Who watched "fat sick and nearly dead"?

Lizzypb88
Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
I just watched it on Netflix and it was very interesting!!! I'm just genuinely curious- what do you all think of fasting for a few days, does it really help to detoxify or are you doing more harm than good? And won't you just end up gaining that weight back once you go back to your "regular" diet routine?
Other than that it was really eye opening how big of an issue obesity is and how others see themselves, very interesting!

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    I watched the movie ages ago and I have to wonder what that guy is up to now... no way you could live on juice long term. I have no problem with fasting for a day or so here and there but I personally don't because I would be at risk of a fast-binge cycle which makes no sense for my goals.

I recently watched a documentary on Netflix called food choices and he was on it. he's still fit but eats a normal plant based diet these days :)

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2017
    ebaroldy wrote: »
    I just watched it on Netflix and it was very interesting!!! I'm just genuinely curious- what do you all think of fasting for a few days,
    I see nothing wrong with the occasional break from eating. As long as it does not lead to a disordered eating pattern...
    does it really help to detoxify
    Don't know. We do have a liver that does that job nicely as long as we take care of it...
    or are you doing more harm than good?
    The occasional break from eating is harmless...
    And won't you just end up gaining that weight back once you go back to your "regular" diet routine?
    Yes you will if you eat too much. Eating responsibly is necessary regardless of how or what you choose to eat...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    It's not the diet itself, it's the fact that you lost weight.

For the win...
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I've had the mean green juice and it is the most horrible thing I've ever ingested in my life. And I don't know how juice could possibly satisfy hunger. Though I do shakes for two meals and that does help my hunger, but those shakes are high in protein. Juice has neither protein nor fiber (as the fiber is eliminated when juicing) and protein and fiber are what make me feel less hungry.