Shans OMAD journal

shans34
shans34 Posts: 535 Member
Day 1:
So truthfully, I have been doing this a while. I just found this group.
Today has been a good day. I started the c25k program (couch to run 5k). I enjoyed it. It was challenging, invigorating and empowering! I'm hoping it will help with my weight loss.
My fiancé said to me this weekend that I would need to be a skeleton to fit in his pants. So that's my new challenge. I'm super competitive, don't challenge me!
My meal tonight is a chicken burger patty with salsa and cheese on it. I'm siding it with mushroom rice and coleslaw.
Yummy! Time to eat!
*oh side note: I will usually eat my meal between 3-5pm. Depends on the day and what's going on.
Weight on scale is currently 287. I weigh in Fridays!

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    edited April 2017
    Welcome!!!

Ohhhh i love a good challenge so I'm totally rooting for you :)<3
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2017
    Way to go! I am waiting until I get down to the 170s before attempting Couch to 5k ever again. A few years back when I tried, I started off okay, but a week or so in I developed plantars fasciitis and tried to "tough it out" a couple more weeks. Ended up not being able to workout or even go for walks for months trying to heal it. Figured my feet and knees aren't capable withstanding the shock of my 213 pound body so I'm not going there this time until I've lost quite a bit of weight, at the very least until I'm out of the obese range. lol Best to you! :-)

128121576.png
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    You have already lost 64 pounds!! That's fantastic!! I love a super competitive lass. Welcome to this group.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You are doing really great and I admire your motivation. I would caution you though about the couch to 5k. I've run a lot in the past having run track in high school and college and several years after college. Then I had a lot of health problems and got fat. I've tried numerous comebacks with running and I've injured myself numerous times cause I was too heavy. If a person is more than 50lbs overweight (for a guy - probably less for a women), I would not recommend running at all. I think walking, and no more than 3xweek would be good, but that can even be overdone and it is easy to strain something. Stationary biking and swimming are much more forgiving. Just my 2-cents worth but this is comming from a fair amount of experience. Good luck!
  • shans34
    Day 2:
    I still have a long way to go weight wise. I'm still considered morbidly obese despite feeling better then I have in years.
    I got some dancing and speed walking in today so far. I still aim to do some yoga and weights today.
    My meal today will be BBQ chicken thigh, BBQ potatoes and string beans. I ended up eating a quick sandwich this morning. I logged and plan to keep going.
    One thing about me is that I'm very impatient. I know what I want and having to wait to get it is not my strong suit. Unfortunately there are no miracles for weight loss. It all takes time. Patients has to be part of my weight loss arsenal.
    It's not easy, but my goals are attainable. My next weight goal is to make 260lbs. That's 27lbs away. So here I go!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You shouldn't be exercising until your closer to your goal weight, but walking should be fine...I only walk and I didn't start doing that until I was close to goal :)
  • shans34
    You shouldn't be exercising until your closer to your goal weight, but walking should be fine...I only walk and I didn't start doing that until I was close to goal :)

Just curious, what's the logic to not exercising until closer to goal? Isn't it supposed to go hand in hand. Diet + exercise = weight loss?
  • Brendalea69
    shans34 wrote: »

Just curious, what's the logic to not exercising until closer to goal? Isn't it supposed to go hand in hand. Diet + exercise = weight loss?

Read this thread, Joe explains it well :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10110165/the-truth-about-exercise-at-a-calorie-deficit#latest
  • shans34
    Day 3:
    Doing really good today. Drinking coffee and water. I enjoyed a good run/walk intervals this morning. About 3 miles covered. Doing a lot of general cleaning and stuff at home to keep busy.
    My meal today will be fully loaded homemade nachos. I'm excited for dinner as I already have it prepped.
    All in all feeling pretty good. I have other stresses on my mind but again, just trying to keep busy.
  • shans34
    Day 4: crazy day!
    Lost my wallet today! Had over $800 in it. Panicked, cried, panicked some more. Thank god a Good Samaritan found it and returned it, all the money inside. Refused a reward.
    Exercise is a bit less today, though walking is on point as I have a *kitten* load of stuff to do.
    My meal today is a Caesar salad and a smart one Santa Fe rice and beans. Not enough calories, but whatever!
    I want a rematch on today!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    shans34 wrote: »
    Day 4: crazy day!
    Lost my wallet today! Had over $800 in it. Panicked, cried, panicked some more. Thank god a Good Samaritan found it and returned it, all the money inside. Refused a reward.
    Exercise is a bit less today, though walking is on point as I have a *kitten* load of stuff to do.
    My meal today is a Caesar salad and a smart one Santa Fe rice and beans. Not enough calories, but whatever!
    I want a rematch on today!

Good day it is today then... Enjoy your meal..
  • Brendalea69
    What a blessing getting your wallet back with all the money o:)
  • shans34
    What a blessing getting your wallet back with all the money o:)

Yes I agree. I was freaking out. My fiancé called me and I was crying so hard! To think I lost a weeks worth of money!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'ts nice when people look out for each other!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Heartening that there still are good people in this world. I'm sorry it was so stressful for you before your wallet was returned. May the rest of the month be happy and successful for you.
  • shans34
    Day 4:
    Missed my run this morning. Had an exam for my last year of university and then had to go renew my stickers for my lisence plate. Sucks! I want my run!
    Today's meal is steak, baked potato and Caesar salad.
    Feeling: miserable. I hate being rushed and I am. My fault should've done something different yesterday! Ughhh
  • shans34
    Oh forgot to add:
    04/21/17
    Sw: 287
    Cw: 285
    Inches lost: .5 all around!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Congrats on losing half and inch. That's a lot!

Good luck for your exam results! What are you studying? :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Nice job on your loss! Also glad to read you got your wallet back. Sorry you missed your run today, try not to beat yourself up about it though, you're doing great!
  • Brendalea69
    Don't feel miserable, you're doing great!!! :)