2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Replies

• BeastModeBeauty87
    BeastModeBeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, Im new and I would love to have a mentor give me guidance. My name is Rachel, I am a 29 year old wife and mother. I am a private caregiver/ CNA. I am currently 239lbs and my goal is to get down to 150lbs, hopefully to lose 4-5 per month. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!
  • keronkinara
    keronkinara Posts: 13 Member
    Hi. I'm 21, have 25 kg to lose and would like to be adopted.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    For all those looking to be adopted or wondering what the adoption is you just need to read the first post in this thread. You will see what mentors are actively looking and who to contact. :) Good luck on your fitness journey.
  • Randalicious91
    Randalicious91 Posts: 37 Member
    ADOPT MEEEEEEEEEEE
  • rosh124
    rosh124 Posts: 7 Member
    I would love to be adopted :smiley:
  • Alice_Figs
    Alice_Figs Posts: 12 Member
    I'm a noob! I'm 39, I don't cook so I think that's a challenge for me. I always eat out, my work is beside a mall. I can work out when shouted at
  • itwontletmehaveaname
    itwontletmehaveaname Posts: 18 Member
    ooh i want to be adopted!! help me im fat
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Happy to adopt, it'll help drive my own goals.

I'm 28 from the town of Horsham in the UK.
  • M_on_a_Mission
    M_on_a_Mission Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you so much in advance for reading this and for your support! I'm hoping to find a person who would be willing to be my accountability coach/mentor. I'm a 46YO female restarting my weight loss journey with about 40 lbs to lose. I currently weigh 184 lbs I don't really need to be coached as far as proper nutrition and the importance of exercise since I've been down this path before. I know what I "should" be eating and that I "should" be working out. If I don't have to answer to anyone, I don't. I have serious self esteem issues (always have) so I have a hard time asking people I know for help which is why I'm turning to strangers. Silly, I know, but it's the truth. Ultimately what I'd like is to find someone who I could connect with once or twice a week to message about how it's going, know that they are watching my diary so I stay on track with food, water, and exercise and be supportive yet not put up with my excuses. I look forward to hearing from someone. Thank you! M
  • ruthlessflower
    ruthlessflower Posts: 30 Member
    I want to be adopted!

28yrs old, living in the UK, working in London. I'm losing weight to hopefully have a better quality of life. I'd like to be a mother so this is really important to me. I need someone preferably with an awesome sense of humour and can motivate my sedentary *kitten*. Prefer someone on Keto so we can discuss recipes as well.
  • kell423
    kell423 Posts: 3 Member
    I would like a mentor if this is still an opportunity? I'm 19 and want to loose the fat on my belly and tone up. My eating habits are awful hence the wobble , i am fairly good with exercise despite an office job 8:30 - 5! I need motivation to stop eating the crap I am eating as I know thats what's holding me back. I've tried before on my own and it hasn't worked - i would purposely not track something i've eaten due to it being over my calories.. Need someone to make me log my food in and prompt me when i dont - usually due to me having a bad food day.. I dance, i go to the gym once / twice a week and i also go to a fitness class when i can get :)
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Log your food @kell423 and be honest or the cane comes out!
  • harringtonen
    harringtonen Posts: 41 Member
    Hi I'd like to be adopted? I'm 25 years old, 168lbs and I work an office job. I'd really like to find a happy medium for weight loss. I overdid it with the exercise so right now I can only do active rest and stretching until I get rid of the hip pain. It's been getting better over the last 2 days but I think I need advice on some low impact exercises to do and still work up a sweat.

My goals for food are harder to manage. I have a hard time sticking to the 1300 calorie diet. My goal is to include a vegetable with dinner and try to cut down on sweets. I am very honest in my food logging so I know the problem is the sugary sweets. I would love some guidance in how to gradually get better.
  • crystalhowes
    crystalhowes Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I would also love to have a mentor. I'm 33 years old, a mom to 2 boys, and a middle school teacher. I started trying to lose weight on 1/1/17 and so far I'm down 34 pounds. I've got about 100 pounds more to go to make it to my goal. I've been following a strict diet and tracking my steps with a fitbit. I just signed up for my first fitness class at my local Y just this evening. I would love to have someone to help keep me accountable.
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    I AM UP FOR ADOPTION !!!!!!! lol please do what you need to kick butt and hold me accountable for my own actions on this journey ! I need to know what I am doing wrong to not get any where!! Thank you
  • nidhinid
    nidhinid Posts: 3 Member
    ann_huss wrote: »
    I would love somebody to "adopt" me.
    I just found this app a few days ago but I love it so much I already signed up for the premium membership.

Here's a bit about me.
    29 year old female.
    210lbs....5' 7"
    Goal to lose 60 lbs or more before June.

I ran cross country in high school, and I enjoyed running then. Still do, but it's a lot harder now.

I should also state that I have hypothyroidism which does make it harder to lose, but I'm willing to work my *kitten* off. Just kind of need a cheerleader or something.

i totally relate to you. i am 30 yr old female. i enjoyed weight lifting and running, but its a lot harder now.. i too have hypothyroidism. and in need of a cheerleader.. :-)
  • cecelia2017
    cecelia2017 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    so basically i'm looking to be "adopted" i'm starting at a very high weight i'm 23 and 19.12 stone, and plan to be active 6 days a week starting next week. soooooooooo yeah :)
  • Laska444
    Laska444 Posts: 4 Member
    I would be interested in having a mentor. I just joined MFP two days ago. I am also new to the Paleo lifestyle. I'm a college student (21) and also work, my time is limited, but I can always make time to better myself! I'm looking for someone to help me fit fitness into my lifestyle and introduce me to certain routines that target weight loss. I'm 5'3" and currently fluctuate between 137 and 140, I'd love to be 120-125. Not really looking to build muscle, more of just losing weight and having a lean body.
  • harringtonen
    harringtonen Posts: 41 Member
    I would love to be adopted! I've been doing MFP for about 11 days and I am starting to realize just how difficult it is. I struggle with eating 1200 calorie sweets and eating vegetables. I gained 45lbs in the past year and my goal is to lose 35 of it.
  • nixxy117
    nixxy117 Posts: 3 Member
    I would love to find a mentor as well! I'm 23 years old, about 5'4, and can't tell ya how much I weight at the moment cause I've been too scared to get back on that scale. At my heaviest in college, I was 230lbs. I got down to 187 and swore that I'd never let myself see a 2 in the first spot of that number again, but I've fallen off the wagon and am likely somewhere around 200lbs again. I'm making a big move to start graduate school in August and am worried that if I don't start up some good habits again and get my weight loss journey back on track now, then I definitely won't be able to keep it up once I become overwhelmed with school and living in a new city. I'm not sure what's realistic but I'd like to try to lose 50lbs by the end of the year.

Add me if you're looking for someone to mentor/adopt or if you're looking for an accountability partner!
This discussion has been closed.