in yard
    4. already went to the gym, but try and get in another walk
    5. measure out walnuts and put them in bags so I don't over indulge
    6. keep carbs around 75
    7. keep sugar gms within MFP guidelines
    8. carry water bottle with me all day - drink water
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    ....so I dug out a package from the trash and saw that I actually had 2 servings of garlic bread when I thought I had one. :( . Could be worse but could also have been avoided.

Been there, done that. Those servings sizes are so ridiculous sometimes. >:)

Ughh. Thanks. It's good to know I'm not the only one!