Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Goals for Wednesday
    - Be in the green - yes
    - Exercise - no
    - Try my spiralizer for tea - no
    - Up at 6.30, walk dog - :) already done, 50 min walk down the canal
    - Stay within C/S/F intake - probs not
    - Meditate - no, chose sleep instead!
    - Download crochet pattern for octopus for neonatal units. - do this in bed

I've had a fu€ked up day of eating today!
    I swapped my Greek yoghurt for a low fat one so my calories for breakfast were really low (around 100)
    My partner has been feeling really unwell as of late so I spent a lot of the day with him and didn't have lunch.
    He went to the shop later on and bought pizza bases and thought it would be nice to make pizzas with our toddler, (how could I say no). And then he said he bought me a special dessert, a Tesco finest mixed berry cheesecake slice!

He was already having a poop day and he went out of his way to do something for us all so decided not to say anything about my calories.

But I've just logged it all and that means I've just consumed 1200 calories in one sitting. But because I skipped lunch I'm still in the green but I feel so sick!!
    Can't tell whether being in the green is still a good thing..

Goals for Thursday
    - Detox - be carb free and drink plenty of water and herbal tea
    - Walk dog in the morning
    - Meditate
    - Drop toddler at nursery
    - Get blood test
    - Use the spiralizer, I didn't buy it for a joke..

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Jft wednesday...
    My tired butt Is way exhausted from work. Just for today:
    1. Take it easy.
    2. Drink water.
    3. See Michelle tonight and catch up. But don't fall asleep XD
    4. Be grateful
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Not a bad day today in terms of food but my drinks put me massively over my calorie goal!!!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks outside meals except Ryvita if hungry :)
    - Order the healthy haddock at the pub tonight :| Haddock turned out not to be on menu so ordered the next best option... wasn't too healthy though!
    - Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (diet tonic water) at the pub :'( I had 4 alcohol and 1 non-alcohol.... bit of a fail!
    - Max 1 glass wine - rest G slimline T :'( My first was a G&T but it was ridiculously expensive so i switched to wine...
    - Get outside and walk at lunch :)
    - Stay positive! :)
    - Get train home by 10.15 LATEST :)

Tomorrow's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Healthy salad for dinner
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - G&T only at pub
    - Be within the green!
    - Get outside and walk at lunch
    - be productive - no procrastinating!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    So, jft.

Post second parcel....did, and getting all the shipment together took all day
    Carry on track logging...did, despite much temptation
    Bike ride..no
    Find 20 mins for making something....yes
    Woodwork ....no
    Check back in...well here I am

Ok not everything on my list, but that shipment was a marathon!!
    so, jftomorrow....
    Carry on track logging
    Woodwork
    Bike ride ( really!)
    Find 20 mins for sewing
    Check back in

• bri150lbs
    bri150lbs Posts: 44 Member
    J4T Thursday
    1. Stay at 1200 calorie goal
    2. Watch my sodium and carbs
    3. Exercise, zumba or walking
    4. Clean the house and do laundry
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Recap W 3/12/17
    1) Eat fewer calories than yesterday and be in the green - nope but with exercise w/i 100 calories of goal
    2) Really crank on my work project - made good progress on this never-ending project :smile:
    3) Walk dog after work (remember weekly goal) - walked 2.8 miles...would've been longer, but I had to pee :smile:
    4) Make some more progress on Before Easter To-Do List - checked off couple of items :smile:
    5) Floss - yes Day 2 :smiley:

Just for R 3/13/17 - vacation day, lots to do at home, logging night before so I don't start the morning on computer "for a few minutes" and end up spending hours :wink:
    1) Attack Before Easter To-Do List...grocery shopping and decluttering are top of the list, also mail passport renewal
    2) Eat normal meals / snacks, log when can & stay in the green
    3) Rain is supposed to end, walk dog in afternoon
    4) Maundy Thurs - be at church 6:40 / choir sings at 7 p.m. service
    5) Floss
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Late getting on today, had so much housework to do today and laundry was calling my name!

