Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    edited April 2017
    April 13
    Stayed in calorie limit
    Baked bread
    Did some gardening
    On my way to visit mother in law

April 14 goals
    20 exercise
    Drink 24 ounces water
    Log food stay under calorie goal
    Grocery shop
    Attend Good Friday Service with family.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap R 3/13/17 - vacation day, lots to do at home, logging night before so I don't start the morning on computer "for a few minutes" and end up spending hours :wink:
    1) Attack Before Easter To-Do List...grocery shopping and decluttering are top of the list, also mail passport renewal - yep, yep and finally! :smile:
    2) Eat normal meals / snacks, log when can & stay in the green - yes :smiley:
    3) Rain is supposed to end, walk dog in afternoon - sun poked in afternoon, walked 3 miles (heard cardinals and sandhill cranes, among other birds singing, and saw pair of ducks in same spot) :smiley:
    4) Maundy Thurs - be at church 6:40 / choir sings at 7 p.m. service and rehearsal for Easter afterwards - yes :smile:
    5) Floss - yes Day 3 :smiley:

Just for Good Friday 3/14/17 - vacation/holiday
    1) Keep at the Before Easter To-Do List...top items = finish decluttering (how did this get so out of control?), get out Easter baskets and decorations (a bunny explosion, according to hubby)
    2) Repeat #2 from above = don't munch through day, eat normal meals / snacks, log, and stay in the green
    3) Walk dog before rain returns
    4) Church service 7 p.m.
    5) Floss
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Thursday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green. :) Met calories/carbs/water goals. Yes!
    2. Record everything I eat and drink. :smile:
    3. Meet the new step goal :star::smiley: Blew my step goal away! Beat it by over 4K!
    4. Do something social today! :smile: Had a lovely time visiting with my friend and getting caught up on the latest news.
    5. Add in another exercise today. :smile: Added walking the stairs. I had gone on a walk with my husband and we climbed a steep set of stairs (of course, I was walking at his pace and he is a whole foot taller than me). I was completely winded at the top and he commented that I was really out of shape....so, determined to build up my cardio and beat him up the stairs!
    6. Get back to working on the baby blanket. :neutral: never did get to this. I was being totally OCD about my exercise and getting my house clean. Plan to work on it today and I may even do some quilting today.

Friday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Meet new step goal.
    4. Do workout on stairs. :wink: Already done!
    5. Finish laundry so I can enjoy the weekend!
    6. Set up terrace furniture and spend time outside! Have to enjoy it while I can, it's supposed to snow this weekend!
    7. Work on baby blanket and/or quilt.

Have a wonderful day!
    Diana
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Just for today:
    Exercise---either video or walk outdoors
    Play Good Friday noon service
    Meditation
    Lunch with friends today
    Shop for a filing cabinet--music needs to be filed!
    Burn or shred office papers
    Outside work--30"
    Clean clutter--30"
    Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Not such a good day yesterday. Never made it to the office clutter, only ten minutes of exercise--kind of goofed off but I did manage to stay within calorie limits. Well, today is a new day; starting anew!
    JFT:
    Maintain 1350 calories--yes
    Exercise for 30 minutes--yes
    Drink 24 oz of water--yes
    Office clutter: 30"--no --am I avoiding this task?
    Rehearse music for Good Friday--yes
    Rehearse with children for May performance--yes
    Get Easter gifts ready--no.
    Order Easter flowers--yes
    Wishing everyone a good day with your goals.

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. Not, eat everything in sight disaster, but not good...

- log everything (I still feel like I will slip up on this) - No. I got off track at the happy hour and didn't log :(
    - Stay within calorie goal (this will be a big challenge). - Doubt it. Since I didn't log we don't know, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest not! :(
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work. No. Sigh... :(
    - practice mindful eating at the happy hour tonight. Yes! I only ate what I really wanted and didn't just mindlessly munch and drink.

JFT Friday
    - log everything!
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - refill water bottle at least 2 times at work (short day)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Easter weekend!
    Help!
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Don't think I've done goals for 2 days.. been so busy with work then exhausted. Last night in particular was insane and I'm so tired. Going back tonight.
    My only jft is to drink water
    Didn't do it enough last night
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap Good Friday 3/14/17 - vacation/holiday
    1) Before Easter To-Do List - Done, even baked cake for the trifle; all that's left is food prep and getting dishes / tables ready :smile:
    2) Don't munch through day, eat normal meals / snacks, log, and stay in the green - Close, calories -31 in the red, had one portion mixed nuts as only snack :neutral:
    3) Walk dog before rain returns - Walked 3.58 miles, had a few sprinkles :)
    4) Church service 7 p.m. Yes :smile:
    5) Floss - Yes Day 4 :smiley:

Just for Sat. 3/15
    1) When filling Easter baskets with candy, do NOT eat
    2) Drink 8 - 10 c. water...busy days, haven't had enough, lips / skin feeling dried out
    3) Get to bed early - Easter Sunday 7:45 service, choir there 7:20

No goals for Easter Sunday, except drink water and enjoy day with family in town.
  • dph118
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Easter weekend!
    Help!

