Dajoloehrs journey

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    7ftwfbxyus2j.jpeg
    My latest snack obsession :)
    Air popped ( without oil) popcorn with honey/cinnamon/brown sugar tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios :yum:
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Someday I must try this!!! :p
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I loved reading through your thread. I will keep coming to see how things are going.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    @dajoloehr Yay for popcorn! I'm holding out for real butter, however.
  • dajoloehr
    I'm pretty frustrated with myself right now :( April is almost over and It looks like its going to end with a little gain. I'm frustrated because I'm so good at pumping myself up and coming up with goals and plans, then I fail, sometimes miserably. Yesterday was one of those days and so was Thursday. I hate being a downer and eating bad definitely adds to it yet I continue to repeat this cycle. I also noticed yesterday that I'm losing muscle, which make me even more frustrated.I feel like a broken record saying this, pretty much every month lol, so this has got to stop.
    Today I'm starting low carb, I know Saturday is a weird day to start but I cannot wait, my insides hate me from the last 2 days and my brain is working overtime pointing out all the mistakes Ive made and way to solve them. I'm hoping this gets me to where I want to be, OMAD is so simple and I love it, so I'm hoping that with this combo Ill have success.
  • amflautist
    Look at this positively - you've just mastered maintenance! I see from your already-outstanding weight loss that you've mastered the first part of the shorter (loss) part of the equation. So now you are prepped to pull up your socks and master the other half. Yay, you've got this!!!

P.S. Cute kid beside you in your pic!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2017
    You have been doing a great job! If you look the journals of others, you'll see they had gains, losses, weeks with nothing one way or the other. You are still here, which means you are still fighting. Please make peace with yourself that these things happen. Maybe make yourself a weight chart like others are doing (I just started, btw)? You can then see how far you've come despite any gains you've had.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Don't let the frustration set you back. A bit of a gain is overcomable. You can do it. Have faith in yourself.
  • dajoloehr
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Are you still trying to do biking?
  • dajoloehr
    Yea that's the one thing I've stuck to, 4 days a week.
  • dajoloehr
    Did my first low carb dinner tonight for game night. Turkey meatloaf with chicken bacon ceaser salad and a couple pieces of Monterey Jack cheese. I had a small 10oz version of the coffee I normally have everyday (20oz) and it had 11g of carbs! lol so there goes my coffee lol good thing the weather is getting warm so coffee isn't so tempting. Even with that I did 19net carbs :) I might have more food later since this will be a late night, but I'll stick to 0carb food, I also prefilled 2 x 1.5L bottles of water so it's readily at hand.
  • Brendalea69
    Don't give up and I hope by doing low carb you'll start losing again o:)
  • dajoloehr
    I don't know if it has anything to do with eating low carbs yesterday, but I woke up feeling a little dehydration headache which is odd since I drank almost 2L more than normal. My jaw is a little stiff to do it might just be that, I have TMJ :( but other than that I feel great. I tried experimenting with my normal protein coffee to make it lower in carb, I still came up with 8g and it didn't taste too great so I only drank half. I was tempted to try bulletproof coffee but all we have is salted butter and I don't think that would taste great lol.
    My husband went to his first 3-D archery competition(fun one) so I'm missing my normal dog park walk, since he has the car. I'm working on getting my son to go for a bike ride, but it's only 8am he's still pokemoning lol
    Hope everyone's having a great weekend :smile:
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I'm pretty frustrated with myself right now :( April is almost over and It looks like its going to end with a little gain. I'm frustrated because I'm so good at pumping myself up and coming up with goals and plans, then I fail, sometimes miserably. Yesterday was one of those days and so was Thursday. I hate being a downer and eating bad definitely adds to it yet I continue to repeat this cycle. I also noticed yesterday that I'm losing muscle, which make me even more frustrated.I feel like a broken record saying this, pretty much every month lol, so this has got to stop.
    Today I'm starting low carb, I know Saturday is a weird day to start but I cannot wait, my insides hate me from the last 2 days and my brain is working overtime pointing out all the mistakes Ive made and way to solve them. I'm hoping this gets me to where I want to be, OMAD is so simple and I love it, so I'm hoping that with this combo Ill have success.

Let frustration motivate you, not consume you. xxx You're a lot better than what you used to be. This is what I tell myself as well when I'm frustrated because it's true. If you were adding x pounds per year and you've managed to stop gained you're already made a lot of progress in your life.

For example, if you usually gain average 10 pounds a year and this year you have gained none, wow you've actually lost 10 pounds which would have been a likely gain

Now you have not only halted your weight gain, but you've also lost a lot of weight. WOWzers! That's even better!

You had a bad month (which isnt over yet)... lets make this month even better by trying our best :)
  • Brendalea69
    When i first started doing low carb I would get headaches and sometimes nauseous but my body finally got used to it and drinking lots of water will help...I hope you get to go for that bike ride :)
  • dajoloehr
    edited April 2017
    @brendagaudette I did get to go for a bike ride today :) my son and I ride for awhile, then I noticed his tire was flat, so luckily we were really close to my work at that point so we walked over and called my husband (I'm one of the few people without a cell phone) and he came to our rescue :relaxed:
  • amflautist
    Gosh, zero carb. Sounds hard!!! I hope you adjust quickly. Biking - YES!! Wonderful!!
  • dajoloehr
    Had a nice but steep hike with my husband today, took 3hours(round trip) and we only made it half way lol but we had yo get back up pick my son up from school. This is a panoramic from the lookout we stopped at. 6nrlde8jqxo8.jpeg
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Beautiful view!!!