Curry time!

abs1970
abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
I'm out on a date tonight :) Curry and alcohol on the menu! I usually go for the healthy option (chicken tikka) but wonder what the next healthiest might be. I eat clean all day every day, so think I deserve a treat ;)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Sounds delicious! Have fun. :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Just curious, what about curry wouldn't be "clean"?
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    abs1970 wrote: »
    I'm out on a date tonight :) Curry and alcohol on the menu! I usually go for the healthy option (chicken tikka) but wonder what the next healthiest might be. I eat clean all day every day, so think I deserve a treat ;)

I often make a batch of curry but I put a measured amount on veggies instead of rice. At home I can make it fit into my goal by controlling the portion size and bulking with veggies.

It's a date, treat yourself and go over a bit!
    You can make it up later in the week.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Just curious, what about curry wouldn't be "clean"?

it tastes good
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    "Clean" means different things for everyone, can we just let it slide one time?

OP enjoy your curry! I could live on naan and vindaloo!
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    OMG I love curry. I am careful with the rice and don't get bread because I don't value that as much, but I still have curry. I'm just make sure I know how much I'm having and fit it into my day.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    I've only recently fell in love with curry... and I'm really sad I've missed out on it for so long in my life. Shame I know...

OP - ENJOY!! Drink wine, or mixed drinks with diet/soda if you like. As for your meal ... eat until your satisfied. A normal portion of anything is rarely outrageous! :smile:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I'd double the curry and halve the rice.
  • RedSquadronLeader
    RedSquadronLeader Posts: 84 Member
    I loooove paneer (a handmade mild cheese, usually mixed in with peas and other veggies). Usually it's a vegetarian choice, for some reason it doesn't seem to be come with chicken or lamb often.
    This is probably too late for your date night ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    It's ONE DAY. Have fun.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Kashmiri chicken (made with banana) or chicken palak, boiled rice, garlic naan, pint of banana lassi.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    I loooove paneer (a handmade mild cheese, usually mixed in with peas and other veggies). Usually it's a vegetarian choice, for some reason it doesn't seem to be come with chicken or lamb often.
    This is probably too late for your date night ;)
    Thats Because paneer or cottage cheese is made of milk and usually doesn't go well with meat :)

OP start with healthy starters to fill you up so that you can eat half the naan. It is made of refined flour after all! :|
  • abs1970
    edited April 2017
    So I chickened out and had my usual chicken tikka with half a portion of rice & couldn't resist a few popadoms. :) Still very yum though. Plus a few vodka, diet soda & lime too...... great date night ;)
  • abs1970
    Who's to say I didn't ;)