What's your best comeback?

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    "Oh I'm sorry...I'll call you tomorrow before I head to work and make sure all of my food and drink items are "whateverhisnameis"-approved!" If it were me I'd say it in an overly concerned voice;)
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    "People my have religious or medical reasons for their dietary practices, so let's keep it professional and not risk making comments that could be an HR issue."

Perfection!

If he continues let HR send him a friendly reminder to mind his own misguided business!
    Never EVER mess with HR, they will mess you up,down,& sideways!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    AgidGirl wrote: »
    Someone at work is picking on me for having a diet soda today. He was going on and on about how drinking that crap is SOOO bad for you etc etc. To stop the conversation I told him 'well everyone is entitled to their own opinion' to which he replied 'and you're entitled to be wrong' It took every fiber of my being to turn and walk away. I would REALLY like a politically correct comeback to lay on him the next time I get a hankering for a diet soda.

PS I drink diet soda about 1x a month at work and only drink water, tea or coffee otherwise.

He's probably been binge watching 'health' documentaries on Netflix.
    I watched one on sugar the other day and now they are recommending a dozen more, each espousing another evil of modern food.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Someone at work is picking on me for having a diet soda today. He was going on and on about how drinking that crap is SOOO bad for you etc etc. To stop the conversation I told him 'well everyone is entitled to their own opinion' to which he replied 'and you're entitled to be wrong' It took every fiber of my being to turn and walk away. I would REALLY like a politically correct comeback to lay on him the next time I get a hankering for a diet soda.

PS I drink diet soda about 1x a month at work and only drink water, tea or coffee otherwise.

Say "Prove it!"

He wont be able to, and you win. lol
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    I read a really good book called " thank you for your feedback ." You don't really need to read it. You could just say that haha
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Big smile. "We'll have to agree to disagree." Make uncomfortably direct eye contact while taking a big slow sip. Go back to doing whatever it is you were doing as if he isn't there.

People like that get off on getting a reaction and making people feel stupid. So I find nonchalantly acting like you know better than them usually takes care of it. Of course, you wouldn't be acting, you really do know better!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    One of my favorites is, "What makes you think I'm interested in your opinion to begin with?"

Also, your co-worker sounds like a douche.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    If you only drink it once a month - tell him it's what you crave when you get your period and can he give any insight as to what you could have instead to satisfy the cravings you get from bleeding out of your vagina.

That should make him awkward enough to never want to see or speak to you ever again. And will stop him commenting on your soda habit :)

I love this one.
    p.s he probably would rat you out to HR afterwards though

I drink one coke zero a day at work, he would get really worked up with me. I would really just laugh it off. Conversation really just leads to more conversation then frustration.
  • "What I eat is not up for debate."

Give him a level and calm stare into his eyeballs for a few moments. Then change the subject. Or leave the room.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    These are some of my better responses as I am addicted to diet dr. pepper and I would never give it up.

And how many meds are you taking

I just got the results from my yearly physical and all my blood work is perfect

F*** the study probably same people who said fat is bad for you and milk is bad for you

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    be happy its just an annoying co worker my aunt forces me to sit and listen to her woo...her view on diet pop is she wont drink it because the fake sugars stick to your insides forever and thats what causes artery blockages. Then she downs 2 huge full calorie pops with her huge burger meal with extra baked potato/butter and i just sit there eating my salad or small dollar menu burger and black coffee while she tells me about how shes going to lose more weight thn me because macro science.

Thing is i rely on her to drive me to see my grampa weekly in a different city so i cant even just blow up on her XD

I find sort of just completely ignoring that shes talking when she goes on her rants works. ill just text on my phone XD
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Please don't go running to the boss or HR. I'd rather get the talk about soda and find a way to shut him down, then be forever known as the untrustworthy office snitch.

I'll call this the "Don't be a snitch culture", DBASC for short. DBASC is precisely why men can continue to be a-holes in diverse workplaces. The system is structured to destroy men if only women would pull the HR trigger. Do it. End a-hole culture.

great point to be honest HR is there for a reason the whole dont be a snitch thing is EXACTLY why people still get away with *kitten*.

that said though, Wouldnt do it over this :p
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Tell him its none of his business
    I had this one time I drink 1 can of diet soda a day, and always had one guy tell me it wont help with weight loss I told him to mind his own business and he shut up
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I had a guy at work once say this to me - I sent him an article or two that showed that aspartame has been proven NOT to be all the things that he said, along with some articles about the connection between drinking alcohol excessively and impotence (he is a big drinker). Never heard another word....

OMG OMG OMG....the guy at work who was hassling me is a HUGE drinker himself. That is a fantastic idea :smiley:

Yes, lecturing someone about drinking diet soda which may or may not be great and isn't proven either way while you pour a known addictive poison down your throat is a little ridiculous.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    be happy its just an annoying co worker my aunt forces me to sit and listen to her woo...her view on diet pop is she wont drink it because the fake sugars stick to your insides forever and thats what causes artery blockages. Then she downs 2 huge full calorie pops with her huge burger meal with extra baked potato/butter and i just sit there eating my salad or small dollar menu burger and black coffee while she tells me about how shes going to lose more weight thn me because macro science.

Thing is i rely on her to drive me to see my grampa weekly in a different city so i cant even just blow up on her XD

I find sort of just completely ignoring that shes talking when she goes on her rants works. ill just text on my phone XD

II love your aunt. Or I love reading about her. In real life, she would piss me off.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    Stare as though confused for a few seconds in silence. Then ask, almost conversationally, "What is WRONG with you?"

Or "are you drunk?"