You can do this! I think we're all feeling pretty much the same, lol! I am just trying to focus on healthy choices and getting in my exercise. :wink:
  • dph118
    Friday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water. :smile:
    2. Log everything. :smirk: MFP had actually double logged my lunch! I thought I had to be really careful for dinner, then I ended up having to eat an additional snack because my actual calories were too low!
    3. Meet new step goal. :smile: I think I have logged more steps this week than ever before. Whoop Whoop!
    4. Do workout on stairs. :wink: Already done!
    5. Finish laundry so I can enjoy the weekend! :smiley: Happy I get to enjoy my weekend!
    6. Set up terrace furniture and spend time outside! Have to enjoy it while I can, it's supposed to snow this weekend! :smile: Need to get out there and give it a good cleaning!
    7. Work on baby blanket and/or quilt. :neutral: Didn't get to this last night, but I was happy to get all my cleaning done and I also got to work on making some extra meals so we don't have to think to much about what to eat this weekend.

Saturday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water.
    2. Get those steps in.
    3. Do some stretching exercises.
    4. Go shopping for a pram.
    5. Take a long walk/hike today. It is a beautiful day!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Diana
  • Bex953172
    dph118 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Easter weekend!
    Help!

You can do this! I think we're all feeling pretty much the same, lol! I am just trying to focus on healthy choices and getting in my exercise. :wink:

I was good an only had the chocolate buttons, I'm gonna separate the egg into portions lol!
    It will probably take me about 2 weeks to get through then all :sweat_smile:
  • Bex953172
    It would appear that I forgot to do Friday goals!

But I did the usual.. walked the dog, and stayed in the green.

So,
    Goals for Sat
    - Be in the green
    - Walk the dog
    - Find time to meditate because I really need it!
    - Drink a bit more fluids
    - And sod it! Let's try get a bit of exercise in! I've not done it in front of the telly for ages!

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Just for today: Good Friday
    Exercise---either video or walk outdoors--no
    Play Good Friday noon service--yes--a real blessing
    Meditation--no
    Lunch with friends today--yes, and blew my calorie limit
    Shop for a filing cabinet--music needs to be filed!--yes
    Burn or shred office papers--no
    Outside work--30"-no
    Clean clutter--30"--yes
    I need to drink more water, and get it in more exercise!
    I really enjoy reading everyone's posts; it's great to have support. Your posts encourage me to be more responsible for daily checkups.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone and have a very happy Easter.

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi guys! Hope you all have been well. The Realtor is showing the house again, so the freak out has begun. With seven of us and all of everyone's crap, wadded into my small home, I somehow think every breathing moment of work will turn it into show house lol. Reality is, it's all I can do to keep the sink clear and the toilet clean hahaha. The more I try to present "normal" the less my family cares.... So this week, I have set no goals and eaten everything in sight. Against my better judgement, stepped on the scale this morning. It must be defective. For the first time in years, I am in the 140's!!! Really the morale booster I needed. I hope you all have an excellent holiday weekend, I look forward to catching up on posts soon. See y'all midweek lol <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    shenna333 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Hope you all have been well. The Realtor is showing the house again, so the freak out has begun. With seven of us and all of everyone's crap, wadded into my small home, I somehow think every breathing moment of work will turn it into show house lol. Reality is, it's all I can do to keep the sink clear and the toilet clean hahaha. The more I try to present "normal" the less my family cares.... So this week, I have set no goals and eaten everything in sight. Against my better judgement, stepped on the scale this morning. It must be defective. For the first time in years, I am in the 140's!!! Really the morale booster I needed. I hope you all have an excellent holiday weekend, I look forward to catching up on posts soon. See y'all midweek lol <3

Good for you! Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!

House showings are so stressful, I can't imagine it with 7 people in the house! Breathe. It's all good! B)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    I ended up having to work yesterday instead of having the day off like planned, so I think I was too crabby or something because I don't see any goals for Friday. LOL!

Just for Saturday
    1. Go to granddaughter's 18th birthday party and try to make sensible choices.
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Walk outside and get my steps in if it doesn't rain (pretty gray out there)
    4. Rest this afternoon. Feel a little feverish so not going to beat myself up trying to clean or shop. Just going to rest and read maybe today.

Not much for goals today, but if I can just stay in the green, I will consider today a win!

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • Bex953172
    shenna333 wrote: »

Well done on the weight loss!!

You just be burning major calories to get your house clean and to STAY clean!

But well done again! Glad you're feeling positive and Atleast you haven't undone any of your hard work up to now :)
  • Bex953172

Goals for Sat
    - Be in the green - I've not logged everything yet so unsure but probAbly just over
    - Walk the dog -no
    - Find time to meditate because I really need it! - about to do it now
    - Drink a bit more fluids ... I have a 7up in my hand..
    - And sod it! Let's try get a bit of exercise in! I've not done it in front of the telly for ages!... And sod it is exactly what I thought

Something's really going on with me and I don't know what it is!
    It must be depression because some days I'm so motivated and other days I'm really not. Maybe I over do it on the days I do good? I don't even walk the dog in the morning anymore and that's not fair on him is it!
    But it just seems so crazily up and down ATM

Goals for Sunday
    - WAKE UP and be lively in the day, not zombified
    - Walk the dog, for him not myself.
    - Do some stretches in the day
    - Meditate
    - Be in the green
    - No snacks (not even Easter egg, just to reboot my body)

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.