WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I tried to make today a sort of a rest day and take care of laundry and computer related tasks.

*14,000 steps
    *four dog walks totaling 177 minutes
    ^40 minutes on the exercise bike
    *22 minutes pulling weeds

It's never a rest day for the dogs. They want to go out at all their regular times and walk their regular route.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Accountability Post
    Friday's Progress (4/21)
    ✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L12, D45 = 58g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (6g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    ✔️6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    ✔️8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, ✔️Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, ✔️Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Hugs to all!

Paula Y
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Good day, Ladies.

Marilyn - Never too late! Welcome aboard!!!

Lisa - Enjoy those grandbabies. I've been praying for your son. I never think to ask permission. Making a note of it.

Dana - Those are some very gorgeous photos.

I let the birds wake me up this morning. That is definitely the way to wake
    up.
    I am so tired and stressed that I am not getting much done. Time for a massage.
    We were invited last minute to the Friend and Family for the soft opening of Original Joe's on the Westside.
    Food was good, music loud and I was tired.

Going to look up some meal plans

-Sharon in sunny Alberta, Lethbridge
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: Your yard is charming! :flowerforyou:

Becca: I like, "The best way to get approval is not to need it." It matches my experience. I love the photo of your grandma. Very glamorous...:smiley:

Carol in GA: I use lactaid milk products, but sparingly, and I take additional lactaid tablets with them. :star:

Karen in VA: I'm keeping Jilli in my prayers. I hope there is not serious damage. (((HUGS)))

Ann from Anniston: Welcome. :smile:

Lanette & Sue in WA: I got cold at the stable today but I was dry. I am really tired. I helped there yesterday and a little bit today. I am in awe of the woman who owns the stable. She gets so much done! At this point I just want to rest. :yawn:

I have done a half-baked job of reading posts this evening because I am tired. I plan to get some rest and find something fun to do again tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Hello, Gorgeous Girls!

Another day in paradise. Slept late - did some dishes - went to the gym. No excitement, what so ever. A lovely Saturday.

DH and I went to the Chinese buffet for dinner... a calorie glut for sure - as the best thing they serve is this baked fish... Fish, you would think, would be a great choice, right? Um, no. The fish is baked - but baked in butter with a mayonnaise based sauce on top. It tastes FANTASTIC - but make no mistake - it is NOT diet food.

Thankfully, 55 minutes on the elliptical can absolve me of a healthy portion of that delicious fish.... and then we walked around Walmart for a full 90 minutes - 55 of which registered as "active" on my fitbit. Even with that, I was over calories. Oh well - it was a great meal and one I haven't had in a really long time.

I would have been fine - except I forgot we were going out, tonight, and I ate lunch. I generally fast for the day when we are going out for dinner... Ooops. Tomorrow will be better.

DJ - Sunshine back at ya, Sugar! Hope you have a fabulous trip! I, also, have Cruise Envy.

Sharon - OMG your DGC are priceless. "Weren't bikes invented then?" LOL. And don't feel too badly... we all look tired, sometimes... :D

NYKaren - I feel you on the lazy... LOL. No such thing as a truly lazy weekend, anymore.

Dana - gorgeous family! Your girl has your smile, for sure.

Well, my Lovlies, I am off to do a few little things before I fall into bed.

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Joyce, your grandchildren sound like they are worth bragging on. OMG I’d be such a proud grandma if they were mine. When I was reading about the 10 year old and what all she has made, I kept looking back to see if my brain misread her age. She sounds truly gifted.

Sharon, sorry your DGS didn’t pass the driving test. Kids take things so hard these days.

M, what a great picture of you and your bike. I cannot even imagine riding like you and Pip do. No wonder you have such a great body.

Marilync, welcome. It’s never too late to join. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Heather, congrats on getting the printer working. I like to have a copy of reservations when I go to check in someplace also.

Lanette, my allergies have been just terrible for over a month now. What a year. Maybe on the cruise there won’t be anything growing and blowing to make my eyes water and itch.

Dana, beautiful family your daughter has. That little girl is a stunning beauty. That means trouble ahead, ya know. Lol

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to the luncheon for the Women of the Moose today in honor of all 12 of the Members of the Month. They also announced the Member of the Year and it turned out to be me. *grin* They gave me a beautiful crystal vase as a gift. My cruise buddy got in about an hour ago and we chatted like crazy but now heading to bed. Installation of officers tomorrow then home to finish packing. Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. I think it would be great if lots of us could go on a cruise together some year. *Hint, hint*

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • elffkin
    elffkin Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, glad I found this thread. Good luck to all of you.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Rori it would be fun to meet.
    :heart: Margaret
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    beth yep, I'm making the 6hour trek to pack up my college co-ed in 2 weeks! Unfortunately it means I won't be flying with DH to our godson's graduation from Florida state college that same weekend.
    Also, it will be strange, I am packing up her things, she has midweek exams so won't be coming home with me!!