Wednesday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green :smiley: beat my calorie and carb goals!
    2. Record everything in my diary :smile:
    3. Beat steps from yesterday :smiley: not only beat my steps from Tuesday, but also exceeded my new goal by over 2K!
    4. Take a long walk today to clear the cobwebs! :smiley: Yes, and boy did it make me feel good. I even took a walk after dinner with my husband, which was an added bonus on such a crisp evening!

Thursday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. Record everything I eat and drink.
    3. Meet the new step goal
    4. Do something social today!
    5. Add in another exercise today.
    6. Get back to working on the baby blanket.

One of the challenges I have had when trying to eat low carb before is that I easily suffer from palette fatigue. For me, it's really important to have a full, flavorful experience. When I do that, I find that I don't feel tempted to cheat. I did some experimental cooking yesterday and boy did I find a winner!

I took shredded chicken and sautéed it with chili powder, cumin, and a dash of cayenne. Then I added diced tomatoes and green chile. I shredded lettuce and served 4 oz of the chicken on a bed made up of 2 cups of iceberg lettuce. I spooned 2 ounces of homemade salsa on top to serve as a dressing. Boy, was it yummy and satisfying. The best part was it only was 8 carbs and about 220 calories! This will definitely become a regular addition to my repertoire!
  • dph118
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Really tired today, so have to watch what I eat, as I tend to eat more when tired. And ... found out hubby wants me to go with him to Chicago when we exhibit. Now, the dreaded problem of what to wear!! This is when I wish I had been more serious on my losing weight. While I am down almost 15 pounds, still not enough to fit into my "dressy" clothes. I am so used to living in jeans and shorts since we work out of our home. But .... maybe this will teach me a lesson in my slacking. So now, off to the store to try and find something I can look good in.

What kind of business are you in? I know what you mean about dressing in relaxing clothes when working from home. Most of my work is from home these days and I am actually glad when I have to dress up to go to meetings, etc. :wink:
  • dph118
    @dwntwn5 Thanks for sharing the link on recipes for the spiralizer. I have been debating getting one, because I don't know what to make with it! Some of the recipes sounded yummy.
  • dph118
    I am back. Sorry for disappearing for over a week. With my mother in law's shoulder injury I have had to make several trips to visit her. With my normal busy routine, those added trips, and a slight health scare of my own (which is turning out to be nothen although I have one more test to take but the doctor is not expected to find anything) I just couldn't commit to exercise.
    But I am back. I already got my 25 minutes of kettlebell in this morning. I plan to log my calories today and drink my lemon flavored water.

Hope your mother-in-law is doing better! Hope you are also doing well.
    Great job on the exercising! I need to figure out some way to build up my cardio that isn't too stressful on my joints. I find that I am in pathetic shape these days! :#
  • dph118
    Just for R 3/13/17 - vacation day, lots to do at home, logging night before so I don't start the morning on computer "for a few minutes" and end up spending hours :wink:

I should try to do that as well, somehow I always end up falling into the endless rabbit hole that is my PC!

• wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    JFT- Thursday
    Upper body strength training today and cardio
    Drink more water
    Clean something in the house before work
    Stay on plan
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    Wednesday, April 12 (Can't believe it is wednesday already though)
    1. log all food :) Yes, even the junk stuff I ate :/
    2. drink water :/
    3. work in yard :/
    4. already went to the gym, but try and get in another walk :) Took a 3 mile walk, so had good exercising for the day - make up for the extra calories, so I was still in the green.
    5. measure out walnuts and put them in bags so I don't over indulge :) Put a measuring cup in the can of walnuts.
    6. keep carbs around 75 :'( WAY over!
    7. keep sugar gms within MFP guidelines :/ WAY OVER
    8. carry water bottle with me all day - drink water :/

JFt, THursday
    1. drink water
    2. log all food
    3. stay within MFP guidelines for carbs and sugar
    4. did not get to the gym, so try for zumba tonite

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    - log everything - Yes!
    - Stay within calorie goal - No. Again, I was close.
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work - No. Only twice. I almost filled it up for the drive home but remembered I needed to go to the grocery store and didn't want to be doing the dance up and down the aisles b/c I drank 16 oz of water on the drive there!
    - in bed with screens off by 9:00 - Yes.

