Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Sunday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water. :smile: I even got to enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner, which made my day! :wink:
    2. Meet step goal. :wink: This was a bit of a challenge, but I made it. We did end up taking a walk in the rain, because it was kind of a gray day all day here.
    3. Do some stretching exercises. :frowning: Forgot to do these! Boo!
    4. Do one other kind of exercise. :frowning: Ditto!
    5. Spend quality time with the family. :smiley:

Monday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water.
    2. Meet my step goal.
    3. Do stretching! This is very important!
    4. Do one other type of exercise.
    5. Do some sewing.

Have a great day!
  • dph118
    @Oconnell5483 I'm not sure how to replay directly to someone's post. I scan the bar code through the MFP app. When you click to add food, and choose your course (dinner, for example) there is a bar code icon in the upper right corner. Just click on that icon and you can scan bar codes.

If you click on Quote, this will allow you to reply to someone's post. You can erase whatever you don't want to appear if you don't want to quote the entire post. Thanks for the tip on scanning bar codes, I didn't realize you could do this either.
  • dph118
    air103 wrote: »
    My day 1 - April 17:
    Eat salad
    Go to gym class
    Weigh myself and take first day photos so I can see my results!
    Log my food!

Welcome to the group! I should have taken that photo as well!
  • dph118
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So I said I'd post my goals this morning.
    I've already walked the dog and I took a picture because I know you all love to see a picture :sweat_smile:

Love the photo! It looks like a great area for a walk and now you have one happy pooch! :wink:
  • ellengiller
    ellengiller Posts: 16 Member
    For 4/17;
    1- stay enough below my calorie range so I can enjoy a small piece of cake for my 8-year old's birthday, and not hurt her feelings.

2- do a 30-min yoga practice on YouTube or independently
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    edited April 2017
    For 4/17;
    1- stay enough below my calorie range so I can enjoy a small piece of cake for my 8-year old's birthday, and not hurt her feelings.

2- do a 30-min yoga practice on YouTube or independently

How long have you been doing yoga? I tried it for the first time yesterday and I'm unbelievably unbalanced! Does it help with balance?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I've already walked the dog and I took a picture because I know you all love to see a picture :sweat_smile:
    6B72A998-13BF-4BA9-98D5-B24A4C8E406E_zpsaa3yvqgg.jpg

WOW - this is beautiful! I'd walk everyday with a view like that! Thank you for sharing! (by the way - how do you post pictures? I cannot figure out how to do this?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I am SO off track -- my weight is up 4 lbs in 1 week. So even though we are crazy busy getting ready to leave posting short goals:

1. log all food
    2. carry my water bottle with me
    3. eat smaller portions
    4. keep focused
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    6B72A998-13BF-4BA9-98D5-B24A4C8E406E_zpsaa3yvqgg.jpg

WOW - this is beautiful! I'd walk everyday with a view like that! Thank you for sharing! (by the way - how do you post pictures? I cannot figure out how to do this?

It's 5 minute walk away from my house lol!
    That's where I walk at 6.30 am.. they days I do go anyway!

For posting pictures I use the Photobucket app. Upload whatever photo I want on that, then click the 'i' symbol and it comes up with 4 different codes.. for MFP you want the one that starts with [ IMG
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Busy weekend, I haven't logged a thing since Sat. a.m. This thread was the first thing I caught up on. It keeps me grounded in one day at a time. Great job, everyone, for continuing to hang in there! As @Bex953172 reminds herself and us, strive for progress, not perfection. So true! :smile:

Recap Sat. 3/15
    1) When filling Easter baskets with candy, do NOT eat - at first success, then not :s
    2) Drink 8 - 10 c. water...busy days, haven't had enough, lips / skin feeling dried out - not sure :|
    3) Get to bed early - Easter Sunday 7:45 service, choir there 7:20 - I think so, can't remember, but I wasn't late Sunday morning :smiley:

No goals for Easter Sunday, except drink water and enjoy day with family in town. Wonderful day with church services (what a blessing!) and 11 family members in town. We even took family photos outside, a rarity at Easter-time! I ate what I wanted, and did not take seconds of anything. Drank several adult beverages (beer, wine) instead of water, didn't log a bite/swallow and don't feel the least bit guilty. :p

Sister and SIL were sweethearts and washed/dried all the dishes, pots & pans, I just had to store leftovers and put the clean dishes in the proper cupboard. <3

Monday = vacation day to rest up from all the cleaning, prepping and fun times. Kind of went a little overboard with remaining Easter candy (not horrible but bad enough) and leftovers from Easter dinner. Still not logging food or drinking enough water. At least I walked dog 3.58 miles, then helped prep for a funeral luncheon at church, so got >15,000 steps today.

