Going Down Under_Vegan OMAD Style

AmyOMAD
AmyOMAD Posts: 25 Member
Coffee ☑
Laptop ☑
Sanity ☑ (so far...)

215.6 lb... 4/17/17 OMAD SW

A little About Me to get us started:

Hello there! My name is Amy. I am a mom, a wife, and a homemaker. I turn 39 next month and before I get any further, I need to give a big shout out to the BIG 4 0. Yes that's right, I'm coming for you like a storm this year, get ready!!! Keep reading to find out why...

I have HUGE things currently pulling on my time and my emotional being. I find myself needing to focus on life outside of food and dieting, but at the same time lose weight. LOL, that seems impossible sounding, I know, but I have to believe that OMAD is the way to peel two carrots at once! Making a permanent move to Australia, selling my house, and clearing out decades of personal/family possessions into a few suitcases is rather traumatic to say the least. All of this needing done inside of the next 3 months, mind you. I have to do it though, because I chose it and now the ball is rolling with or without me. So let's tackle the emotions...

To start, I have 30 years experience dieting and losing weight. Somehow though, without fail, I typically self-sabotage into sliding backwards. I let things get to me, little things, big things, I am your typical emotional eater and yo-yo dieter. That's why I am grateful that MFP has found it's way into my life because I really need a helping hand. Now, more than ever, I find myself in the most stressful position I have ever faced.

It makes sense to track successes and failures, no doubt, and the way to stay that course is through Community. I had huge success 5 years ago when I submerged myself into Vegan Facebook Journal groups, so I know it works. I had a 60lb loss. Unfortunately though I turned that loss into an 80 lb gain and have been hanging out ever since between 230-240lbs.

So here we go :smile: I am plunging myself back into a social group to get, and hopefully give, the support to make it work. I am determined to lose my extra weight and get myself ready to shift gears into a completely different lifestyle on the other side of the world. I have extreme heat and humidity to face. I have going back into the workforce to face. And I have to face living outside of my safe little bubble to enter a culture that is outdoor physical and social dominant. Losing weight is an absolute MUST and I look forward to shedding possessions and social anxiety while doing so. I am excited, I am terrified, I am ready...

Thank you for reading my initial story! There's a lot more to come so adding me as a friend would be awesome.

Amy

PS
in regards to my vegan diet, I grew up and have eaten an OMNI diet for most of my years. I promise I am not one of those crazy dogmatic preachy vegans. :smiley: I mention it in my titles and headings for those doing specific searches. I won't judge anyone else's choices.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Amy :)
  • AmyOMAD
    Welcome Amy :)

Thank you!
  • AmyOMAD
    5'5"... height
    215.6lb... SW
    140-160lb... GW
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2017
    Amy, I loved reading your introduction. I can relate to you on so many levels from being yourself first, then a mom, a wife, and a homemaker to being an emotional eater whether something small or big happens, as well as the same height and current weight! Wish I turning the big 4-0, your attitude about it soon approaching is awesome. I'm an omni, but I love many vegan and vegetarian dishes.

Virtual hugs your way and best to you on your journey!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You have a great attitude and desire. You also have a plan. Now just work it and I'm sure you will succeed. I'm sure the OMAD plan is feasable so if you stick with it (you don't have to be perfect about it but just keep trying) you will succeed! Good luck.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I think you are going to he successful! Sounds like you are fully committed.
  • AmyOMAD
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You have a great attitude and desire. You also have a plan. Now just work it and I'm sure you will succeed. I'm sure the OMAD plan is feasable so if you stick with it (you don't have to be perfect about it but just keep trying) you will succeed! Good luck.

I hope so! So far the plan has been to log into MFP everyday, lol. This week though I started presetting and logging my OMAD meals the night before. I don't want surprises the next day at the last moment when I'm not thinking straight and just want to dig in. I only made one last minute change due to having a bad spring sinus attack. Had to dig a ready made pizza out of the freezer. :wink:
  • AmyOMAD
    amflautist wrote: »
    I think you are going to he successful! Sounds like you are fully committed.

Thanks, I am. I feel it deep down. And MFP has certainly been a way to help me focus. I got rid of my other social media accounts, shut them down in January. I need all the clarity I can get. I was diagnosed with ADD several years ago. Honestly though, I really think that is just a symptom of my current lifestyle and old diet.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's a good idea to plan your meal the night before, I do that too but I don't log it in :p