I am hoping that DH gets a terrific clerical job with the county this summer, someone is putting in a good word for her--networking is never a bad thing! The job pays well but is only 6 weeks, she got her application in with little prompting or help from me-but hey shouldnt she have her social sec. # memorized by now :s

Looking forward to a long walk today with bff and serious meal planning today. Another hectic work week--exercise is the key to handling my stress.

Karen hope Jill's doing okay.

DJ have a super fun cruise and happy birthday!

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    M, what a great picture of you and your bike. I cannot even imagine riding like you and Pip do. No wonder you have such a great body.

Thank you very much. :)

I've been cycling and active most of my life, but then in 2009, I moved to Australia and developed DVT on the flight over. Turns out I am genetically predisposed toward developing DVT. Anyway, my cycling dropped off and I put on a bit of weight. I lost some of it in 2011, and then my husband and I took off on an 8 month round the world trip. We took our bicycles with us and cycled a lot, but there's just so much good food out there! Life was unsettled when we got back and in late 2014, I hit my highest weight. So I joined MFP and lost the weight in 2015 ... and then got back into the long distance cycling in 2016. :)

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Happy St George's Day from sunny England

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi all!

Karen - Really hoping Jilli is ok. <3

Done my exercises. :D Just waiting for DH to bring me up a cup of coffee before I get washed, dressed and made up. Won't be taking many clothes with me for a two night stay. Haven't packed yet, but I've sorted toiletries, make up and medications. That always takes the longest. My essential is ear plugs. I even have two pairs in my handbag. :p
    I've booked the taxi to the airport. The drivers can never find our house, but I have given instructions. Very easy to remember the taxi's number - it is our local code, then 696969. :o

Barbie - It is so interesting the way one woman's meat is another's poison. Even when I was at school I knew that travel was hugely important for me. It is the time when I am most alive, calm, Mindful, and present in my life. The strange thing is, you don't have to go far, or spend much money, to get that effect. Any break from routine, with new sights, sounds, smells and tastes can do that. Weirdly, I would say I am the world's worst traveller, in that I find the whole stuff around the actual journey enormously stressful. Once I am there I love it. I do prefer a foreign language to speak, but that isn't essential. History, new food, architecture, art, beautiful scenery are all my idea of a holiday. Sitting on a beach is not. :laugh:

Love to all. I do have wifi at the hotel, so should be able to check in with you. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxx

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Here is my poor Jilli with her big goose egg. The pediatric emergency doctor decided she did not need a CT scan, so she is under "watchful observation" at home. I will find out later today how she is faring.

y8xcvd8r76o8.jpg

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    That's a goose egg! Poor baby, hope she feels better quick <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Wow ~ What a big knot on her head. (((Hugs)))
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    OUCH! Glad she is getting good care!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Re: My Auntie Irene used to say that I was born lazy and had a setback. It sounds mean, but I loved Auntie Irene and wasn't offended by her remarks. (Her grandchildren called her Re-Re.) Your fish sounds very rich. I couldn't eat the butter, but the mayo sounds lovely. Perhaps I could talk them into margarine. 55 minutes on the eliptical undoubtedly did a great job helping your body cope with the fabulous food. :devil:

DJ: Congratulations on being honored as Member of the Year by Women of the Moose. Enjoy your cruise! :flowerforyou:

Heather: Was travel a part of your childhood or something you discovered later? Enjoy your trip. :star:

Karen: I'm sending good thoughts for Jilli. That goose egg looks so painful. :flowerforyou:

I am sore and tired everywhere this morning. I didn't work hard at the stable yesterday but I am still sore from spraying down the walls of my house with a solution that got rid of green slime the other day & standing around in the cold watching the cutting class yesterday wasn't helpful. I might go and watch for a while again today, sore muscles or not. Not sure yet. The teacher was a man and seemed very nice. I'd guess his age as somewhere in his late thirties or early forties. All of the students we were women, two were under thirty and the rest of them were 50+. It appears that a significant portion of horse-crazy little girls never get over it.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member