UGH

Replies

• LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    You could lose weight eating off the dollar menu too. Might not be the healthiest, but you either want this and are ready for it, or you don't and you're not. It's all about choices. We were all not ready at one point in time. Maybe you're just not there yet.

I've been fat my whole life and I don't want to be... how am I not ready

You aren't willing to put in the effort to do it. You're making excuses such as not being able to afford to eat less food. If you are married to the idea of the dollar menu, go once a day instead of twice. Or simply order fewer $1 items each time you go.

Yeah because my $5 a day I have to spend is obviously going to get me A TON at the grocery store

$5 a day is $35 a week and I could shop healthy on that. *shrug* How bad do you want it?

Pretty bad

And I get paid daily. Not weekly.

This is going to sound rude, or crazy, or both, but: You know that you don't have to spend all your money at once, right?

I made 80$ a day. After bills I have to put money away for I have 5$ a day for food

And what do you normally spend that $5 on today, off of the dollar menu? Same thing every day? How many meals? Have you tried logging the calories of those foods? How does it compare to the calorie goal that MFP provides you, when you put in your stats and a goal?

I usually get a chicken wrap at 3pm and 8pm some times I have a bagel in the morning

You didn't get to be close to 300 lbs eating nothing but a chicken wrap twice a day and a bagel in the morning....

The chicken wraps are under 500 cals, and the bagel likely is as well. That's 1500 calories. What else are you eating/drinking?

Idk. Sometimes I eat ice cream at night. I drink crystal light
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    This is interesting. On the planet, the poorest of the poor subsist on less than $2/day. You manage to be 100 lb overweight on the princely sum of $5 per day. What land of milk and honey do you inhabit?

Wait why are you being rude? I know why I'm overweight. I'm trying to change it. Be supportive or gtfo

I supportively wonder what country and region you live in.

Lol massachusettes
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Start logging every single thing you eat and drink, which should be easy if it's from McDonald's - you won't need to weigh stuff if that's all your having. See how many calories you're having compared to what MFP says you should have for you to lose weight. And then you can start by making small changes. For instance, eggs are cheap and you can have eggs for breakfast instead of something from McD's. $5 a day isn't much but you can still make some changes.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    OP - do you have access to a cooler, or a freezer and how can you cook (stove top, oven, microwave?) We are all assuming you have access to a kitchen and fridge. Do you?

Yes. Shared with my roommate though

You have been given some very sound answers to the question you asked. It appears that you do not like the answers. Don't know what else to say; if you really want to lose the weight you can will have to change your life. If you continue what you are doing you will keep getting what you get now.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    You could lose weight eating off the dollar menu too. Might not be the healthiest, but you either want this and are ready for it, or you don't and you're not. It's all about choices. We were all not ready at one point in time. Maybe you're just not there yet.

You aren't willing to put in the effort to do it. You're making excuses such as not being able to afford to eat less food. If you are married to the idea of the dollar menu, go once a day instead of twice. Or simply order fewer $1 items each time you go.

Yeah because my $5 a day I have to spend is obviously going to get me A TON at the grocery store

$5 a day is $35 a week and I could shop healthy on that. *shrug* How bad do you want it?

Pretty bad

This is going to sound rude, or crazy, or both, but: You know that you don't have to spend all your money at once, right?

I made 80$ a day. After bills I have to put money away for I have 5$ a day for food

And what do you normally spend that $5 on today, off of the dollar menu? Same thing every day? How many meals? Have you tried logging the calories of those foods? How does it compare to the calorie goal that MFP provides you, when you put in your stats and a goal?

I usually get a chicken wrap at 3pm and 8pm some times I have a bagel in the morning

You didn't get to be close to 300 lbs eating nothing but a chicken wrap twice a day and a bagel in the morning....

The chicken wraps are under 500 cals, and the bagel likely is as well. That's 1500 calories. What else are you eating/drinking?

Make sure to track this as well. Have you lost any weight since you started to try to lose weight? At 2,000 calories you should be losing weight. If you're not you're probably under-estimating what you're actually consuming and thus not losing weight. This is pretty common getting accurate with your tracking will help.
  • LahrysaTebo2015

Pretty bad

Ice cream and crystal light on an extreme financial budget?

I reiterate - it doesn't seem like you are serious about all of this.

I'm just starting. Literally haven't started yet. I can't eat for 72 hours so I'm starting friday. Obviously that's not what I will be consuming when I start
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Pretty bad

How do you afford that?
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Noel_57 wrote: »

Wino has seen the light. :/

What?
  • LahrysaTebo2015

Pretty bad

I'm just starting. Literally haven't started yet. I can't eat for 72 hours so I'm starting friday. Obviously that's not what I will be consuming when I start

Sigh. Why can't you eat for 72 hours?

Doesn't matter when you start - you said that your budget was $5/day and it was too expensive to diet. I'm simply pointing out that ice cream and crystal light are hardly "essential" items for someone who is on a budget. Doesn't matter whether you intend to keep eating them or not - you are eating them now.

I'm not the one buying it? And I have to drink a shake from the hospital every 8 hours for 72 hours
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    hlblakeley wrote: »
    I have a family of 5 that I have fed for as little as $125 for two weeks. Doing the math that's $25 per person for two weeks which is around $3.60 a day. The food I got for us included meat, beans, fresh and frozen fruit and vegies, rice, breads, peanut butter, jelly, pancake mix and syrup... you get the idea. It is possible to grocery shop on a very strict budget, and possible to loose weight on very tight budget. You can do it. Soups, stews, chili. Those can be made ahead, portioned and frozen or refrigerated and used all week. if you get paid daily, you can get several things for each day as well as get one "spread" item that can be used all week. For $5 you can get some canned pasta (chef boyaredee), a bag of beans/rice/potatoes, and some applesauce, or other canned fruit. Then the next day get a bag of apples/oranges 2 frozen meals (banquet usually is under a dollar) and maybe some bread. Build slowly and it will work.

Thank you
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    There's been a lot of good advice for you on here!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member

Pretty bad

Pretty bad

A grilled chicken wrap from McDonald's is 240 calories, a crispy chicken wrap is 310. A McDonald's bagel is 290 calories.

If you ate grilled wrap, a crispy wrap, and a bagel a day that is only 840 calories...

You have to be consuming more calories.
  • LahrysaTebo2015

Pretty bad

Sigh. Why can't you eat for 72 hours?

Doesn't matter when you start - you said that your budget was $5/day and it was too expensive to diet. I'm simply pointing out that ice cream and crystal light are hardly "essential" items for someone who is on a budget. Doesn't matter whether you intend to keep eating them or not - you are eating them now.

I'm not the one buying it? And I have to drink a shake from the hospital every 8 hours for 72 hours

So your financial situation is not as dire as you make it to be? If you have people buying you ice cream and crystal light they can buy you healthy food.

I buy my own food. My roommate always has a ton of ice cream because he takes it home from work. I have some. My work gives out crystal light samples. So I put it in my water