Back to work Tuesday, and will start logging everything again. I was maintaining last week, probably should step on the scale in a.m. to scare myself. Just for T 3/18:
    1) Drink 10 c. water or more
    2) During webinar at noon, pace in office
    3) Walk dog after work (remember weekly goal)
    4) Pack lunch for W
    5) Floss...yes, I need to start over, again <sigh>
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Bit of an over eating weekend - went a bit overboard with Easter chocolate! Back on the wagon today....

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks outside meals
    - Be restrained with free lunch - no crisps or sweet things
    - Choose healthy option for dinner
    - Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the pub tonight
    - One beer only; rest G&T

- Get outside for quick walk
    - Stay positive (listen to music)
    - Be productive - no procrastinating!
  • dph118
    Monday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water. :smile:
    2. Meet my step goal. :smile:
    3. Do stretching! This is very important! :angry: Missed this again, grrr!
    4. Do one other type of exercise. :smile:
    5. Do some sewing. :smiley: Yes, finally got that in!

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Have a green day. Remember, weigh in is tomorrow!
    2. Meet my step goal.
    3. Stretch! Stretch! Stretch!
    4. Do one other type of exercise.
    5. Get household chores done.

Am having a bad day today already. My joints are giving me a lot of grief, so may not do #4 today. Will see how I do. I am hoping my pain level gets down to a more manageable level, really need to fit that stretching in today as I think it will really help with the joint/back pain. It doesn't help that it got really cold and was snowing today!

Hope you are all doing well. Have an awesome day!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Goals for today:
    Get snow tires removed
    Strength training exercises
    Keep working on the office clutter
    Practice one hour
    Do some gardening--beautiful here today
    More water
    Stay in the green for calories and sugar
    Have a great day everyone!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    @dph118: Sorry to hear about the snow! We're having lovely weather here in western Pennsylvania--a great time to be outside. Redbud is in full bloom, daffodils are still nice, bluebirds are building a nest (I think) in my bluebird box.

Am having a bad day today already. My joints are giving me a lot of grief, so may not do #4 today. Will see how I do. I am hoping my pain level gets down to a more manageable level, really need to fit that stretching in today as I think it will really help with the joint/back pain. It doesn't help that it got really cold and was snowing today!

Hope you are all doing well. Have an awesome day![/quote]

• dph118
    @asclepsia Glad to hear you are having beautiful weather out your way. I think the cold weather is only supposed to last a couple of days. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • dph118
    @cschmitz110515 great job on those steps!
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Haven't been on in a few days but been logging food at least.. here's my jft
    1. Use my cute new water bottle container that says "be a goal digger"
    2. Stretch :) haven't in a while and definitely missed it plus haven't had my range of motion
    3. Stay within 200 calories of my limit.
    4. Smile.
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    I've been catching up on posts as I've been down and out with some sort of bug for a few days. Back at it!

JFTuesday
    - log everything
    - refill water bottle at least 3 times at work
    - stay within calories
    - in bed with screens out at 8:30.

OK, that may be all I can muster today.

Happy Tuesday, ladies!
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    JFT-already exercised
    Drink water
    No sugar
    I really need to stay in track. It seems like the scale keeps going up and down every day. I am struggling to stick with it!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    wendyron3 wrote: »
    JFT-already exercised
    Drink water
    No sugar
    I really need to stay in track. It seems like the scale keeps going up and down every day. I am struggling to stick with it!

I think many of us have been really struggling lately! Must be something in the air. I had to sit down and really think about why I am doing this so I could get my perspective focused on what I ultimately want the end result to be. It's all about baby steps for me. One day at a time, one meal at a time. What I find positive about your post is that the scale does go down for you!!! Even if it goes up, it comes back down! That's a big thing right there! My scale has not gone down in a few weeks...so there's that...yeah. *sigh*

Have a great day!