What's your best comeback?

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Some conversations are not worth responding to.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    stare at him intensely as you sip at your soda and just remember his stupidity makes him unable to enjoy diet soda XD his loss not yours. I LOVE awkwardness id honestly just stare at him silently and inwardly enjoy all the funny fake bs thats bound to come out of his mouth in awkward silence and then just walk away smiling LOL
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I would just tell him to STFU or something less harsh would be - when I want your opinion I will ask for it!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    AgidGirl wrote: »
    Someone at work is picking on me for having a diet soda today. He was going on and on about how drinking that crap is SOOO bad for you etc etc. To stop the conversation I told him 'well everyone is entitled to their own opinion' to which he replied 'and you're entitled to be wrong' It took every fiber of my being to turn and walk away. I would REALLY like a politically correct comeback to lay on him the next time I get a hankering for a diet soda.

PS I drink diet soda about 1x a month at work and only drink water, tea or coffee otherwise.

Seems like your co worker has some problems going on that are beyond you drinking a diet coke. This is a very immature thing to say, lol reminds me of some of the weird things my friends and I use to say in high school. It's good to be a grown up sometimes.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Some conversations are not worth responding to.

Exactly, I wouldn't give a *kitten* what an *kitten* like that thinks so it isn't even worth the effort to respond. If he persists, just politely tell him to shut the *kitten* up.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Just walk away while he is still talking. Men hate when you do this.

Ugghh my hubby does this when we're in the middle of an argument/debate. It is THE most infuriating thing he can do to me!!!!

I have one of those. If were having a discussion and he thinks it might lead to an argument he will walk off. Annoys me so much as then nothing gets sorted