Do Really Need Breakfast?

Do I really need breakfast early in the morning even i'm not hungry like in my other meals at lunch and dinner. I'm stay at home this summer and I'm trying to experiment on meal and snack times.

Replies

• ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Nope, do what works for you.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    No, but I can follow a deficit or surplus lan easier if the calories are spread out. Plus I like breakfast foods and those are by far the cheapest for me at grocery store compared to other meals.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 694 Member
    No, but I can follow a deficit or surplus lan easier if the calories are spread out. Plus I like breakfast foods and those are by far the cheapest for me at grocery store compared to other meals.

nothing wrong with having your omlet, Kodiak cakes, oatmeal or whatever at 2pm or for dinner or whatever time in the day. Love me breakfast foods too. Had a lean turkey guacamole egg in a hole for dinner other night
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    Nope. I almost never eat breakfast and I've lost 130lbs. That whole "most important meal of the day" was, from what I've read, just part of a 1944 marketing campaign launched by Grape Nuts manufacturer General Foods to sell more cereal.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Yes. I eat it every morning. Your mind is much more alert w it.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    My body isn't ready to eat for at least 4 hours after I wake up so technically my first meal or food to "break" my "fast" is lunch and even then I'm not ready to eat heavy until later in the day just before dinnertime around 5 or 6.
  • Jen127bryan
    Jen127bryan Posts: 43 Member
    I work with with a batiatric surgeon and the dietician who I work with says breakfast is very important and it affects the way your metabolism works and your energy level.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Back in the day when I used to eat breakfast, I'd be hungry for the rest of the day. I don't eat until lunch time now, I'm not hungry before then and I generally eat less overall. Breakfast is not needed and in fact many people find skipping breakfast helps them lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    Yes. I eat it every morning. Your mind is much more alert w it.
    According to?
    If you have an ample supply of glycogen in the body, you should be just fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2017
    ljlt6mhchbu3.jpg

Note that by "Advanced" in the middle section, he's speaking of bodybuilders who are at/near their genetic potential and/or highly competitive elite athletes. Basically, if you have to ask if you're "advanced", you're not.

And by "extreme fat loss" in the left section, he's speaking of people who are already very lean and trying to reach extremely lean bodyfat levels (like competitive bodybuilders in pre-contest prep). Having an average (or below) physique and trying to fit into your summer bathing suit or wedding dress isn't an "extreme fat loss" goal.
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    "extreme fat loss"

If metabolism isn't affected why is important the frecuency? It's because with the few calories they're consuming can't stand a hard excercise session if they haven't eaten?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    It is for me or I get really grumpy and snappy >:)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I get up every morning around 5:00 or so and don't have anything except tea with fat free half and half until around 1:00 or 2:00 every day. I also run at least 3 miles every morning.

I'm simply not hungry in the morning and the earlier I eat, the earlier my appetite gets switched on. I homeschool my son and have no trouble concentrating on teaching him and focusing.

OP, if you're not hungry, don't eat. Save your calories for later. A lot of people are natural breakfast-delayers.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    When I was at bariatrics, I was told the same thing. I know however the first time I lost 87 pounds I did not eat breakfast. I am hypothyroid and have to wait to eat after I take my meds. I would take my meds then go to work and at my first break around 9:30a I would eat a snack and then eat my lunch later. This worked well for me until I broke my shoulder and became totally inactive and didn't watch what I ate. Probably ate breakfast too, lol.
  • kcerica
    kcerica Posts: 13 Member
    Do what works for you. I find that when I have some protein in the morning I eat better all day. It took a lot of food journaling to figure that out for me.