JFT Thursday
    - log everything (I still feel like I will slip up on this)
    - Stay within calorie goal (this will be a big challenge).
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work.
    - practice mindful eating at the happy hour tonight.

So close to the weekend!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    dph118 wrote: »
    One of the challenges I have had when trying to eat low carb before is that I easily suffer from palette fatigue. For me, it's really important to have a full, flavorful experience. When I do that, I find that I don't feel tempted to cheat. I did some experimental cooking yesterday and boy did I find a winner!

I took shredded chicken and sautéed it with chili powder, cumin, and a dash of cayenne. Then I added diced tomatoes and green chile. I shredded lettuce and served 4 oz of the chicken on a bed made up of 2 cups of iceberg lettuce. I spooned 2 ounces of homemade salsa on top to serve as a dressing. Boy, was it yummy and satisfying. The best part was it only was 8 carbs and about 220 calories! This will definitely become a regular addition to my repertoire!

I have this same problem! I get bored eating that same thing over and over. This sounds yummy! I will have to try this. It sounds like a chicken taco salad almost. Mmmmm..... Thanks for sharing!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    JFT - Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green :s I did so good on this all day and then when I went to bed, my stomach started to growl and feel nauseous from my bedtime meds and I got up and ate a Little Debbie's Cinnamon Bun AND a twinkie! WTH? I think this will get better when our granddaughter no longer lives here and we don't have this stuff in the house. We didn't used to buy it!
    2. WATER :)
    3. Take a real lunch break and get some walking in. :(
    4. Finish build on one test patient at work. :)
    5. Complete one task out of my Simple Abundance assignments :)
    6. At least one random act of kindness. :)
    7. Focus on positive things not negative. Be happy for what you have, not envious of what you don't. :) Total place of contentment yesterday. It was awesome.
    8. Unplug by 9:00 pm and read, journal. :) I did unplug and I did read and journal, but I read until way later than my bedtime so yeah....there's that...

Well, here goes nothing.

Just For Today (Thursday)
    1. Stay in the green
    2. 60 oz of water at least
    3. Finish build on another test patient at work
    4. Take a real lunch break :D Doing this right now! Drove home for lunch since I forgot my lunch at home this morning. Feels good to get out of the basement my department is located in and see the sky even if it is gray.
    5. Complete a Simple Abundance task/assignment....
    6. Random act of kindness / compliment someone today
    7. Focus on positives and walk away from stress and drama
    8. Unplug and read & Journal. Vacation day tomorrow and I don't want to waste it by being tired all day.

Hope you are all having a great day! Love seeing so many good goals. Gives me so many ideas... ;)

Tracie
  • dph118
    JFT - Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green :s I did so good on this all day and then when I went to bed, my stomach started to growl and feel nauseous from my bedtime meds and I got up and ate a Little Debbie's Cinnamon Bun AND a twinkie! WTH? I think this will get better when our granddaughter no longer lives here and we don't have this stuff in the house. We didn't used to buy it!
    2. WATER :)
    3. Take a real lunch break and get some walking in. :(
    4. Finish build on one test patient at work. :)
    5. Complete one task out of my Simple Abundance assignments :)
    6. At least one random act of kindness. :)
    7. Focus on positive things not negative. Be happy for what you have, not envious of what you don't. :) Total place of contentment yesterday. It was awesome.
    8. Unplug by 9:00 pm and read, journal. :) I did unplug and I did read and journal, but I read until way later than my bedtime so yeah....there's that...

I know what you mean about the bad food in the house! I have gotten to telling my son to store his junk food in his room so I don't have to see it!

Can I say I just love some of your goals!?! Focus on the positive is just wonderful, good for you! Had planned to write more, but hubby is giving me the evil eye... Will chat more tomorrow.

Have a great night!
    Diana
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Carry on track logging.....yes but went over calories...still under maintenance at least
    Woodwork......yes a bit
    Bike ride ( really!)......arg no! Chickened out due to freezing weather
    Find 20 mins for sewing......yes
    Check back in......yes

Not totally successful there as it was the first day of my OH's holiday so I joined him in some slacking!

Jftomorrow....

Woodwork
    Gardening
    Some kind of exercise
    Sewing
    Keep logging
    Check back in