Your Daily Beverages

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Brewing the bitter coffee I have is really enjoyable if I add some cinnamon to the grounds, it takes the bitterness away.

Discovered that dandelion tea with 2 tbsp of cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of honey makes it taste quite a bit like lemonade! Let tea seep with the ingredients added, then add to a glass of ice!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I just do mine with a few Splenda packets. Sorry. I'm no help! lol
  • wsandy8512
    I just do mine with a few Splenda packets. Sorry. I'm no help! lol

LOL. Well, I used the honey for my caloric drink with lunch :-)

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    edited April 2017
    I've been reading research papers again. There is evidence that ACV (or acetic acid) does good things for you and your diet! The research is unequivocal. In the research, the rats & the people were all given ACV along with their meal. The research showed that ACV lowers glucose levels when taken with a meal. (Not sure what it does if taken hours away from a meal.) Soldier on everyone!

Then, since I am not in any ACV mood, I wondered if lemon juice (citric acid) would do the same thing. The only research I could find on ACV (acetic acid) vs lemon juice (citric acid), was a paper on chicken feeding. The researchers were trying to figure out a way to enhance the weight gain of chickens, now that antibiotics (which are given for weight gain) are no longer desirable. They fed some chickens feed+acetic_acid, some feed+citric_acid, and of course there was a control group. Guess what - the chickens who were fed citric acid gained more weight than the other groups! Now this study was not controlled for total calories, as most studies would be. The chickens ate as chickens will do. Nonetheless, it can be said that chickens given feed+citric_acid will either eat more, or they will gain more on the same # calories.

So that settles it for me, I'm not going the citric acid route.
  • shaeliya
    shaeliya Posts: 5 Member
    I put 3 tbsp ACV in a 16 ounce glass of water, add one scoop food grade vitamin C, put in 10 drops of fulvic micro minerals, swallow it down with B Complex raw food tabs, zinc, Vitamin K, Vitamin D3, and 4 hydrochloric acid tabs, because I discovered I was vitamin B12 deficient, am a senior citizen and 20% of us don't have enough HCI in our stomachs to properly digest B12. I drink half of it before my meal and half after, and after that I dissolve a B12 tab under my tongue.
  • IFThinElse
    IFThinElse Posts: 1 Member
    pre-meal part of the day (wake to 5pm)...have no issues waiting to eat, drinking coffee/water, not snacking/grazing, etc.

post-meal part of the day(5:30pm to bed)...the desire to extend the eating window on through the evening hits me several days per week. i still want to eat basically to a binge and the drinks don't seem to be as much of a help then.

any thoughts? are there things that you do to strictly cut off eating after the omad? does drinking juice at dinner possibly curb the post-meal cravings?
  • wsandy8512
    IFThinElse wrote: »

any thoughts? are there things that you do to strictly cut off eating after the omad? does drinking juice at dinner possibly curb the post-meal cravings?

You can always widen your eating window. Anything you have to do to help yourself not binge--unless you want a binge day once in a while, of course. Last week, my eating window was two hours later due to unforseen circumstances, I just drank the smoothie I normally have with my meal to help stave off my appetite until dinner an hour later--water, coffee, nothing else worked. However, my smoothies have bananas, blueberries, peanut butter, yogurt, and chia seeds. Although, I just made the smoothie sans the last three ingredients and made those separately in a dessert cup. lol

• arguablysamson
    IFThinElse wrote: »
    pre-meal part of the day (wake to 5pm)...have no issues waiting to eat, drinking coffee/water, not snacking/grazing, etc.

post-meal part of the day(5:30pm to bed)...the desire to extend the eating window on through the evening hits me several days per week. i still want to eat basically to a binge and the drinks don't seem to be as much of a help then.

Gotta remember that it will take a while to eliminate higher levels of fasting insulin release. This happens when you adapt to OMAD. Your body will eventually stop and it will get easier if you are consistent.
  • malamin0423
    malamin0423 Posts: 2 Member
    Morning - Iced Espresso with Splenda. I usually do about 40 to 60 ounces of water before afternoon. I drink water all throughout the day. In the evening I will have a diet soda or water with my evening meal as well.
  • Brenda703
    Brenda703 Posts: 9 Member
    So far 2 cups of black coffee. I'll have water also
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I am struggling to get beverages in. I have not been drinking anything throughout the day. I forced myself to drink two bottles of water at work today because I know I need it.
  • arguablysamson
    edited June 2017
    Well, don't worry too much. It's unlikely you need to force yourself to drink. They are best used as meal replacements, and of course, for general hydration. No need to worry too much. My rule is, for every soda, coffee or tea consumed, I have to have that much water to go with no matter what.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is a good rule.
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    I tend to drink lots of tea and coffee with skimmed milk, having de-caf after noon, each is about 20-25kcal... I think I might need to cut this down!
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Coffee and tea dehydrate according to my former personal trainer. He always said to match the ounces with water for that reason.
  • arguablysamson
    edited June 2017
    I just found out I like Equal with cafeteria style iced tea! I never liked Equal before!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    After my meals I have been drinking organic cacao with xylitol, yummie and it is a very heartie drink...cacao plant is very special... it will nourish you inside out.

Today I had after my meal, Chaga (mushroom) very special, nourishing and healing mushroom...

Fasting time:
    Black coffee (I had quit coffee and I was so proud of it...,)
    Water (I am waiting to receive the most amazing water from a special place here in Spain, water only no addings)
    Green tea (kukicha i highly recommend it!!!!) its amazing!! super healing on many levels.

I normally dont like soda drinks so no probs, and I hate zero calorie sodas yak!
    I like red one now and then but I haven´t been drinking any since I started OMAD (dont need alcohol, dont really care)
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Tea and coffee lead to eating crap for me o sm struggling and will be attempting omad again 3rd time this time i have founs bone broth..not sure how good / bad it is but it is clear and no milk or crap eating with it maybe soon wont need it but really need something to help mu stupid food head belive one meal a day is ok...
  • dfmcminn
    dfmcminn Posts: 4 Member
    Herbal tea and water all day during my fast. If I feel the need to sweeten the tea I use nothing but liquid stevia. Usually Stevia Clear. During my OMAD window I have coffee with cream and tea with cream. On the rare occasion I go out for my OMAD I will have a glass of wine
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Joe in one of your videos you mention ginger with tea...would ginger bring you out of fast or it can be taken during our fasting?