Amflautist's accountability thread

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    That's one thing i noticed right away was the sleep, i hadn't noticed before how often i woke up throughout the night.
    Knee pain sucks, 2 years ago I fell while attempting to swing on a root lol and ever since then, my one knee always wants to bow out.
    Good luck with your walk :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    OMAD
    1st Goal = 172 (weight when I wrecked my knee)
    Wk .. Weight ... Chg ... Total
    0 .... 195.8
    1 .... 193.8 ..... -2.0 ..... -2.0
    2 .... 191.4 ..... -2.4 ..... -4.4
    3 .... 190.0 ..... -1.4 ..... -5.8

Too many evenings of broken promises to myself. Not just eating, but eating things I don't want to have in my life anymore. The only successful evenings were the ones when I left the living room (where husband was eating his dinner and watching TV), avoided the kitchen (where the counters were covered with food), and went into my bedroom to read a book. I am not yet strong. But I WILL BE!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You are losing and that's great, hang in there you can do this!!! Happy Easter :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I know how you feel, kinda. Dislocated my knee when I already weighed 324lbs, then ballooned to 363 in the year it took for my knee to recuperate. I was always big, but usually closer to 260 then that. I was ashamed and used everything as an excuse. I just gave up. Going OMAD was the best thing I did. It jump started my weight loss. I lost 64 lbs just being OMAD with no exercise. I'm now starting to implement exercise.
  • amflautist
    Thank you. Your story encourages me. Sometimes I feel that old ladies aren't expected to do these things, and so we give up. I don't want to give up.
  • amflautist
    Woohoo! In the 180's this morning. Now just have to hold that until official weigh in tomorrow.
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    Woohoo! In the 180's this morning. Now just have to hold that until official weigh in tomorrow.

Great job!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Nice, Amflautist! You've got this!!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome :smiley:
  • shans34
    Stay strong! You're doing great
  • Brendalea69

Yahoo!!! KUTGW!!! :)
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member

Yayyyyyyy!!!! Party Party!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    :D congratulations!!!! We're all here rooting for you x
  • amflautist
    edited April 2017
    OMAD
    0 .... 195.8
    4 .... 188.2 ..... -1.8 ..... -7.6
    Coming along... Still need to conquer certain evenings when I cave to bread with butter, cheese and jam.
    However, I successfully managed 2 46-hour water fasts in the past week. Skipping one day is not a problem, but I might need to send DH on a trip to manage two water days in a row.

Today will be a challenge for me. Yesterday we had a garden party, and I ate my own food after everyone left. That's the problem - I love my own cooking. I ate late in the evening yesterday, and I'm up 0.2 on the scales this morning. Now I have to go into the kitchen, finish cleaning up, then make soup out of the ramps and asparagus I bought yesterday. I am writing this down because I want to make myself stronger and more accountable.

I'm so lucky I found this group, and so very grateful to everyone for support! It really makes a difference.
  • Brendalea69
    Thats great on the water fasts and losing 7.6 pounds in 4 weeks is excellent!!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Wow, what a great month for you!! And, nicely done on your fasts. :-)
  • shans34
    You are doing a great job!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Woohoo! You did so good! KUTGW :smiley:
  • amflautist
    OMAD
    0 .... 195.8
    4 .... 188.2 ..... -1.8 ..... -7.6
    5 .... 192.4 ..... +4.2 ..... -3.4

Evenings. Crackers and butter. Bread and jam. Ashamed of myself.
  • Brendalea69
    It's ok, it's just a little set back just get right back to plan, you can do this :)