Can't get to a gym

HI guys ! So I don't have access to a gym but I do take walks outside. I have a pedometer app to tell me how far I walk (about 2 miles a day) are there any good home workouts without weights you'd suggest?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    30 day shred
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Why don't you want to use weights? It will help you get in your strength training component.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Google "Nerd Fitness Hotel Workout". It's a bodyweight workout.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    Why don't you want to use weights? It will help you get in your strength training component.

Just right now I don't have weights. In June I will be getting a membership and will be using weights
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    30 day shred

Can I find that plan online?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member

Nerd Fitness for the win! :)
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Fitnessblender has some good workouts as well and YouTube I've used the channel called befit they have free videos... I still don't understand why you don't want to use weights.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    30 day shred

Can I find that plan online?

Yup YouTube
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Fitnessblender has some good workouts as well and YouTube I've used the channel called befit they have free videos... I still don't understand why you don't want to use weights.

Because I don't have access to weights right now
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Body weight exercise, walking, combinations of both. That's what I do all winter long. I do have a Bowflex M5 for cardio, but honestly I can simply do body weight training in circuits and burn the same calories. No gym required. I did buy a pull up bar, was like $20 at the local store and was easy to install.
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Body weight exercise, walking, combinations of both. That's what I do all winter long. I do have a Bowflex M5 for cardio, but honestly I can simply do body weight training in circuits and burn the same calories. No gym required. I did buy a pull up bar, was like $20 at the local store and was easy to install.

I have a pull up bar! For some reason I've always been good at pull ups lol can't do anything else though
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Calisthenics! This served militaries all over the world - cheap, effective, and requires nothing more than your body. Start with basic pushups, situps, lunges, jumping jacks, squats, etc. and just add variation on your stance and angles.
  • Spliner1969

I have a pull up bar! For some reason I've always been good at pull ups lol can't do anything else though

Push Ups? If you can't do them, start at your kitchen counters, step back away from them and do push ups to the counters. As you progress and build the correct muscles use a chair to drop the angle, eventually work your way to the floor. Works great. Other options are body weight squats, planks (all varieties).
  • LahrysaTebo2015

Push Ups? If you can't do them, start at your kitchen counters, step back away from them and do push ups to the counters. As you progress and build the correct muscles use a chair to drop the angle, eventually work your way to the floor. Works great. Other options are body weight squats, planks (all varieties).

Oh, thank you!
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I am 47 and I have a bad thyroid and I'm losing weight with walking being pretty much my only exercise. It's more about diet than exercise. Count your calories. Weigh your food and track everything. You will lose weight if you don't eat too much regardless of exercise.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    You are Your Own Gym or Convict Conditioning are both supposed to be good. If you can't find them free you might check to see if your library has a copy or a cheap copy on ebay.
  • Spliner1969
    Golbat wrote: »
    I am 47 and I have a bad thyroid and I'm losing weight with walking being pretty much my only exercise. It's more about diet than exercise. Count your calories. Weigh your food and track everything. You will lose weight if you don't eat too much regardless of exercise.

While I agree, I think that people that don't exercise (you are doing just fine, not implying anything) tend to fail once the 'diet' is over. Those, like you, me, the op, and others making good suggestions in this thread, that embrace exercise as part of their journey to a new body/fitness level tend to succeed long term. Exercise is never required, and diet is a big part of it, but exercise speeds things along, builds muscle, and will help you keep the weight off long term. Just my humble opinion.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Check out Nike NTC app. It's free, has videos you can follow along, can create workout plans, and you can use body weight only. There are other free apps or apps that have good workouts for free.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I've found some good workout routines on Muscle and Strength - they have a section devoted to bodyweight

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/bodyweight